De Gea Interview

Deery

Dreary
It's a comment on the team. And he's right its not acceptable to not score.

I'm a stat guy. Manchester United shoots almost more than any other team in the Premier League, currently we've launched the 5th most shots in the direction of the goal. We have BY FAR the least to show for it. Our forwards have completely dropped the ball and its hurting us bigtime. Many many points bigtime, considering how close all of our games are.

A lot of people are saying that DDG is flaming Ole in public, and I guess you can see it that way if you hate Ole and want him gone. Confirmation bias and all that.

DDG is perhaps the Manchester United player outside of Pogba who has the most reason to be loyal to Ole. When the storm was the harshest around DDG last season when he cost us games and ultimately the CL spot at the end of the season, Ole stood in a crowded room with journalists and made sure that everyone remembered that he is the one that got them in that position in the first place, and that his faith in the goaltender was unshakable.

He had to defend him a lot last season when it was ramping up. After the 1-1 draw against Chelsea, where DDG again let in a rookie goal, Ole had this to say:

Solskjaer also told Sky Sports: "There's no chance that anyone can blame him for losing many points for us. He's been unbelievable. Yes, today he knows he could have had that shot, but that's football again.

Mind you, this was after he fumbled goals against Manchester City, Barcelona AND Everton, and that was just the most recent. The calls for dropping DDG were real, but he had his back.

When your boss has your back and goes out of his way to defend you, that does a lot to your perception of the man.

De Gea might be very unhappy with the results, there is not a single person in the club who isn't, but he's still Ole's man.
Yeah, but surely any manager would come out and defend DeGea in those situations I don’t think DeGea would have to have any unbreakable loyalty towards him for it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah, but surely any manager would come out and defend DeGea in those situations I don’t think DeGea would have to have any unbreakable loyalty towards him for it.
Would Mourinho? Our last manager took every chance he had at taking shots at Shaw.

The loyalty is not unbreakable, no amount of loyalty is, but it certainly lasts longer than 8 games into a new season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wasn't it just last week DDG said he would "fight to the death" for Solskjaer? I'd imagine his disgust is more likely to be directed at his team mates and and the people behind the scenes who got the club into this mess (as opposed to Ole, who has just failed to make things better).

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wasn't it just last week DDG said he would "fight to the death" for Solskjaer? I'd imagine his disgust is more likely to be directed at his team mates and and the people behind the scenes who got the club into this mess (as opposed to Ole, who has just failed to make things better).
Possibly. The players will know the club is not being run how it should and he could have been having a dig at players who he does not think are either not good enough or not pulling their weight. DDG is a good professional, he may feel some get too distracted by outside forces.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think more than anything he was furious with the players. The lines about not being able to score and conceding from our own corner were damming, and completely correct and telling the outfield players their performances aren't good enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Look how angry he is.
Bloody hell. The dressing room must be in shambles if one of our most experienced players is that dejected and bewildered at our predicament. We really need to make changes.

sugar_kane

But but but De Gea don't you understand

''it's a process''

''Rebuild ''

we're getting there''

'ups and downs''

''Fine Margins''

''if you only go out on sunny days you don't get to your destination''

''Local Lads''

''This is Manchester United''
“ignore poster”

Web of Bissaka

Wonder if this is small part of the reason why DDG fall down allegedly from the pecking order of captaincy. Maguire is 2nd choice sort of after Young.

Iirc didn't Ole said DDG kind-of the 2nd choice or something during preseason

M16Red

Wonder if this is small part of the reason why DDG fall down allegedly from the pecking order of captaincy. Maguire is 2nd choice sort of after Young.

We bought Maguire for the captain role in my opinion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

de Gea has no leadership qualities at all tbh. He’s a fantastic player but very timid and quiet on the pitch, he doesn’t seem the type to fire people up. Maguire has those qualities.