De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergieisold

He is not. This is just a ridiculous caf narrative for some. 75% of penalties are converted by takers. Dave has saved 11 of 55 penalties in his career, a 20% save rate.
It isn't ridiculous. He's shite vs other keepers. A quick trawl through some of the better known teams/keepers shows he's dead bottom!

Romero 10 in 24 (41%)
Ederson 16 in 26 (61%)
Allison 5 in 11 (45%)
Kepa 5 in 13 (38%)
Pickford 8 in 27 (30%)
Neuer 18 in 39 (46%)
Stegan 10 in 29 (34%)
Oblak 10 in 28 (36%)
Courtois 7 in 34 (21%)
Navas 14 in 31 (45%)

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It isn't ridiculous. He's shite vs other keepers. A quick trawl through some of the better known teams/keepers shows he's dead bottom!

Romero 10 in 24 (41%)
Ederson 16 in 26 (61%)
Allison 5 in 11 (45%)
Kepa 5 in 13 (38%)
Pickford 8 in 27 (30%)
Neuer 18 in 39 (46%)
Stegan 10 in 29 (34%)
Oblak 10 in 28 (36%)
Courtois 7 in 34 (21%)
Navas 14 in 31 (45%)
Romero - 10/34 - 29.41%
Alisson - 5/16 - 31.25%
Kepa - 5/18 - 27.78%
Pickford - 8/35 - 22.86%
Navas - 14/45 - 31.11%
Courtois - 7/39 - 17.95%
Oblak - 13/41 - 31.71%
Stegen - 10/39 - 25.64%
Neuer - 18/57 - 31.58%
De Gea - 11/55 - 20.00%
Ederson - 6/32 - 18.75%

Last edited:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Romero 10 in 24 (41%)
Ederson 16 in 26 (61%)
Allison 5 in 11 (45%)
Kepa 5 in 13 (38%)
Pickford 8 in 27 (30%)
Neuer 18 in 39 (46%)
Stegan 10 in 29 (34%)
Oblak 10 in 28 (36%)
Courtois 7 in 34 (21%)
Navas 14 in 31 (45%)
No, to say he is abysmal is ridiculous and it's an I'll informed narrative that's been trying to grow here for some time. You're moving the goal posts now to say he's not good versus 10 other keepers.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Romero 10 in 24 (41%)
Ederson 16 in 26 (61%)
Allison 5 in 11 (45%)
Kepa 5 in 13 (38%)
Pickford 8 in 27 (30%)
Neuer 18 in 39 (46%)
Stegan 10 in 29 (34%)
Oblak 10 in 28 (36%)
Courtois 7 in 34 (21%)
Navas 14 in 31 (45%)
Oblak 13 in 41 (31.7%)
Neuer 18 in 57 (31.6%)
Alisson 5 in 16 (31.3%)
Navas 14 in 45 (31.1%)
Romero 10 in 34 (29.4%)
Kepa 5 in 18 (27.8%)
ter Stegen 10 in 39 (25.6%)
Pickford 8 in 35 (22.9%)
De Gea 11 in 55 (20%)
Ederson 6 in 32 (18.8%)
Courtois 7 in 41 (17.1%)

van der Sar is down as one of the best keepers we've ever had and he saved 9 in 57 (15.8%) and his record at our club was 2 in 14 (14.3%). He also turned it on for one of our greatest moments since the treble during that CL final shootout saving Anelka's penalty, so to say we'll lose any shootout if he's our keeper is a bit premature to say.

fergieisold

Oblak 13 in 41 (31.7%)
Neuer 18 in 57 (31.6%)
Alisson 5 in 16 (31.3%)
Navas 14 in 45 (31.1%)
Romero 10 in 34 (29.4%)
Kepa 5 in 18 (27.8%)
ter Stegen 10 in 39 (25.6%)
Pickford 8 in 35 (22.9%)
De Gea 11 in 55 (20%)
Ederson 6 in 32 (18.8%)
Courtois 7 in 41 (17.1%)

van der Sar is down as one of the best keepers we've ever had and he saved 9 in 57 (15.8%) and his record at our club was 2 in 14 (14.3%). He also turned it on for one of our greatest moments since the treble during that CL final shootout saving Anelka's penalty, so to say we'll lose any shootout if he's our keeper is a bit premature to say.
Well corrected stats. I read them as penalties saved out of a total number of penalties faced. It is infact penalties saved and penalties not saved! Whoops!

