De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo91

Guys i was being sarcastic with the 'Rawk insiders' bit ffs. They have been saying about DeGea to Madrid for a while now though, a lot of 'i heard today....' style posts as well

Its almost certain to be bullshit but DeGea is tailor made for Madrid and it wouldn't be the first time they have taken one of our players is it.
It just makes you worried thats all..
Ya reckon?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rawk insiders :lol: gets funnier every time you say it. They probably thought Suarez was staying the daft Scouse twats.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Even if we got £50M, what can we do with the money? We can't buy better...
Exactly. We wasted more than that between Smike and VdS. Not just monetary loss, but time and (possibly) trophies as well. World class with potential to be great player doesn't come out often. Just look at Liverpool with Suarez, and Spurs with Bale's money.

Shimo

Bloody hell - we can't be waiting till the final year to get new contracts done for top players and certainly not for a player in the top 3 in his position. Lewandowski should be a lesson for all clubs.

NoLogo

Bloody hell - we can't be waiting till the final year to get new contracts done for top players and certainly not for a player in the top 3 in his position. Lewandowski should be a lesson for all clubs.
Bayern approached his agents long before he entered his final year of the contract of course not directly. That's one of the main reasons Lewandowski didn't sign a new Dortmund contract because he knew how much more he could earn at Bayern.

If you want to be save from other clubs snatching up your players on a cheap you'll better extend the contract two years before it runs out otherwise you end up in a very weak position when it comes to negotiations.

lifted

Our current spending policy and Woodward's desire for 'elite players in every position' makes it impossible for me to believe that de Gea is leaving any time soon. He's not going anywhere.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Give him bigger contract, papamobile and supply of Tesco donuts for the rest of career.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Reported on talksports that Hart`s getting a bump up from 80k to 120k.
I'd be surprised if Hart is on as little as £80k now - he must've renewed his contract already since the arrival of Mansour? Though I suppose his agent might just not be very good.

Sam

I've already accepted the fact we're going to lose him. It just seems inevitable.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
When he signs, we'll at least have leverage over those souless scumbags from Madrid. Buffon went for £30m to Juventus near 14 years ago. We should be looking at £50m minimum.

Ekeke

Can anyone shed some light on why the "major" rumour is that we could lose him to Real Madrid, when he came through the Atletico Madrid academy? Him signing for Madrid would start a small war and he knows that and would most likely never do it. So why does the speculation persist?

devil in me

Can anyone shed some light on why the "major" rumour is that we could lose him to Real Madrid, when he came through the Atletico Madrid academy? Him signing for Madrid would start a small war and he knows that and would most likely never do it. So why does the speculation persist?
Lazy journalism? We've got a world class keeper who is from Madrid. Casillias needs replacing. Not much work has to go into the 'De Gea to Real Madrid' stories.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Because a lot of players wouldn't care about that sort of thing if it meant they could play for bigger club. Look at Figo going straight from Barca to Real, or Campbell going straight from Spurs to Arsenal, or Michael Owen ending up at Manchester United. De Gea moving to Real would be no worse than any of those....

Ekeke

Because a lot of players wouldn't care about that sort of thing if it meant they could play for bigger club. Look at Figo going straight from Barca to Real, or Campbell going straight from Spurs to Arsenal, or Michael Owen ending up at Manchester United. De Gea moving to Real would be no worse than any of those....
There are 9 players that have played for both clubs, and few of those could be described as a top player

Figo is the exception to the rule, not the reason that absolutely any player that was at Madrid's rivals will go to them. A) That was a while ago now
B) Wasnt Real's closest rivals, or an academy player C) Atletico probably have more chance of signing him than Madrid do as they are neck and neck at the top of the league and are current champs.
I mean fair enough if David has come out and said he wouldn't dismiss them entirely out of respect for Atletico, but if he hasnt it should be assumed that like most other players he's not going to do something like that

RuudTom83

Woody is the dogs bollocks, no way Madrid or Barca are taking our best players...those days are over!

Relax

ZDwyr

I've already accepted the fact we're going to lose him. It just seems inevitable.
I'm leaning that way. Just so if it does happen I have prepared myself and it won't hurt as much :(

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I would assume we learned our lesson from the Ronaldo deal. £80m never felt so little.

Hopefully a long term contract is coming.

Soon.

Distracted Steward

I repeat, what are we going to do with the £50M? We can't buy better. Pay him a huge salary and he'll repay us every penny.
This. Neur is not for sale, and the rest of the top keepers seem to be in place.

Losing de Gea would be painful. Replacing Peter the Great was hard and that was with a far better defense.

Oo0AahCantona

He is irreplaceable, give him a 6 year deal with promises to renew and keep him on parity with neuer, or whoever the top paid keeper is at the time. Our best hope is to surround him with similar quality so that united making the champions league final sometime soon doesn't sound like a windup.

red_7

He was going to join Real from the first day he signed. Hope he does stay at least another year. If we sell him, we should go for Lloris and make a financial profit with those deals!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would assume we learned our lesson from the Ronaldo deal. £80m never felt so little.

Hopefully a long term contract is coming.

Soon.
If we sell him to Real Madrid it won't be for anywhere near a record fee. To be fair I'd hope we could keep him for another year if he refused to sign, I'd rather lose him for free in 2016 after a good 2015-16 season where he could potentially win us a trophy than cash in £20m and fail to replace him.

I think he'll stay here though.

VanGaalEra

DDG wouldn't want to leave us on a free, he wouldn't do us over like that. This man is here for the rest of this decade.

Tibs

5 year deal on 140k week - get it done Woodward

red_7

Bizarre post

he was tipped to one day replace Iker even in his days with AM. I have always been pretty sure he would return to Spain one day and with his quality it can only be Real or Barca. He won't be with us for his whole career I think.

Once he didn't start too well in the PL the rumours were much less alive. A soon as he performed they came back as expected.

Ekeke

he was tipped to one day replace Iker even in his days with AM. I have always been pretty sure he would return to Spain one day and with his quality it can only be Real or Barca. He won't be with us for his whole career I think.

Once he didn't start too well in the PL the rumours were much less alive. A soon as he performed they came back as expected.
Replace him for his country yes. Not Real Madrid :lol:

Atletico developed him, gave him games as a teenager and let him go join United to follow his dreams. Im not sure but I think he's said before that he cried when he left them.

He's very unlikely to disrespect Atletico and their fans to join their great local rivals and he definitely wont do it when Atletico Madrid are just as good an option like they are now. He'd have to be a very special type of person to do that. As I said before 9 players have ever played for both Madrid teams and few of them could be desribed as top players like De Gea, few were academy products, few were in the last 10 years...

Its like us signing Joe Hart after he has a spell playing for Valencia. It wouldnt happen and if it did, it would cause outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.