De Gea Interview

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
For who? Ole?
Yeah. He's literally saying this is the worst the club has been in his time here and has no clue how they go about improving the situation. No expressing hope or cause for optimism, nothing.

United Hobbit

I'm concerned with both interviews really. At one point in Oles he said something about moving players around, muttering to himself, but stopped just short then answered 'its up to me to find the solution'.

Really does feel like he's out of ideas.

With DDG he seemed really angry and wanted to say more but didn't. Clearly wasn't happy with our midfield and mentioned the goal from our own corner. Also said it's the toughest he's known it at the club which is pretty damming all things considered.
Now you've reminded me of it yes I remember the "moving players around" part then he stopped I was almost waiting for him to say square pegs in round holes.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah. He's literally saying this is the worst the club has been in his time here and has no clue how they go about improving the situation. No expressing hope or cause for optimism, nothing.
He's saying it's worse Moyes. I don't know what more Dave can say here without getting in trouble.

LJJT

So you would rather have one of Juan's blogs saying the usual claptrap?
I think DDG interview was more pathetic than Juans blogs to be honest. Not that I’ve ever read one of his blogs cos talking needs to happen on the pitch. It’s pathetic

el3mel

The interview is what we need. Enough of this positive delusional crap our clueless manager trying to spout in the media. We need to face the reality and De Gea just said it in face.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Acting as if all the goals he lets in are him catching then throwing them in. He makes mistakes but less than others. Also we tend not to give many shots away because teams know how to play us, sit back and then hit on the counter - just avoid AWB and Maguire I'd possible. They don't need to pepper our goal. When we come up against City it'll be a massacre. Liverpool will love it, sit back and watch us pass it sideways and then lose it and score on the break.

His distribution isn't great but again, the fecking outfield players better be able to play a pass. If we are relying on our goalkeeper to be setting up goals we have even bigger problems than I thought.
I'm not placing any blame on DDG, he hasnt been bad this season. As for the defense, just avoid AWB and Maguire, half of our defense. The reason I mentioned this stat to begin with is the sheer difference in last seasons performance compared to this one. We were in the bottom half of the league in almost all defense metrics last season. This season we are 5th. And quite honestly that makes a lot of sense. We rarely get outplayed. Our shortcomings are all due in thanks to continuing injury problems, Dalot and Lindelöf latest, coupled with Marcus Rashford losing every shred he had of confidence.

ALL that aside. Manchester United has the 5th best posession metrics in the Premier League thus far and 5th most shots per game.

Our capitalization is horrendous however, and that is the fault of the end product. The chances are there, the players are not executing the final touch. Maguire today is the latest addition in a very long list of "How did you miss that?" open net chances that's changed everything.

Liverpool and Manchester City are going to have a far harder time against this defensive side than what everyone seem to think. But then again a lot of posters here cream their pants every time they imagine any of their players being a Manchester United player instead.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The interview is what we need. Enough of this positive delusional crap our clueless manager trying to spout in the media. We need to face the reality and De Gea just said it in face.
Did you need the manager to tell you that we have problems? Ok then.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think DDG interview was more pathetic than Juans blogs to be honest. Not that I’ve ever read one of his blogs cos talking needs to happen on the pitch. It’s pathetic
He was trying to tell the fans what is going on, but could not or he will be in trouble. Sometimes you want emotion, not just Ole's grinning face. You get sick of hearing ' It wasn't good enough and we will need to improve'. You don't even get that off Ole. Everything is peachy according to him, we perform great every week, the boys are working hard. We should be top of the league.

pat dunne

Stark contrast to Ole's interview where he made everything seem like it's going according to plan
Perhaps his plan was to get a 20 million pound payoff before Christmas . In that respect its working quite well

el3mel

Did you need the manager to tell you that we have problems? Ok then.
The manager was telling us a week ago that all our league performance was good bad WHU which wasn't that bad as the journos making out to be, and said later AZ draw was a very good result with a very good performance against a tough team. Enough of this delusional BS which doesn't help anything. It's better to hear a player with very high standards for the club sounding frustrated and saying it face to face this is shite. Last I want to hear after a terrible match is some delusional talking about how everything is fine.

RonaldoVII

Yeah De Gea should've buried the header in stoppage time to be fair.

Eric7C

Good on you, Dave. You went from having Fergie, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rooney et al to this shower. I feel for you.

Deery

Dreary
Seemed to me that he just fell short of saying it was all Ole’s fault “it’s not acceptable”. Pretty damming for your senior player to come out and say that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree. But those games last season he was woeful. He made a lot of basic errors which led to slipping out of the top 4. Lots of us had hoped Ole would put in Romero at the time.

But what you say is true. A lot of other players have had their contribution in making United look like shit. DDG has been largely excellent so you could forgive him for a bad spell.
Every keeper in history has made howlers and cost his team points. To point it out about ddg as though it's abnormal is just stupid.

