De Gea Not Happy With Contract Offer

C3Pique

I predicted this would happen in the DDG contract thread. He's right not to tie himself to the club at the moment if he wants to win the biggest trophies, and his value on the open market as a free agent will be huge. I can see PSG paying him 350k per week after Buffon retires.

Sad as it is as a fan this is what happens when the club doesn't show ambition in the transfer market. The world class players we have won't hang around satisfied with top 4, they want to win the biggest trophies. They know we aren't winning anything as is.

Kapardin

It's Castles...

Also, even if it is true, the standard practice is to start negotiations at the lowest level and bump it up if he is dissatisfied. If he, by some stroke of luck, accepts say 250K rather than the 300K he deserves, it is simply good for business.

However if Dave is well aware of what he wants, no doubt we will up the offer. Woodward is not keen to even let Martial leave when his agent and the manager want him to, so who thinks he will let De Gea leave due to salary issues?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Not everything that is reported is made up.
Well over 90% of it is. Journalists have to fill their column inches come what may. Simplest rough guide is that if there's no named quotes it's made up.

As for this particular story, it's bleeding obvious his agent will ask for more money than is being offered, that doesn't mean they won't come to a deal in the end. It's a non-story whilst they're still talking.

CallyRed

PSG might be an option. Or Atletico, likely lower wages, but at home and at a stronger team.
Straight swap with Oblak?

You watch this will now be a transfer rumour in the Daily Star tomorrow

TheReligion

Abusive
I predicted this would happen in the DDG contract thread. He's right not to tie himself to the club at the moment if he wants to win the biggest trophies, and his value on the open market as a free agent will be huge. I can see PSG paying him 350k per week after Buffon retires.

Sad as it is as a fan this is what happens when the club doesn't show ambition in the transfer market. The world class players we have won't hang around satisfied with top 4, they want to win the biggest trophies. They know we aren't winning anything as is.
I think the player is happy here. He's said so much himself. He rightly deserves a pay rise though and the club shouldn't begrudge him.

spiriticon

Took 22 posts for someone to lay the blame for this at Mourinho's door.

Getting better.

The post rate, not the actual posts or posters.
The press reporting whatever shite they want is absolutely his fault. His poor press management meant that this will be a running theme all year.

He fed the trolls, and now we pay for it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Cue a bombardment of Tweets linking DDG to Real.

Just give the guy the key to the City and be done with it.

Greck

That Sanchez contract set a godawful precedent. Even Pogba will soon demand similar wages.

Morpheus 7

@ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg it's not overreacting, I'm sure he will eventually sign. The contract situation with many players are awful now hence Fellaini running his out. Mata and others down to the last year. The policy on renewals are awful, nearly as awful as you quoting everyone in here. Don't be quoting me with your shit posts because you don't agree.

Cloud7

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a document with our players wages that was leaked in the season when Zlatan was here, and it showed that Pogba was paid a lot less than everyone thought he was, and that his wage wasn’t actually thay exorbitent at all? (relative to footballers wages of course)

Now on the other hand, I agree that big Dave deserves to be on parity with whoever our highest paid player is. Currently that would be Sánchez, so DDG is well within his rights to hold out for an equivalent contract.

The Sanchez deal biting us yet again. I wonder if we’ll ever reach a point where we see some net positives from his signing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Mourinho is a witch, He curses everything He touches.
Nope.

It's fecking Woodward again, this kind of info should be kept inside. Hasn't He learned anything? If He told De Gea not to make anything public and willing to negotiate I doubt this would come out. But then again it could be Baldy and his wild fantasy and not the truth.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We're such a well run football club.

Far more entertaining than anything served up on the pitch.

CA1

We need Woodward out now, I'll keep saying this, don't care how many people it bores.

I think De Gea will leave in the current set up. Juventus/PSG will soon be looking for goalkeepers.

spiriticon

Sorry guys, its on Mourinho. He opened his gob and it just been ridiculous since.

