De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We need to win the CL with DDG or I'll forever feel guilty about it. This guy should have plenty of honours under his belt when he retires.
I agree to some extent. But you can look at Buffon who is arguably the best keeper of his generation, was loyal to his side and now has so many accolades under his belt. Ucl should not be the only criteria to measure the degree of success he has had with United

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Of course football has changed a lot over the years. You don't see players screaming and shouting at their teammates. Also the game has become so tactical that we just don't have our goalkeeper in one-on-one situations enough to judge him. But on occasions where he was called upon, I wouldn't trust another goalkeeper.
Well lets just say during Schmeichel time we had been much more successful, and apart from preventing opponents from scoring, he did also make a big contribution in organizing our defense with great success and was more influential, adding to that his long throw did help our counter attack play numerous times etc To further proof he did also lead his country winning the Euro against the bigger teams too. So not only he was the best GK of his generation, he was also the most successful one.

In comparison, De Gea has not yet reach such heights, but being fair our team was weaker during De Gea's time, he is still young and his individual performances are already worldclass, so lets see how it goes.

Last edited:

ricky-romeo

We need to win the CL with DDG or I'll forever feel guilty about it. This guy should have plenty of honours under his belt when he retires.
me feeling the same. feel sorry that he has only 1 PL title under his belt after 6 seasons, given the contribution he has made the the club over the years. glad we have added the FA cup, League Cup and Europa League the last 2 years but the PL and the CL are competitions that we desperately want to win.

Oooh_aaah_cantona

I love the big Dane, but in my view De Gea is just overall a more consistent and better goal keeper.

i think we owe him big. He joined us thinking we were Champions League contenders and Premier League winners... but in his 7 years, we were pretty much meh.

He could easily have been in any team and won lots of titles by now.

Klopp_De_Klown

His contract has a +1 year option, as far as I remember. It was a 4+1 contract signed in 2015, and we will exercise that option for sure.
OK i am unsure of this +1 year option. It seems to me you think its Uniteds option to take and not both parties to agree

Give him 7 years contract and 200 million release clause
Ahhh man, did the whole Barca Neymar situation teach you nothing.

He is destined to play for us for his entire career. In this advanced technology age, how can a multi million pounds transfer being ruined by a fax machine! :devil::devil::devil:

To this day, I still suspect that people from our club sabotage the deal. Madrid was really angry because they lost the chance to sign a world class player with very little money.

I love DDG and he is priceless. Give him the new contract with no release clause. We shouldn't sell even for new world transfer record.
My God, what does it take for common sense to be used in here. All the info was there at the time and what is it you think happened, we did a harry potter and fried their fax machine? DO you not remember the poll they took about Navas and DDG and the fans chose Navas. They were not convinced and pulled out.

Tell me this, if we(United) fcuked over DDG and it wasn't Real that balked on the deal, which the paper work actually proved later. Why didn't, DDG not just wait, angry with us and go for free the next summer instead he turns his back on Real and signs a new deal with us to basically tell Real to stuff themselves. The fact he signed that deal so soon after is as strong an indication who DDG blames for that situation.

Real tried to balme the sun moon and stars in the aftermath even declared they'd go to court. Until we(United) said we'd back their case and gladly make available all our paperwork on the matter. Having already released the fax publicly of the deal sent at 10 mins before the deadline signed by United. Real had a full 10 mins just to pass in on to the spanish FA. The just changed their mind.

First they claimed it was sent and must be a glitch or mix up, then they claimed there was a delay due to it being busy at the deadline time. Finally they admitted they did not send it through at all claiming they did not have time to check through it all!??? WTF? It was their paperwork which we had to sign and return, what did they need to check?

This summer just gone, DDG said he was "happy", Jose said, DDG would not be sold, he thinks DDG was happy here. ZIdane confirms Navas is his number one keeper and he is happy with him, Real admit they are not interested in signing DDG. This is late June/early July. Yet all summer long stories and rumors and posters and newspapers kept insisting Real will buy DDG this summer. 2 days before the recent window closed this was still going on.

Personally, if it was me, i'd sign for Barca if Real had done that to me. I'd never consider them again, however i'd never make that public as it weakens my position when looking for a new deal.

He should get a bumber deal as far as I'm concerned and 1B buyout clause at least for the first 3/4 of the term and never going below 250M. I know some will give it the whole he is only a goal keeper speach. To that i say cast your mind back to the gap between the great dane and EVS. Not something we should ever repeat. Look at pool or city right now, what would they give to have a DDG type.

Real might of been angry but it was only at being caught out they were no where near as angry as DDG was about the whole situation. If we were actually at fault why is he so happy here? Think Coutinho, will he stay or sign a new deal? Will he feck he is off. This would of been the same only to us.

