De Gea Interview

Oldyella

Big of him to come out and give an interview.

Feel for him. And Maguire. And James.

That's about it.
AWB too, the three guys coming in must be wondering what they have let themselves in for.

Eric7C

Deserves a medal for his honesty. Breath of fresh air compared to the usual "we need to improve" BS we hear every week. Can't believe some are criticizing him for this interview.
Doesn't fit into their 'it's fine' narrative.

That interview is an inside look into the chaos behind the scenes.

SinSeven

I believe the players are trying their hardest, but sadly at least half of the players we saw today aren't good enough.
Not good enough to beat newcastle? Come on!
Ole and his "gameplans" are the problem, he is totally clueless and a wannabe SAF without any personallity...

fps

Look how angry he is.
He knows exactly what's wrong, he was biting his tongue wasn't he, and he is livid with the terrible attack, he also mentioned "the whole system" as if he's fed up with seeing good players leave (He must have got on with Herrera I'd imagine too) and no-one replacing them. But the goal from Utd's own corner he mentioned, for instance, he's fed up with the attack being rubbish, probably fed up with Rashy and the rest of it.

Correction, whole "season" not system.

Utdstar01

In the very end of the interview he said "the whole system is... is not good". He must have wanted to say "the whole system is shit", apparently
I think he says "the whole season is not good".

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Why did he sign if he knew we were in such a mess? :(
He was obviously promised things and given a big fat wage.
Same for Pogba, there were rumours coming up this summer about how he's unhappy that the club isn't recruiting the right players despite promises that they would.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Made a huge mistake signing with us. Juventus would have taken him on a free and he'd have recaptured his form with them.

Or even PSG too. He'd be playing in a tin pot league but he'd be winning and playing with top players.

Can't believe he's chosen to stay with us for a bit more money. He should be competing for trophies not involved in a relegation scrap.

pacifictheme

That interview's quite damning from Solskjaer's perspective, when one of your senior and best players is openly wondering what the feck's going on then you're in trouble.
Yeah for me his position is pretty much untenable now.

fps

Made a huge mistake signing with us. Juventus would have taken him on a free and he'd have recaptured his form with them.

Or even PSG too. He'd be playing in a tin pot league but he'd be winning and playing with top players.

Can't believe he's chosen to stay with us for a bit more money. He should be competing for trophies not involved in a relegation scrap.
Can you honestly not believe he's also staying due to loyalty to the club he's been with such a long time and a desire to turn it around? He knows his worth, but come on.

Fridge chutney

"Our players aren't good enough. Our manager isn't good enough. What's happening behind the scenes isn't good enough. There's a rot at the club that has seen us go from champions to two points off the relegation zone in the space of a few years, a rot which we individual players have little control over. It's a long way back even if we start doing things properly and I see little sign that we will start doing things properly. If it wasn't for that fecking fax machine I would have three CL medals, instead I'm wasting my career here in this bleak trophyless abyss. I hate you all but more than that, I hate myself."

At a guess.
The last bit is just hyperbole. He didn't have to sign a fat new contract, but he did. And that was just a couple of weeks ago. We're paying him more than he would get elsewhere and his "sacrifice" is trophies.

Suv666

I wonder whether this interview is a sign that OGS won’t make it to Liverpool. OGS saying one thing and one of the senior players saying another. They’d be singing off the same hymn sheet otherwise.
Yeah, this. Sounded like the beginning of the end for Ole's time. Maybe not this week but its coming soon.

Fridge chutney

DDG said what fans needed to hear. Sadly it's refreshing to hear that the shower of shite we've been watching is simply unacceptable.

432JuanMata

The last bit is just hyperbole. He didn't have to sign a fat new contract, but he did. And that was just a couple of weeks ago. We're paying him more than he would get elsewhere and his "sacrifice" is trophies.
While we are paying him more he still would of got 200,000+ elsewhere and he has millions, look how upset he is, he obviously loves the club but doesn’t see us going anywhere during his playing career

fps

Yeah, this. Sounded like the beginning of the end for Ole's time. Maybe not this week but its coming soon.
DeGea is seeing, with the failure to qualify for CL, not only this season but next season going up in smoke all around him, it must be so frustrating that the attack can't buy a goal. A good attack would also reduce the pressure on the defence, which is looking fine tbh, but exposed by the poverty in front of it.

fps

Refreshing, love the honesty.
Beats the "we go again" bullshit players come up with.
He sounded like he was repeating those things almost in disgust at that being the thing which he's being told constantly.

redshaw

"I am a world class keeper. Im forced to watch a bunch of Championship standard English and home growns fart about passing sideways and backwards. Is this a philosophy for winning football matches or just winning soundbites?"

Thats what his eyes are saying.
There's also Mata (Spain), Pereira (Brazil), Dalot (Portugal), Rojo (Argentina) Fred(Brazil) shitting it up today and usually Lindelof (Denmark) Matic (Serbia), Pogba (France), Martial (France) Bailly (Ivory Coast) shitting it up on the regular.

Funny thing is we saw some British midfielders playing well out there for Newcastle while Fred the Brazilian was taking the biggest dump at St James park this afternoon.

fps

While we are paying him more he still would of got 200,000+ elsewhere and he has millions, look how upset he is, he obviously loves the club but doesn’t see us going anywhere during his playing career
Very much so. Luckily he's still young for a keeper and has time on his side. Pogba, 27 this year, I don't blame him for moving himself on in the summer.

