De Gea Not Happy With Contract Offer

My way of coping right now is to simply not believe anything, positive or negative, that comes out of the press.

BBC and the official website is the only way to go.
There's obviously some truth to it as a new deal still hasn't been signed yet

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Let's not overreact, I'm sure it will be sorted out. Castles stirring shit. Plus Mendes = Jose and Dave's agent. Just putting on some pressure.

Have to say, I wish Sanchez had never come here. A really bad precedent set with his wages. Why the feck we started that with a non world class player is beyond my comprehension.

In any case, I'm sure De Gea will get what he wants. Be nice if he also recognised that as great as he is, there's still room for improvement.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The usual lot will eat this up. It's negotiation. Show me a club where this doesn't happen. Naturally it's because we are a "mess" though.

Greck

Because he's the one that deals with contract negotiations
Keyword being negotiations, during which both parties go back and forth on an amount before settling on one. This is nothing out of the ordinary. The big issue here is everyone now wanting a sanchez contract

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There's obviously some truth to it as a new deal still hasn't been signed yet
The season has barely begun. If there's no new contract signed in December/January then sure, be worried. Window closed not long ago and from what Martial's agent said about his own negotiations, they were halted during the winter transfer window. Summer window closed a couple of weeks ago.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Mourinho is a witch, He curses everything He touches.
Nope.

It's fecking Woodward again, this kind of info should be kept inside. Hasn't He learned anything? If He told De Gea not to make anything public and willing to negotiate I doubt this would come out. But then again it could be Baldy and his wild fantasy and not the truth.
Yeah it's Woodward... Because we don't see this every transfer window with other clubs, do we? We don't see innumerable players linked with us to negotiate a bumper deal.

Greck

Let's not overreact, I'm sure it will be sorted out. Castles stirring shit. Plus Mendes = Jose and Dave's agent. Just putting on some pressure.

Have to say, I wish Sanchez had never come here. A really bad precedent set with his wages. Why the feck we started that with a non world class player is beyond my comprehension.

In any case, I'm sure De Gea will get what he wants. Be nice if he also recognised that as great as he is, there's still room for improvement.
The 2 panic contracts we gave out in January are looking to end up as huge regrets. Will in hindsight end up as a historically bad month for the club's business.

CA1

The season has barely begun. If there's no new contract signed in December/January then sure, be worried.
What has the season got to do with anything?

He's our best player and his current contract is nearly up. You renew contracts at any time.

Woodward will piss about on it, it only takes Juventus/PSG or someone to say to Mendes they'll take him for a knock down fee this coming summer or for free the following summer. De Gea has had the patience of a saint this last 5 years, it must be close to being worn down.

I think De Gea will leave now, I think if we'd put the offer on the table in the summer after the World Cup he'd have signed. Now he's seen the state of the club has got even worse under Woodward, he sees no positive future for the team on the pitch (he likes Mourinho too, he won't be excited at all by a Pochettino or a Zidane)

Good luck to him if he goes, I wouldn't have a bad word to say about him if he let the contract go down.

The only way he stays is if we make positive changes to improve the clubs chances of on field success in the near future. And that comes back to hounding Woodward out.

Member 5225

Sanchez has really fecked everything up for us (wages-wise) hasn’t he :lol:

Keyword being negotiations, during which both parties go back and forth on an amount before settling on one. This is nothing out of the ordinary. The big issue here is everyone now wanting a sanchez contract
True, but we all know what he's worth so why waste time in trying to short change him? He's worth whatever Sanchez is on tbh.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The 2 panic contracts we gave out in January are looking to end up as huge regrets. Will in hindsight end up as a historically bad month for the club's business.
Indeed. Think Ed now realises this. Have a feeling we won't see those mistakes again.
Terrible decisions though, Sanchez especially for me.

Greck

True, but we all know what he's worth so why waste time in trying to short change him? He's worth whatever Sanchez is on tbh.
No one except Messi is worth what Sanchez is reportedly on. 350k plus 75k per game plus 1m signing bonus.

Morpheus 7

I can quote you all I like. Especially when your throwing a hissy fit.

That’s how forums work, you don’t agree m/ or want to highlight something, you quite, and you post your point.

