De Gea gets injured and Henderson gets a red card in our next PL match, who goes in goal?

maximus419

After Keane's analysis last night, we're gonna read how Hendo isn't "big" enough in his goal every week now.
To be fair, he's not wrong.

Henderson is shorter than de gea who's never managed to really impose himself and command his box. So henderson is never going to be the world class keeper needed to be a successful title winning side.

He looks like a mid table level keeper and I don't see any qualities that make him stand out from any other keeper at prem or championship level. At least with De gea he proved himself season after season as the best shot stopper and won player of the season many times.

He's done a good job convincing people he's the real deal, but to me he'll end up playing at mid table club or slide down to championship level. He hasn't got the top class quality and this will be exposed over time and utd will let him go.

As for the OP matic would probably do a decent job in goal.

Brophs

The One and Only
I could see McTominay being put in nets, if only because he’d be brave/daft enough to block shots with his face.

Longshanks

To be fair, he's not wrong.

Henderson is shorter than de gea who's never managed to really impose himself and command his box. So henderson is never going to be the world class keeper needed to be a successful title winning side.

He looks like a mid table level keeper and I don't see any qualities that make him stand out from any other keeper at prem or championship level. At least with De gea he proved himself season after season as the best shot stopper and won player of the season many times.

He's done a good job convincing people he's the real deal, but to me he'll end up playing at mid table club or slide down to championship level. He hasn't got the top class quality and this will be exposed over time and utd will let him go.

As for the OP matic would probably do a decent job in goal.
He had a poor game, he wasn't alone in that aspect. You may be right in the long run but I also think you might be writing him off far to quickly. Its interesting you bring de gea into it as a comparison who looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times in his first couple of seasons so much so that plenty of fans thought he should be loaned to a championship club, and he was playing in a better side behind a much better defence.

Give the lad a chance and a little bit of time before you throw him in the scrap heap, if he doesn't make it here he will still be PL level he's certainly not championship level.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Matic or McTominay. At the very least get someone quite long in there.

reddevil702

He had a poor game, he wasn't alone in that aspect. You may be right in the long run but I also think you might be writing him off far to quickly. Its interesting you bring de gea into it as a comparison who looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times in his first couple of seasons so much so that plenty of fans thought he should be loaned to a championship club, and he was playing in a better side behind a much better defence.

Give the lad a chance and a little bit of time before you throw him in the scrap heap, if he doesn't make it here he will still be PL level he's certainly not championship level.
De Gea was 21, coming to a new country. Henderson is 24 and has already played an entire PL season. It’s obviously very different playing for United than Sheffield but if we’re going to replace a World Class keeper, it better be as close to a sure thing as possible, and Henderson seems 50/50 at best.