De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Lol , for 63 m they can have his gloves.

We are better off keeping him for 2 more years and losing for free than accepting 60m now. We are building a team and having a solid GK at the base is pretty instrumental.

Robbie Boy

In a world were Gylfi fecking Sigurdsson cost Everton £40m, Real want De Gea for £63m? Righteo.

Can7onA

They can lick the bit in between my ballsack and my arsehole for £63M.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
I wouldn't sell him even if Real Madrid offered £226m,after they asked 90m for an unproven striker and then sold him to Chelsea for a lesser amount I wouldn't sell them any player let alone DDG.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Bale rumours started again a few days ago (like it ever really stopped!), so ergo, DDG rumors start. Soon these intellectual journos will be smart enough to connect the dots and write a "DDG and Bale swap deal" of sorts, over the coming days. :wenger:
Indeed, its like some episode of I'm on Setanta sports. Only thing missing is Dave From Newcastle explaining this.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Surely going to be Buffon's long-term replacement at Juve, no?
Last summer Donnarumma was at the end of his contract. Mino made a mess out of it and the boy ended up looking like a greedy bastard. Everyone single club in Italy turned against him, which is quite rare considering that unlike the EPL its common for players in the Serie A to move from one rival club to another. Ultimately Donnarumma remained at Italy but not until he was given a bumper deal (ie with a minimum fee clause deal) + with Milan also agreeing to sign his crap brother as well (nope its not just a Nevilles thing).

Things are looking very bright at the moment and that despite AC Milan spent ridiculous money to rebuild the side. If AC Milan doesn't qualify to the CL then Donnarumma will want to leave. If he handles a transfer request then he will reopen ancient wounds. I don't think he would be able to remain in Italy after that and with him being Mino's boy.......

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Last summer Donnarumma was at the end of his contract. Mino made a mess out of it and the boy ended up looking like a greedy bastard. Everyone single club in Italy turned against him, which is quite rare considering that unlike the EPL its common for players in the Serie A to move from one rival club to another. Ultimately Donnarumma remained at Italy but not until he was given a bumper deal (ie with a minimum fee clause deal) + with Milan also agreeing to sign his crap brother as well (nope its not just a Nevilles thing).

Things are looking very bright at the moment and that despite AC Milan spent ridiculous money to rebuild the side. If AC Milan doesn't qualify to the CL then Donnarumma will want to leave. If he handles a transfer request then he will reopen ancient wounds. I don't think he would be able to remain in Italy after that and with him being Mino's boy.......
Nice response.

I forgot about the fuss he kicked up in the summer. I still find it hard to imagine Italy's number 1 not playing for one of their top clubs though. Last summer will definitely make an internal transfer a little bit more difficult but I'd still bank on that happening over anything else. The timing is too perfect regarding Buffon's career, I also wouldn't be totally surprised if part of Juve's selling Bonucci to AC was, in part, to establish a good bond between the clubs. As you said, it's far more common for players to move between big clubs in Italy, and I'd honestly expect that to materialise again here.

Raiola is an interesting factor though - given how he behaved during the Pogba transfer I wouldn't totally write off Juve wanting to avoid working with him on high profile transfers.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Couldn't give a shit to be honest. Has a contract til 2020.
If real want to pay obscene amounts good luck to them.
He will cost a lot more than £63m though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How do you even prepare a bid? Do they have a similar process in place as United, where they put them on silk, handwritten by a Tibetian monk, hence it takes 2 months to get it done?

I thought the Sullivan e-mail scandal in Carvalho saga has basically proven to us that it's all horseshit, and they e-mail them with all the typos and nonsense, like an eBay preliminary offer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nice response.

I forgot about the fuss he kicked up in the summer. I still find it hard to imagine Italy's number 1 not playing for one of their top clubs though. Last summer will definitely make an internal transfer a little bit more difficult but I'd still bank on that happening over anything else. The timing is too perfect regarding Buffon's career, I also wouldn't be totally surprised if part of Juve's selling Bonucci to AC was, in part, to establish a good bond between the clubs. As you said, it's far more common for players to move between big clubs in Italy, and I'd honestly expect that to materialise again here.

Raiola is an interesting factor though - given how he behaved during the Pogba transfer I wouldn't totally write off Juve wanting to avoid working with him on high profile transfers.
Szczesny was on a talk show on Polish TV recently and he said that he only chose Juventus because they had presented him with a plan for the next 4 years which included him becoming Buffon's successor after he retires, I don't think they are going to backtrack on that and I am confident they will at least keep him in that role for the next year. They will obviously consider replacing him if he fails to live up to it but not before he's given a proper chance. He was no. 1 at Roma and could have easily gone to a very good club that would start him.

Trizy

In an age where Kyle fecking Walker cost £50m Madrid would want to try 5 times harder :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Nice response.

I don't possess a crystal ball to see the future but here is my thoughts about it

a- If AC Milan doesn't qualify to the CL then the minimum fee clause is 50m euros. That's peanuts for United but at Juventus its quite a significant fee

b- Since he would be a major signing then he must be perceived by Juventus fans as a coup. If Donnarumma throws the dummy again (+ considered what happened with Mino's other client Pogba) then he will be as popular for Juventus fans as Michael Owen's signing was with us.

c- Wojciech Szczesny signed with Juventus as no 2 ONLY because Juventus promised him a fair chance of becoming Buffon's heir. If Juventus spent 50m on Donnarumma then the Italian will have to play as no 1

d- Italy can't afford to be picky. If Donnarumma play well with us then rest assured that he will also play with the national team. Darmian is our reserve and yet he still play regularly with Italy.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
They can go feck themselves. How about they sell Isco or Kroos to us for 30m?

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
In an age where Kyle fecking Walker cost £50m Madrid would want to try 5 times harder :lol:
Personally i think Walker has proved a snip even at that price. Was exactly what we needed.

Anyway has De Gea got any release clause in his contract? I do agree though that he's the best about and easily worth £100 million.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think Madrid have accepted defeat in their pursuit of big dave and it's just the media over there rehashing the same old story.
I think this is exactly it. Of course this story is implausible. Dave isn't getting any younger and we've got him until he's 29. He could either sign a bumper contract with us that reflects his world class ability, or wait it out until he's 29 when he could get a 4 year deal with Madrid, who may of course decide on other options in the meantime.

Whatever the case, we should keep hold of him as long as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.