DDG has two years left on his contract, no need for people to start throwing their toys out of their pram when they read a story about him wanting more money.
Thanks for sharing how the forum works. Does throwing your toys out of the pram include quoting 5 people in the same post going of on one. How you choose to interpret my post is up to you, De Gea's clearly got a lower offer because of Real getting a new keeper in. I hope he gets whatever he wants, he's been here long enough and deserves it. The Glazers have been rinsing the club long enough, our best player should be getting top wages. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, I just think your post's are crap and condescending. Continue to quote me all you want, I'll be calling you out every time if you aren't sticking to the point.

Damien

Staff
What has the season got to do with anything?

He's our best player and his current contract is nearly up. You renew contracts at any time.

Woodward will piss about on it, it only takes Juventus/PSG or someone to say to Mendes they'll take him for a knock down fee this coming summer or for free the following summer. De Gea has had the patience of a saint this last 5 years, it must be close to being worn down.

I think De Gea will leave now, I think if we'd put the offer on the table in the summer after the World Cup he'd have signed. Now he's seen the state of the club has got even worse under Woodward, he sees no positive future for the team on the pitch (he likes Mourinho too, he won't be excited at all by a Pochettino or a Zidane)

Good luck to him if he goes, I wouldn't have a bad word to say about him if he let the contract go down.

The only way he stays is if we make positive changes to improve the clubs chances of on field success in the near future. And that comes back to hounding Woodward out.
Stop being a drama queen. "What has the season got to do with anything?" - read my post. I said Martial's contract discussions were held in December then were stopped until March. Contracts can be agreed at any time but from all reports discussions weren't going to start until this season began anyway. If a new contract hasn't been agreed by January then sure, worry then but discussions would have barely been going for a month.

We've got no idea what De Gea has been offered other than a flimsy report from Castles. Prior to this all the discussion was about De Gea being made the best paid keeper in the world. This is just standard contract renewal paper fluff.

Look at City and Raheem Sterling. Their discussions began in May and a new contract hasn't been agreed there. Are they in crisis too?

This meltdown by everyone over everything is ridiculous.

MrBest

If u match de gea to sanchez then pogba will want the same. Let's say lukaku plays well this season then he will want parity. Never ending circle that was created by giving into Sanchez demands. If we can afford it then do it, if not then we must be prepared to lose some players. 500k per week is ridiculous for a player who is still yet to convince the fans he is worth it. De gea fully deserves to be the best paid players. Genuinely wins us the most points and is the best GK in the world.

Kapardin

That's not how business works. We had to convince Sanchez to join us over City and so we immediately offered him top dollar. Now, Madrid are not after de Gea, he's settled here and still has 2 years left....this doesn't mean we won't offer him the highest possible wages, but we can first test the waters with lesser offers to see if he accepts. If he doesn't, we will offer him what he wants.

While this may seem as a poor price for his performances to fans, it is simply how modern cut throat business works. Hunting for a bargain is the foundation of every deal.

CA1

Stop being a drama queen. "What has the season got to do with anything?" - read my post. I said Martial's contract discussions were held in December then were stopped until March. Contracts can be agreed at any time but from all reports discussions weren't going to start until this season began anyway. If a new contract hasn't been agreed by January then sure, worry then but discussions would have barely been going for a month.

We've got no idea what De Gea has been offered other than a flimsy report from Castles. Prior to this all the discussion was about De Gea being made the best paid keeper in the world. This is just standard contract renewal paper fluff.

Look at City and Raheem Sterling. Their discussions began in May and a new contract hasn't been agreed there. Are they in crisis too?
Castles is Mendes' mouthpiece.

Mendes is De Gea's agent.

It's not a flimsy report just because you want it to be.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Thanks for sharing how the forum works. Does throwing your toys out of the pram include quoting 5 people in the same post going of on one. How you choose to interpret my post is up to you, De Gea's clearly got a lower offer because of Real getting a new keeper in. I hope he gets whatever he wants, he's been here long enough and deserves it. The Glazers have been rinsing the club long enough, our best player should be getting top wages. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, I just think your post's are crap and condescending. Continue to quote me all you want, I'll be calling you out every time if you aren't sticking to the point.
Oh please, that's a ridiculous suggestion.

Contract negotiations are an ongoing process that can last an entire season or more. DDG still has years left on his current contract, United are in no immediate rush to get it finalised.