Not that I believe most of what has been reported (especially this article on De Gea), but the way they are using negativity to feed more negativity stems from those pre-season pressers.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
To be fair, this is an easy story to make... It's been reported that De Gea would sign a contract sooner rather than later. It's not happened as of yet.
Couple that with:
- Poor start to the season
- Lack of transfer activity
- Negativity in pre-season
- Pogba trouble/unhappiness

It's very easy to make a story saying "De Gea isn't happy with the contract offer and demands a bigger contract offer". I'm pretty sure that if Mourinho hadn't have said he'll sign a new deal soon, this story wouldn't have made the light of day. Journo's can see fans are getting annoyed/upset with the club and are pumping out anything to get them views/clicks/sales. This may be genuine news, but i'm not getting sucked in at the moment

CA1

Sorry guys, its on Mourinho. He opened his gob and it just been ridiculous since.

Not that I believe most of what has been reported (especially this article on De Gea), but the way they are using negativity to feed more negativity stems from those pre-season pressers.
Mourinho is calling out Woodward's incompetence.

Long may it continue.

The proof is there that our fans (well some) need it spelt out to them about what a cancer Ed Woodward is.

Greck

How are anti-woodward/anti-mourinho narratives getting dragged into De gea contract negotiations?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He can be hit and miss but isn't he usually a mouthpiece for JM?
He is, so there's a good chance this article was put out to make Woodward look bad. (For the record, I'm pro-Mourinho and a Woodward skeptic)

AlwaysRed66

As others have said, a lot of this is due to us signing Sanchez on ridiculous wages/bonuses. I never thought he was worth it, & people on these boards kept saying we are Man Utd & can easily afford the contract. Without thinking of the consequences down the line. If Sanchez had actually come in & delivered world class performances week after week, there may have been a case for paying these obscene amounts, but as he has been average at best all it has done is caused division. You do not need the press to tell you that.

@ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg it's not overreacting, I'm sure he will eventually sign. The contract situation with many players are awful now hence Fellaini running his out. Mata and others down to the last year. The policy on renewals are awful, nearly as awful as you quoting everyone in here. Don't be quoting me with your shit posts because you don't agree.
I can quote you all I like. Especially when your throwing a hissy fit.

That’s how forums work, you don’t agree m/ or want to highlight something, you quite, and you post your point.

DDG has two years left on his contract, no need for people to start throwing their toys out of their pram when they read a story about him wanting more money.

spiriticon

Mourinho is calling out Woodward's incompetence.

Long may it continue.

The proof is there that our fans (well some) need it spelt out to them about what a cancer Ed Woodward is.
He can call Woodward whatever the hell he wants behind the scenes. Doing it in public just leads to a season long struggle of 'Is Pogba/Woodward happy?', Is Mourinho's job safe?' or 'Mourinho has bust up with tea-lady and she refuses to renew her contract'

I just wanna read about the football. Argh.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
He's quite entitled to call you out for saying you 'hope Mendez rinses United'. If you keep posting stuff at that level you'll keep getting quoted.

CA1

He can call Woodward whatever the hell he wants behind the scenes. Doing it in public just leads to a season long struggle of 'Is Pogba/Woodward happy?', Is Mourinho's job safe?' or 'Mourinho has bust up with tea-lady and she refuses to renew her contract'

I just wanna read about the football. Argh.
I really have no desire to see Woodward's feck up's swept under the carpet. We've had 5 years of that.

The time for change is now. The reports of fans mobilising against Woodward are true and hopefully we'll keep the pressure on him for as long as needed.

He is an enemy to Manchester United and its future footballing success. And the fans are waking up.

This is what I've been saying, and everyone was telling me it was done. I asked the question ages ago, why hasn't Wodward sorted this out yet? This should have been done the end of last season!

I'm sure people will say this isn't Woodard's fault either :rolleyes:

JMack1234

De Gea is our most important player and we should pay him as such.

spiriticon

This is what I've been saying, and everyone was telling me it was done. I asked the question ages ago, why hasn't Wodward sorted this out yet? This should have been done the end of last season!

I'm sure people will say this isn't Woodard's fault either :rolleyes:
My way of coping right now is to simply not to believe anything, positive or negative, that comes out of the press.

BBC and the official website is the only way to go.