Revan

Assumptionman
OK i am unsure of this +1 year option. It seems to me you think its Uniteds option to take and not both parties to agree
Here is from the official website: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-signs-new-contract-at-Manchester-United.aspx

David De Gea has signed a new four-year contract with Manchester United, keeping him at Old Trafford until at least 2019. There is an option to extend it for a further year.
The +1 option is almost always a club option, and most of the contracts we give are 4 + 1.

lococol

He looked gutted when he got nutmegged last night. Clean sheets mean a lot to DDG.

Revan

Assumptionman
If Neuer goes crashing down to the EL and we advance to the latter stages of CL, this could be his year. :drool:
De Gea needs some good European performances and United to do well, for him to be recognized as the best keeper in the world. He has been the best keeper in the world for the last year or two, but he won't get recognition he deserves until he does it on UCL/World Cup. With both United and Spain looking strong, he might have a good chance of being unanimously considered as the best keeper in the world by the end of next summer. And surely he deserves it considering the work and the improvement he has done.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
me feeling the same. feel sorry that he has only 1 PL title under his belt after 6 seasons, given the contribution he has made the the club over the years. glad we have added the FA cup, League Cup and Europa League the last 2 years but the PL and the CL are competitions that we desperately want to win.
If we start winning stuff again soon he could have a really decent career considering he could be at the top level til 35+. I hope he sees that and wants to stay. Reckon he's key to our CL hopes in the near future

davidmichael

Absolute no brainer to extend De Gea's contract on better terms as he's consistently been our best player and been the best keeper in the world for 3 or 4 years now, he's always going to be the difference between a very narrow win and a draw.

With Rooney and Schweinsteiger off the wage bill and Zlatan on half of what he was earning last season there's no reason not to throw another 50K a week at De Gea for another 4-5 year contract, we're definitely heading in the right direction now under Jose and building towards a consistent trophy winning team again but keeping De Gea is crucial to that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He should honestly be one of our top earners. Only Pogba, Zlatan and maybe Lukaku should be able to demand a higher fee. De Gea is irreplaceable in today's market.

Shark

@NotShark
He's a priceless player, who we should be offering the highest amount possible to keep. Especially now that we're back in the Champions league, when you have a player like him behind the sticks, literally anything can happen.

Seven Seas Sardines

If Neuer goes crashing down to the EL and we advance to the latter stages of CL, this could be his year. :drool:
It'd be glorious if Liverpool joined Bayern in the Europa. They'd die from gegenpressing Thursdays while not having a chance of winning the EL anyway! :drool:

Either way, I can't see Liverpool in the CL next year. Have fun Keita!

Oh, and I hope for a 10-15 year contract for De Gea too.

The United

I think he will be with us for a few more years if not for longer.

David does need some more European games and show his quality in those more to consider if he is the best goalkeeper in the world imo.

Not exactly his fault though that we have been a bit meh in that for awhile. Hopefully, he performs big in CL this year.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I'll never understand why Real didn't pay a bargain price for him 2 years ago instead of messing around and then blaming a faulty fax machine. Granted, they haven't really stumbled since then but they'd probably have won even more already and they'd have GK sorted for 10+ years.

wolvored

I think he will go eventually as he is Spanish, and his family and girlfriend live there. Lets hope he signs another 3-4 year contract and we win loads in that time, so he doesnt eventually regret his time here.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think he will go eventually as he is Spanish, and his family and girlfriend live there. Lets hope he signs another 3-4 year contract and we win loads in that time, so he doesnt eventually regret his time here.
Yeah he'll go, when he's retired.

Skills

Snitch
He's probably already thinking about his testimonial. Only a few years away now till the big 10

Wilt

10 year contract and buy his girlfriend a house in sunny Manchester, sorted.
If necessary, give his girlfriend a Learjet so she can nip off to the South of France for a bit of shopping, if it keeps her happy.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
He will go one day, imo. Just a matter of time. Right now, it's Zidane and Navas' form that's holding it up. Just insert some crazy north of 150 mil release clause, so we milk out the maximum.
Milking out the maximum doesn't involve having a release clause, especially a sum like 150 million when the market prices are increasing so rapidly.
Not that I attribute it to you, but it's similar to those that a few years ago said we should put a crazy 50 million gbp release clause. That's silly-low money now for the best gk in the world.

RooneyLegend

Basically give him what he wants and get it over and done with. However his contracts should never have a release clause.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Give him whatever the feck he wants.

350k\week you say, Dave? Done dealio.

He is worth 6-12 points or something each season, hard to put a price on that in todays PL.

Kapardin

If he signs one more contract, Real can have him when he's all washed up like Cech for Arsenal after we win a few titles and the CL with him.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.