De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well to be fair, its either him or Pogba for the captain (or Smalling...). He has been in this club the longest though, from Fergie golden era to all the shite years from Moyes to LVG to Mourinho and to Ole. He has been our best player in most part of it.

ColvaleGoa

I am just happy he has signed long term. Now let's concentrate or at least try and sort out other areas crying for replacement. Last thing we want to do is start looking for replacement . Let's hope we do have some sort of buyback clause if Henderson leaves now.

clarkydaz

Can totally see him bollocking Pogba for not passing quick enough, and demanding Martial to get back in position :angel:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The two points I made were he was an incredible player and he’s certainly not worse than Romero. So which one is it you disagree with?

Who said he was the perfect goal keeper? Who is? Great to have some examples.

He was the best fecking keeper in the world, one bad season below his usual standard when our club was in disarray doesn’t all of a sudden make him an overrated player. Anyone who can seriously sit there and question his ability to the point where they can start suggesting average keepers or back ups as better than he can piss off. Take your perennial moaning elsewhere. Perhaps if our defence weren’t as leaky as Henry’s shitty bucket then the few aspects of his game that aren’t world class wouldn’t repeatedly be tested.

He’s won more Sir Matt Busby Awards than any other, he’s dug us out of holes more often than any keeper we’ve ever had. If the players around him were of the same level as he, and we were actually winning trophies, then he would quite rightly be discussed as a legend. But if you like, you can just ignore everything he’s done before last season, and chuck him in with the rest of the underachievers at the club.
Amen.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is this official then? BBC said he’d agreed a new contract but I haven’t read it anywhere other than ESPN, Telegraph etc.

Caesar2290

2 things bother me in this whole situation:

1. He is a reflex keeper and not very proactive one unfortunately. If Ole wishes to employ a high defensive line, oh boy... there is going to be so much miscomunication between the defnese and Dave.

2. What if the end of last season wasn't a fluke? What if does a Rooney or a Sanchez and severely declines? We are going to be stuck with him for 6 years on astronomical wages. Oh boy?

I wonder what happens to Deano if he signs?

Either than that, get it!

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
The state of this fecking thread. DDG is an incredible player and anyone seriously questioning his ability, or even suggesting Romero is a better keeper should just delete their account. Why are half of you even here? You clearly detest the club and everything associated with it. Time for the mods to start wielding the ban hammer, and get this forum back to a somewhat tolerable place to discuss the club.
I still think De Gea is one of the best keepers in this world despite his poor form but it’s posts like this that seriously made me dislike this community. This is an online discussion board. People have their own freedom of speech and entitled to voice out their opinion, if not what is the point of this site? Calling for people to be banned just because they don’t agree with you is just so immature and pathetic. Just like how I got called out for being a troll and to be banned when I didn’t agree with Ole to be made permanent manager. Some people are just so precious.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I still think De Gea is one of the best keepers in this world despite his poor form but it’s posts like this that seriously made me dislike this community. This is an online discussion board. People have their own freedom of speech and entitled to voice out their opinion, if not what is the point of this site? Calling for people to be banned just because they don’t agree with you is just so immature and pathetic. Just like how I got called out for being a troll and to be banned when I didn’t agree with Ole to be made permanent manager. Some people are just so precious.
Yes and I’m entitled to my own opinion, or are you telling me I’m not allowed to voice mine here but you’ve decided it’s ‘immature and pathetic?’ Great point well made. :wenger: Now If you ‘seriously dislike’ this community you know where to go.

Snuffkin

He done well against Milan.
Let's hope he's on the right track early doors.
Did he put pen to paper yet?

A9X SJ

6 years a bit steep maybe 3 & see how Henderson develops

Last edited by a moderator:

LARulz

What's with the delay on this? Reports were it was a done deal and now we are starting the season and it's gone quiet

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's with the delay on this? Reports were it was a done deal and now we are starting the season and it's gone quiet
I'd imagine we're waiting until the season is about to start to quiten down the transfer gloom and doom. Give us some positive news to counter it.

koop

I'd imagine we're waiting until the season is about to start to quiten down the transfer gloom and doom. Give us some positive news to counter it.
I would of preferred them to announce it ASAP. Makes United more attractive for potential recruits :rolleyes:

R'hllor

Maybe wuss wants to be free agent next summer, Juve love those and they could use a GK.

MUFC OK

Thought this was done? Wouldn't be surprised if this was announced tomorrow to keep the moderates from uprising.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I was thinking they might do an announcement before the Chelsea game, new contract and captaincy. But I don't know, he would be better off letting his contract run and seeing how we perform this season, chance we will not be in the Champions League again next season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How many times over the last year have we heard it's close/done and yet here we are. I'll believe it when I see it at this point

LARulz

How many times over the last year have we heard it's close/done and yet here we are. I'll believe it when I see it at this point
Yep. It's frustrating. Getting him signed up should have been number 1 priority. Of all our players, he is the one who can ask for huge wages.

Also agree with the point above, tie him down and we look a bit more attractive to others. Right now it looks like everyone is jumping ship or wanting to

Bestietom

Good it's all done now let's get down to challenging for honours. Bring in a top Midfielder and a forward Woodward.

RedDevilRoshi

Why hasn’t he signed yet?God forbid,is he having second thoughts again?!!

This will most likely be announced right after deadline day. Ed knows the fans won’t be happy at the lack of signings. So why not officially announce a new contract for DDG to try calm everyone down and take a bit of the pressure off him.

John Johnson

I wouldn't blame him if he left next year. This club has no ambition to win anything and is run by leeches

Inter Yer Nan

I wouldn't blame him if he left next year. This club has no ambition to win anything and is run by leeches
That's what I'm thinking too. I think he'll get some good offers from PSG and Juventus soon and just hold out and leave. Makes sense for him. Maximize your own profit and play for a team that has ideas of winning things.

I doubt he'll sign on to be honest. Only things I can think of keeping him is that he's incredibly loyal and settled and our wages are blowing whatever else he can get out of the water and he's assured of captaincy.

LARulz

If he hasn't signed yet, he can hold this club to absolute ransom. We lose him (and then Pogba), we've lost the 'star' power appeal unless this season turns completely differently to what we expect.

Don't imagine many players looking at United without De Gea and Pogba thinking "that's the place to be"

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Imagine coming to United with SAF as manager, playing with Rio, Vida, Evra, Scholes, Rooney, RVP etc and then this. He would be foolish to sign new contract :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Still nothing. I hope he’s not going to drag it out through the season assessing how the team is playing before deciding he wants to go after all

Sign!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wonder how big a signing on fee psg or juve might be prepared to give him in January?

Hope he says but won't be surprised to see him go
I’m more concerned that our budget will be wrecked for next season trying to get someone like Oblak when we need investment in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.