LJJT

He was trying to tell the fans what is going on, but could not or he will be in trouble. Sometimes you want emotion, not just Ole's grinning face. You get sick of hearing ' It wasn't good enough and we will need to improve'. You don't even get that off Ole. Everything is peachy according to him, we perform great every week, the boys are working hard. We should be top of the league.
DDG said nothing of any relevance just looked very weak and clueless. If he is restricted in what he can say then say nothing or tow the company line. There’s a way to conduct yourself in business and sport or anything to be honest and if your representing a club or a business or any one then you defend it and you give it the best perception or message to the fans /public you can. Don’t come out with half baked uncertainty trying to throw people under the bus

Zoo

For the normally reserved and guarded De Gea to say this is very telling. He knows that Ole and the rookie staff are not remotely cut out for this. He has lived through the days of Moyes, Van Gaal and the toxic Jose.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Because Real haven't been interested since his mistake at the world cup and subsequent drop in standards.
Shit argument. Real Madrid aren't the only other club in the world, there tons of clubs better than the relegation scrappers we've become

fergiesarmy1

He has a right to moan at that, because if they are not scoring it is putting the defence and him under pressure every game.
Indeed, 9 goals in 8 premier games is pathetic regardless of blaming Ole, systems etc. The players have to be accountable.

Enigma_87

You know who
Looks like he's fed up. Sooner or later some other senior players will not bother as well.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Ole literally said the exact same thing. Was the worst game we've played, we can't create any chances and when asked how to fix it he replied with "that's the million dollar question isn't it?" He said the exact same things Ole said except Ole threw a little sunshine spin on top of it about working hard and we'll keep trying because that's just who he is.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wonder what the things he can't say are.
"Our players aren't good enough. Our manager isn't good enough. What's happening behind the scenes isn't good enough. There's a rot at the club that has seen us go from champions to two points off the relegation zone in the space of a few years, a rot which we individual players have little control over. It's a long way back even if we start doing things properly and I see little sign that we will start doing things properly. If it wasn't for that fecking fax machine I would have three CL medals, instead I'm wasting my career here in this bleak trophyless abyss. I hate you all but more than that, I hate myself."

At a guess.

RedDevilRoshi

Watching that, he looked like someone that really wanted to unleash a ton of anger out on the board, the management and the players as to how far we have fallen but knows he isn’t allowed to do so, despite deep down really wanting too.

I’ve got nothing bad at all against DDG. He has saved our a**** on countless times from a real proper spanking. He could easily have left and joined a much better team to win things and if he did, I would not begrudge him that move. Yes he had a really bad dip in form last season after the World Cup but how many of our players have performed so poorly over the last number of years pre and post World Cup right up until this day? Majority, in fact all of them.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Look how angry he is.
I don't see how this guy should ever be criticised. Hes been a phenomenal goal keeper for us and has utterly, utterly wasted his peak years fighting for top 6. We're a shambles of a club and he made the biggest mistake of his career signing that contract.

Hamadovich86

For DDG to come out and give an interview this candid .. could be the end for him or for Ole. Maybe I'm reading too much into but its normal.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He feels as we all do. The club is rotten and it can’t be fixed while those who caused the rot are still there.

Ole is a problem in that he can’t manage but nobody can come in and control what’s happening higher up.

DDG should never have signed the new contract though (for the sake of both parties really because his spirit has been broken) and Pogba has every right to force a move in January.

Shobbster

I wonder if he’s got a grace period where he can go back on his contract renewal? He’s far too good to be playing for this shite.
I think he's just dropped off being world class to being just very good. The Stats don't lie. He's been "not very good" and I'm being nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Ridiculous. Our manager camesl out and fecking says we played well against AZ the other day - that was pathetic. De Gea may have given the best interview since SAF retired. Completely lost as to what is happening and why.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Kind of like to see this level of concern and care in a weird way. Seems gutted, also seems like he wanted to slag our attack off but resisted.
He did in a way. He said we cannot even score 1 goal in 2 games. I mean what he must be thinking to himself if he’s saying that on camera. It’s petty damning,

LJJT

Ridiculous. Our manager camesl out and fecking says we played well against AZ the other day - that was pathetic. De Gea may have given the best interview since SAF retired. Completely lost as to what is happening and why.
I don’t understand why people don’t get that ole is the manager, he has to publicly save face/ be positive, support the players. It’s part and parcel of being a manager. Be positive in public, defend yourself/team/players

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He wanted to say we couldn't score because the attack is shit
Tbf he also pointed out that we shouldn't have conceded that goal either, so I'd say he thinks we're just shit generally. Which is fair enough really.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Couldn’t help but laugh when I watched his struggle in that interview. He was so dejected. His determination to not call us and our attack absolute shit was telling.

The absurd thing is, we could be a lot worse... we really could and that’s scary. Up until now the team has actually been putting effort into collective pressing and actually doing pretty well at minimizing chances for them.

If that motivation evaporates..............