Suv666

Look how angry he is.
Good on him. If we had players like Giggs and Scholes playing right now and we were this shite they'd react in a similar manner. At least he gives a feck.

Classical Mechanic

He’d get a big signing on fee if he left on a free too but it’s obvious that he genuinely loves the club.

Eric7C

:rolleyes:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can you honestly not believe he's also staying due to loyalty to the club he's been with such a long time and a desire to turn it around? He knows his worth, but come on.
He might be but he's a fool if so. He should have never signed that deal. The club is going nowhere. He's basically written off the last good years of his playing days really. By the time the contract ends he won't be anyone's first choice.

Fridge chutney

I understand that. But for perspective, he signed a contract just 2 or 3 weeks ago! He knew what he was signing up for, he's not serving some prison sentence so I'll save my sympathy.

The good news is that he's gutted, because I genuinely believe he loves the club.

AFC NimbleThumb

Good on him. If we had players like Giggs and Scholes playing right now and we were this shite they'd react in a similar manner. At least he gives a feck.
If we had players like Giggs & Scholes we wouldn’t be staving off ‘8 game in’ relegation but your point is very valid.

It’s good to have a player who actually shows he cares.

Foxbatt

How did we concede from our own corner? I didn't see the game.

432JuanMata

There's also Mata (Spain), Pereira (Brazil), Dalot (Portugal), Rojo (Argentina) Fred(Brazil) shitting it up today and usually Lindelof (Denmark) Matic (Serbia), Pogba (France), Martial (France) Bailly (Ivory Coast) shitting it up on the regular.

Funny thing is we saw some British midfielders playing well out there for Newcastle while Fred the Brazilian was taking the biggest dump at St James park this afternoon.
Some of our English players are crap/overrated but Maguire and AWB have been our better players, Fred was abysmal

Crashoutcassius

Good interview but interesting that fans really think Ole should come out and shake his head and say he doesn't know what is going on and it is so difficult.

Probably not people that hold important jobs

laughtersassassin

Glad he said this is the worst it's been cause it is.

Woody has led the club down this path and makes the wrong decision time after time.

Al-T

A disturbing glimpse into what is happening behind the scenes at this club. And it's not pretty.

The worst time he can remember at the club and his body language suggests that those who should be sorting it out are clueless and don't, in fact, know their cock from a pole in the ground.

Denis79

Glad he said this is the worst it's been cause it is.

Woody has led the club down this path and makes the wrong decision time after time.
I agree, an honest interview. I used to like Ole's interviews but lately he's just pissing me off. Even today when he apologized for the poor results he added a but. Last interview our away form wasn't an issue, today he confirms the problem. Loads of bullshit in his interviews lately.

JK-27

When he is also asked to go up and play as a striker to try and get us 1 point against a Newcastle side likely to be relegated, you know we've got problems.

Ancient Of Days

Good interview but interesting that fans really think Ole should come out and shake his head and say he doesn't know what is going on and it is so difficult.

Probably not people that hold important jobs
:lol:

Isn't that what Moyes more or less did when he said after the Stoke defeat

''I don't know what we have to do to win''

Speaking of Moyes this is what he had to say on Ole before the game today

“The boy Solskjaer is drowning,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “It’s well documented that I’m shite at managing football clubs, and I see a lot of myself in Ole. Physically, I look like Ole might if he’d taken a wee peak into the ark from Indiana Jones, and on the coaching side we have that same wee lack of everything you need to succeed at this level.”

“I recognise that look of terror in Ole’s eyes,” said the Scot. “During my time I’d spend half an hour each morning staring in the mirror, smacking my own face, telling myself that the players knew I was an imposter. Most of them later confirmed they did think that, so it wasn’t all in my head, to be fair.”

“The lad’s drawing games now,” added Moyes. “If he follows the same pattern as me, those draws will soon become losses and his wife will have to wrestle a toaster out of his hands on his way into the bath. I thank God every day that Pamela was able to overpower me and beat me unconscious with that toaster. But as I say, these things happen in football.”

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
A disturbing glimpse into what is happening behind the scenes at this club. And it's not pretty.

The worst time he can remember at the club and his body language suggests that those who should be sorting it out are clueless and don't, in fact, know their cock from a pole in the ground.
is that a phrase? I don’t think that’s a phrase

0le

At least to me, his sadness and anger felt genuine. I have rarely see an interviews where a player looks so shocked.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Two observations:

1) He is insanely dumb with no awareness to seeing us being established as complete mediocrity in the next year when he signed his contract.
2) He is more money greedy than we ever thought. He's not dumb and he could see this coming but valued money over mental well being

Either way. Bizzare. He had an out.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
WOW :eek:

I never knew he cared so deeply. It looks like now he's got his contract situation sorted, knows he's made his bed and now has to lie in it, that the sporting side is his no.1 focus. As it should be obviously. However I am shocked at the level of emotion he exhibited. That interview is as real a glimpse into the inner state of this club as you'll ever see.

We are lucky to have seen that, because usually that risk would be mitigated. We may not see David on media duties for a while.

He misunderstood the question about looking up the pitch and wondering where the next goal is coming from. In one way it stopped him criticising the attacking players, but on the other hand it led to him slating the team for conceding from a corner.

Interview gold for the journalist. Shame he didn't keep him there longer, but I think as it is that it is astounding enough.
This is pretty much exactly how I view it too.

Can't imagine Ole will be happy with David after that.