NYAS

That has nothing to do with his howlers. He cannot use his legs, terrible distribution and he has been so underwhelming for Spain too. He has been a great player for Man United but he hes never been the best keeper in the world. Only deluded United fans believe that
Come on man. He isn’t now, but he definitely was the best keeper in the world for a couple of years. It wasn’t just United fans who thought that. Most of the world did. That’s bizarre that you think that to be honest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Great news, could care less what he's earning (prior to the last few weeks of last season no one could argue he deserves it) and at this time of turmoil replacing our goalkeeper while we have defence, midfield and attack to also address is an additional issue we can do without

GlasgowCeltic

Come on man. He isn’t now, but he definitely was the best keeper in the world for a couple of years. It wasn’t just United fans who thought that. Most of the world did. That’s bizarre that you think that to be honest.
Some did, most considered Neuer the top man

Eric's Seagull

Up until recently I thought Neuer was better, but not anymore, I'd put Dave in front of him now. When we beat 4-1 in Schalke in 2010/11 it was the best I'd seen since Schmeichel and am convinced if Neuer hadn't been playing we would have scored double the amount of goals mate.

NYAS

Nope, most considered Neuer the top man before that two year period I’m talking about. Then it was quite a unanimous thing for a couple of years up until around World Cup time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't think so. Despite being a great keeper for our team, we always overrated him a little.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Daves a top keeper. Is he flawless? No. Last season was a tough season. Lots of negativity and I think when a big manager loses the dressing room, and when you go on a run only to blow it....it can effect everyone with ambitions to play at the top. So we failed as a team. I wouldn't swap De Gea for anyone. He just needs to refocus and we need to be more stable as a defensive unit. Should he re-sign, that's a tremendous boost considering because even if he left he would ask for a big wage. Let's win trophies with this guy. I think he/we can recapture that spirit but I won't forget all the good he's done based on a poor season by his standards.

I think the spirit of the team was so poor. It really is vital we start strongly and get back challenging.

Halal Jalal

He isn't.
Who is it then? I keep seeing all these "De Gea set to become highest paid goalkeeper in the world" headlines but if you actually search the list of highest paid GKs, it seems that not even Courtois at RM has currently higher salary than DDG.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who is it then? I keep seeing all these "De Gea set to become highest paid goalkeeper in the world" headlines but if you actually search the list of highest paid GKs, it seems that not even Courtois at RM has currently higher salary than DDG.
Neuer earns 15 million per year.

Oblak - 10 million after tax.
The goalkeeper's salary rises, going on to earn 10 million net euros per season.
Courtois - 13 million gross
According to Het Laatste Nieuws, Courtois is nearing an agreement over personal terms with Real, his wage amounting to 13 million euros gross per year.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/07/14/5b4a2075ca4741c3388b45d6.html

You should ignore sillyseaosn, spotrac and other silly sites, which don't know the different between gross and net wages.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Feels weird to be smashing salary records to make him the best paid keeper in the world after a shitty season like the one he just had.
Well the contact should have been sorted a year ago, he should have never got within 2 years of his contract expiring let alone the one year we face now

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Feels weird to be smashing salary records to make him the best paid keeper in the world after a shitty season like the one he just had.
He didn't have a shitty season just a shitty patch and every player has those. Give the guy a massive break. He's still very much one of the best in the game even with his distribution weaknesses.

ash_86

Once his future is sorted i'm sure Dave will be focussing 100%. If we get Maguire, our defense is sorted for years to come.

Number4.

He didn't have a shitty season just a shitty patch and every player has those. Give the guy a massive break. He's still very much one of the best in the game even with his distribution weaknesses.
Bullsh*it - his form dipped in March 17, he was dreadful through the WC and didn't get over it into 2018. His % saves stats stayed low at below 70% which is dreadful & he's looked off "it" for 14/15 months now. Perhaps he has lost his concentration, with all they move talk and will autocorrect this year, but to say Shi*tty patch is nonsense.