Damien

Staff
Castles is Mendes' mouthpiece.

Mendes is De Gea's agent.

It's not a flimsy report just because you want it to be.
That gets said every window but how many Mendes scoops has Castles had the past few years? I just don't think that statement holds anymore.

Like I said, I'd be more concerned if Adam Crafton reported it as he has a greater connection to De Gea (got the scoop about us signing his coach from Atletico, various interviews etc).

No one except Messi is worth what Sanchez is reportedly on. 350k plus 75k per game plus 1m signing bonus.
Messi is on over £500k a week - so De Gea wanting £300k is adequate, he's been the best keeper in the league for the past 5 years, and has been our player of the season numerous times.

CA1

That gets said every window but how many Mendes scoops has Castles had the past few years? I just don't think that statement holds anymore.

Like I said, I'd be more concerned if Adam Crafton reported it as he has a greater connection to De Gea (got the scoop about us signing his coach from Atletico, various interviews etc).
It's down to opinions what we think will happen.

I personally do believe De Gea will leave to Juventus or PSG or somebody like that in the next year. He's been such a great servant during tough times and the tough times will only be getting worse under Woodward and the owners so I don't blame him at all. Mourinho is close to him too, so a change of manager which the club is trying to engineer will only make matters worse.

I'd leave if I was him and I'm a fan! No way if I was as good as him I'd want to play under these owners and Woodward driving us into the ground.

R.E.D.

Mourinho is a witch, He curses everything He touches.
Nope.

It's fecking Woodward again, this kind of info should be kept inside. Hasn't He learned anything? If He told De Gea not to make anything public and willing to negotiate I doubt this would come out. But then again it could be Baldy and his wild fantasy and not the truth.
Yeah, I'm sure he told De Gea go out and make it public mate. It's alright we need more drama around us.

What is wrong with you people? This is a thing that you might be familiar with, it's called negotiations. The club will do everything to pay less and the player and his agent will do everything to get more. Messi and Ronaldo put the word that they are not happy and this kind of stuff every time they are signing a new contract. It's a normal thing, get over yourselves.

Greck

Messi is on over £500k a week - so De Gea wanting £300k is adequate, he's been the best keeper in the league for the past 5 years, and has been our player of the season numerous times.
I'd say De gea on even 350k is a bargain. Btw the Sanchez contract reported was 390k+75k per match meaning he receives near Messi level pay package. We cant confirm for sure but hat's the kind of contract we should make sure to never give out again. Pogba will soon ask for the Sanchez package and every half decent player will follow

Morpheus 7

Oh please, that's a ridiculous suggestion.

Contract negotiations are an ongoing process that can last an entire season or more. DDG still has years left on his current contract, United are in no immediate rush to get it finalised.
Maybe, no rush to get it done. Been in talks for a while now. You would think with Real searching for a new keeper, it would have have given De Gea's camp a chance to get what they wanted. Seems odd from the media and Jose himself that it was a forgone conclusion until this. Ed and the Glazers have been a joke on renewals as I said. This should have been very straightforward.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Messi‘s wages are after tax. Bless him!

Damien

Staff
It's down to opinions what we think will happen.

I personally do believe De Gea will leave to Juventus or PSG or somebody like that in the next year. He's been such a great servant during tough times and the tough times will only be getting worse under Woodward and the owners so I don't blame him at all. Mourinho is close to him too, so a change of manager which the club is trying to engineer will only make matters worse.

I'd leave if I was him and I'm a fan! No way if I was as good as him I'd want to play under these owners and Woodward driving us into the ground.
Can't see Juventus paying what we'd want for a keeper. PSG might be possible. Managerial changes happen all the time. Doubt De Gea's relationship with Mourinho is that tightly knit that he'd leave just because we might change manager. If we change manager that will be because we're under performing on the field so you think De Gea would stay if we were in a bad state on the field, kept Mourinho and finished outside the top 6?

I doubt we'll do so badly this season. Everyone's seeing the worst.

