De Gea Contract Situation

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Sassy Colin, Oct 15, 2014.

?

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 9, 2015

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

So you can sympathise with DDG perfectly
  2. Sep 9, 2015

devilish Juventus fan who used to support United

Money means nothing considering that he can earn as much money with real as with united
  3. Sep 9, 2015

NK86 Full Member

Where did you get that from? I didn't see any reports saying that Madrid were willing to pay 30 million euros for DDG. All I read was they wanted him for close to 13 million pounds and that was a piss take offer.
  4. Sep 9, 2015

RedChip Full Member

If it happens to another guy, it is pussy whipping; if it happens to you, its loving and caring...
  5. Sep 9, 2015

SirAF Ageist

It has been reported that United are willing to pay him considerably more than Real. Whether or not that difference means something to someone who already makes a huge amount is another discussion.
  6. Sep 9, 2015

Green_Red Full Member

Yea but I dont earn millions of pounds a year. If I did my missus would hang around.
  7. Sep 9, 2015

Adebesi Full Member

But you could also earn millions of pounds at home in England, so everyone's a winner: what then?
  8. Sep 9, 2015

Kylar Stern Full Member

...and if she didn't, and had her own relatively successful career in her home country where all their friends and family live?

Put it this way, Australia arguably offers a much higher quality of life than England, yet your Mrs still wants to go back home, and you're willing to follow her even though it's not technically your home country...
  9. Sep 9, 2015

Red_toad Full Member

Very debatable, better weather yes.
    What has australia v England got to do with it. If I lived in Spain I could pop home on my days off, deckin no chance of that from aussie.
  10. Sep 9, 2015

glazed Full Member

The wider pictures is that we are at war with Real, and I don't think that's putting it too strongly. We continuously destabilise their players by bidding for them - even though we know full well they're only playing along to get better contracts. They routinely grab our world class players, or ones we were after. So if it's a war, we're losing.

The big picture here (I think) is that Woody is trying to change that dynamic by getting in their faces and playing hard ball whenever he can, even if it costs us money. After all, we have more of it than they do, and that's our one advantage.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we were equally at fault in the De Gea contract not happening.
  11. Sep 9, 2015

Mainoldo Full Member

The money has to count for something! Why else would they say Money, power, respect..

I agree with you.
  12. Sep 9, 2015

anver Shart stop

[​IMG]
  13. Sep 9, 2015

Moriarty Full Member

Supports:
    A wife and a cat.
    Money can buy power but not respect.
  14. Sep 9, 2015

NinjaFletch Full Member

So even with his statement today still nothing to thank the fans for sticking with him?

Pretty classless imo.
  15. Sep 9, 2015

Mr Pigeon baldy fatty bum bum

Staging a 'coo' against my enemies in Fife
    He's in international duty though, it would be pretty classless of him to talk about his club when he's playing for his country I feel. I'm sure he'll say something when he gets back.
  16. Sep 9, 2015

Tibs Full Member

What statement?
  17. Sep 9, 2015

Sunny Jim Full Member

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    Researches say that it doesn't. The gratification you feel after getting money is inversely related to what you already have. The more you have the less happy you are with extra income.
  18. Sep 9, 2015

pierrethesnack Full Member

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/manchester-united-david-de-gea-10017300
  19. Sep 9, 2015

I really hope he plays v. Liverpool.

If he's ready to play for Spain, then surely he must be ready for us. I hope LvG isn't going to insist on the "play for the reserves first" stuff. Romero went straight into the team, and so should De Gea.
  20. Sep 9, 2015

R'hllor Full Member

Then show some respect,gratitude,appreciation,bit of loyalty (not 100%) towards those who were good to you in those first tough years in new country,or those who gave you your 1st job in that new country and were more then good/fair to you all the way.
  21. Sep 9, 2015

Adebesi Full Member

I have no complaints with the way De Gea has conducted himself in this transfer. He has never bad mouthed us. I believe if (hopefully when) he is given the opportunity, he will play his heart out for us. Just like, I presume, @Green_Red will work hard for his employer right up until the moment he and his missus move to England.

So I dont know specifically what criticism you are making here?

Edit: Realised I wasnt replying to the person I thought I was.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  22. Sep 9, 2015

Turnip Full Member

I don't think anything bad can be said about Dave really. He's quietly not signed a new contract, which he is well within his rights to do for whatever reason he chooses. He didn't even hand in an official transfer request unless I missed it. He's just been taking it as it comes and seems happy to be here still.

End of the day you can't blame the guy for wanting to move back to his home country where his girlfriend is and play for (probably) the biggest club in the world. I don't think he could possibly have been more reasonable about it.
  23. Sep 9, 2015

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

I think he will play.

It would be just the sort of statement to fill him with confidence and kick start his season with us.
  24. Sep 9, 2015

R'hllor Full Member

Other poster is the one who will go back to England with his girl. I just replied to you your post. When it comes to DDG,i could not care less about this whole thing but have my opinion about it tho and about DDG aka honey boo boo. Just think this all,wants to go back to his home town and so on,is bullshit in general imo.
  25. Sep 9, 2015

MancFanFromManc Full Member

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
    If he were to sign a new contract ahead of the weekend then he absolutely should play. And what a great boost it would give everyone, fans and players alike.

If not then no chance, rot in the reserves
  26. Sep 9, 2015

Catt Ole's at the wheel!

You could argue this was his aim all along to play for Real. Use United as a stepping stone with the intention of never signing a new contract and that doesn't sit right with me.
  27. Sep 9, 2015

sunama Baghdad Bob

Best player at MUFC, playing in the reserves?
  28. Sep 9, 2015

Adebesi Full Member

Reinstate him. Make him feel loved. Play well. Challenge for trophies. Then he might stay. Probably not, but he might. And at the very least we are likely to have a good keeper for the season.
    If we start threatening to "let him rot in the reserves" for the crime of not wanting to sign a new contract we will be pushing him into the arms of Madrid (I am not a lawyer but would there be an argument that this was constructive dismissal? Punishing him for not signing a contract when he is not legally required to do so?)
    On top of that we would be playing an inferior keeper, therefore potentially flushing points down the toilet. Truly, the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  29. Sep 9, 2015

Mockney Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Is that your idea of "sticking with him"? Or are you outraged on behalf of the fans you disagree with? Eitherway, it's a pretty mind bendingly gymnastic way of finding fault. Kudos.

Maybe he just read posts like that.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  30. Sep 9, 2015

The Purist New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think he will go to Real, still. Benzema/Ronaldo/Bale is simply better than Rooney/Mata/Depay and sometimes you have to be realistic with these transfers.

That said, I have no doubt United will throw everything but the kitchen sink at him and probably make him twice as rich as the current highest paid goalkeeper.
  31. Sep 9, 2015

How dare you! Ban this agent provocateur at once :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.