If it wasnt for the wondergame at spurs is would be crisis, not bad patch

Last edited:

DarkChild™

DeGea has nothing going for him besides reflexes and concentration (which have both gone down noticeably since the arsenal game at OT). We seem to be drifting towards a system that will rely on a sweeper keeper and ball playing of which DeGea is a joke. Hope am wrong and his form picks up again otherwise am strapping on my seat belt.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Bullsh*it - his form dipped in March 17, he was dreadful through the WC and didn't get over it into 2018. His % saves stats stayed low at below 70% which is dreadful & he's looked off "it" for 14/15 months now. Perhaps he has lost his concentration, with all they move talk and will autocorrect this year, but to say Shi*tty patch is nonsense.

Ha! Say it like it is dude! The guy has been awesome for us and he performed no worse than anyone else in our dysfunctional team last season. The guy is still top draw. So,he's made a few errors, what player doesn't? Just keepers are totally exposed.

If he was behind a stable top drawer defence we'd have never noticed his dip in form. Sorry, I have to disagree and still state we have one of the best in the world in the position.

charlenefan

Ignore the last few weeks of last season and last season he was underpar based on the expectations he's set, those expectations being games like the one against Spurs which people expect every week. The last few weeks of last season were downright awful and just compounded things

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ignore the last few weeks of last season and last season he was underpar based on the expectations he's set, those expectations being games like the one against Spurs which people expect every week. The last few weeks of last season were downright awful and just compounded things
The absolute howlers came in a bunch towards the end of the season but he’s looked nothing like the best keeper in the world since at least the season before last. The wobbles were obvious enough from the very beginning of last season. Had a terrible WC and has been visibly rattled ever since.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Is it official about Pogba?
Don't think anything's official, no.

Way I read it, though, we won't do him or his suitors any favours. So, either we get a king's ransom for him (looks unlikely that anyone is willing to fork out that much) - or he simply has to stay put for the time being. In which case he'll have little to gain from downing tools/sulking, etc.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Never excelled in European competition or on the International stage for Spain, but he's the best goalkeeper in the last 5 years and arguably our greatest.:houllier:
Is that his fault? Spain’s golden era is over and we’ve been absolutely shite.

Paxi

Well, imagine if Dave's 18/19 form is his permanent level now. Imagine having a goalkeeper like that on a 5 year long 350k/w contract, absolute disaster.
There's a good chance that he'll get back to his world class old self, but you should understand why many people are worried about this.
Or let’s just take his overall form for United into consideration. You know, like any sane person would do.. He’s going to be 34 by the time contract is over. Hardly that old for a goalkeeper.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is that his fault? Spain’s golden era is over and we’ve been absolutely shite.
Him fecking up for Spain and losing the #1 spot to Kepa has nothing to do with Spain's golden period being over.

We have been shite defensively since Fergie retired and the only constant has been the 'timid one' who is afraid to come off his line.

Our current defense needs a imposing goalkeeper and he isn't imposing at all when it comes to commanding his box.

Paxi

That has nothing to do with his howlers. He cannot use his legs, terrible distribution and he has been so underwhelming for Spain too. He has been a great player for Man United but he hes never been the best keeper in the world. Only deluded United fans believe that
He can use them where it matters most and one of the best ever.

This whole distribution mumbo jumbo is a load of bollocks. If our team played like a Manchester United team is expected to — no one would give a feck about his distribution.

Paxi

Him fecking up for Spain and losing the #1 spot to Kepa has nothing to do with Spain's golden period being over.

We have been shite defensively since Fergie retired and the only constant has been the 'timid one' who is afraid to come off his line.

Our current defense needs a imposing goalkeeper and he isn't imposing at all when it comes to commanding his box.
Spain are wankers for crap like that. Had st.Iker as number one way past his sell by date. So what Spain do doesn’t concern me. What De Gea does doesn’t concern me. He’s better than Kepa without a doubt. We’ve had plenty of Man Utd first team players who couldn’t make their national first teams.

It’s going to be fun quoting nay sayers when he’s back on top form.

Status
Not open for further replies.