Treble

De Gea would be daft not to want huge money. If you can pay stupid money to Sanchez, you should pay such money to your most influential player. Sanchez hasn't done 1/10 of what DDG has for this club.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think it's hard to argue that he isn't our best player, so, for once I can understand a refusal of what is likely a mammoth deal. He is absolutely correct in that he should be the highest paid player at the club, as PSG, Juventus, or maybe Barcelona would probably pay him more to go there and he'd have a better chance at European glory and domestic success at the moment. I do think we're a bit lucky though that Real Madrid looked elsewhere, Bayern have Neuer, Barcelona have a keeper that suits them and while there's the likelihood of more trophies, I'm not convinced PSG or Juventus are that much of an upgrade on us? He will obviously sign a deal when the offer is improved.

90% of business deals are not agreed upon with the first offer. It's always low-balled to see what they can get away with, at least to some degree. This is just obviously major news and blown out of proportion because it's Manchester United. Nothing new here, deal signed next month.
We’ve probably offered him around £250k a week and due to what we are paying others he’s wanting >£350k a week.

I don’t think there is a side in the world that would pay more than what we are offering him if a transfer fee is involved, but if he were to run his contract down and leave on a free...:nervous:

He should get parity with our highest earners and if we aren’t offering that then I can understand his refusal.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I blame Sanchez signing.

It fecks up everything and unsettle top players at the club, really.
When someone who earns 350k a week but play like a headless chicken and did feck all in 8 months, it really unsettles thing.

MuFc_1992

I'd say De gea on even 350k is a bargain. Btw the Sanchez contract reported was 390k+75k per match meaning he receives near Messi level pay package. We cant confirm for sure but hat's the kind of contract we should make sure to never give out again. Pogba will soon ask for the Sanchez package and every half decent player will follow
You have to consider that Sanchez was in a position where he could've waited for 6 months and asked for almost 40 million plus in signing on fees because the club signing him would've got 60 million plus player on a free. We only agreed to the wages considering those factors and the fact that Sanchez wouldn't have picked us in the summer if we let his contract run out. We basically gave up Miki to sign sanchez 6 month early on the same package he'd have demanded if he went on free.

CA1

Can't see Juventus paying what we'd want for a keeper. PSG might be possible. Managerial changes happen all the time. Doubt De Gea's relationship with Mourinho is that tightly knit that he'd leave just because we might change manager. If we change manager that will be because we're under performing on the field so you think De Gea would stay if we were in a bad state on the field, kept Mourinho and finished outside the top 6?

I doubt we'll do so badly this season. Everyone's seeing the worst.
If he doesnt' sign this season we'll have to accept a bid next summer if we want any ££.Juventus would hold all the cards, we won't be able to dictate what we want.

Hence people are rightly concerned about this story.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Noticeable lack of figures in that article. Has there been any mention of what he's been offered and what he wants?

Johan07

If those figures you quoted are correct, we actually made a great deal on Sanchez. 350k a week and just 1m signing bonus equals a total cost over five years of around 80m just for the salary. And then add 1m as the "signing bonus". Thats under 100m in total cost over five years for a worldclass player (even if he hasnt shown it yet). That said I dont believe for one second that Sanchez sign on fee was just 1m. If so his agent sucks at his job.

This is OT since this thread is about De Geas contract situation though. What I am arguing is that people should get off this narrative of the actual weekly salary being of the importance that its being made out to be. For the club and the player its the total cost/reimbursement over the term of the contract that is important. How this is structured in weekly wages/sign on fees/playing bonuses is not that important. Every player´s situation is different. Does anyone actually believe that Fellaini signed a new deal for around 180k (or whatever has been "reported") a week without a significant sign on fee? I don´t.

It's true - tbh I think we should give De Gea and Pogba healthy new deals then set out a new wage structure. Maybe similar to Spurs make it so its more incentive based on performances etc.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It’s nit embarrassing as all - it’s oerfectly normal, it’s negotiation.

Too many fans are a joke to be honest. Jumping on everything and making it into such a drama. Get over yourself - you hope he and Mendez ‘rinse’ the club - that’s pathetic, grow up.

No - it’s called negotiation. He’s got effectively 2 years left on his contract, just calm down.

No - this is perfectly normal, won’t bother the club one bit. It will get done.

Correct - but that’s the way it’s always been, media is full of BS - some of it’s true, some is not. Unfortunately far too many fans believe anything that’s written or printed, and then escalate it to a crisis in their heads.
Are you a spokesperson for the club or something? We’re just expressing our concern on an Internet forum. The club seems to be incapable of doing proper business lately.