De Gea Not Happy With Contract Offer

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Noticeable lack of figures in that article. Has there been any mention of what he's been offered and what he wants?
With Castles apparently being a Mendes mouthpiece, you'd think he would have known the figures. Odd, eh?

If he doesnt' sign this season we'll have to accept a bid next summer if we want any ££.Juventus would hold all the cards, we won't be able to dictate what we want.

Hence people are rightly concerned about this story.
In worst case we'd still be looking for 50M, then. Juve have made an exception to their wage structure with Ronaldo, would they do the same by giving De Gea £300k+/week wages?

Thanks for sharing how the forum works. Does throwing your toys out of the pram include quoting 5 people in the same post going of on one. How you choose to interpret my post is up to you, De Gea's clearly got a lower offer because of Real getting a new keeper in. I hope he gets whatever he wants, he's been here long enough and deserves it. The Glazers have been rinsing the club long enough, our best player should be getting top wages. I don't mind constructive criticism at all, I just think your post's are crap and condescending. Continue to quote me all you want, I'll be calling you out every time if you aren't sticking to the point.
You didn’t seem to understand why someone quoted you - I’m happy to help.

I don’t disagree that he should be one of our top earners, I didn’t say anything different.

However, I do take umbridge in you saying that a player and his agent should to rinse the club. The fact that you start jumping up and down when you read an article about standard negotiation tactics says a lot about you.

I’m sorry that you find my posts condescending, but there’s no need to get hyper about an article or that someone quotes you.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I cant see Juve spending what's needed for De Gea and I cant see him going to PSG. Every other big club is set with their goalkeepers. Dont see him going anywhere, the contract will get sorted I'm sure.

Vadim

oh well, we are embarrassing. What the feck are we doing the last few months, we seem to reach new lows again and again. I thought we were improving and on the up since Jose started, but it seems we have fallen back to the dark dark times.
Why do we have to freak out over every single news article? We simply don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

I blame Sanchez signing.

It fecks up everything and unsettle top players at the club, really.
When someone who earns 350k a week but play like a headless chicken and did feck all in 8 months, it really unsettles thing.
If he's earning that is it any wonder our club is the absolute circus it currently is ?

Indeed. Think Ed now realises this. Have a feeling we won't see those mistakes again.
Terrible decisions though, Sanchez especially for me.
You want to bet on that ?
He shouldn't have even thought about handing out those ridiculous contracts in the first place.

Revan

Assumptionman
We’ve probably offered him around £250k a week and due to what we are paying others he’s wanting >£350k a week.

I don’t think there is a side in the world that would pay more than what we are offering him if a transfer fee is involved, but if he were to run his contract down and leave on a free...:nervous:

He should get parity with our highest earners and if we aren’t offering that then I can understand his refusal.
He shouldn't get parity with Sanchez, because that contract for Sanchez was a big mistake. Assuming that he plays as many games as are weeks in a year, he is really getting close to 500k/week, which puts him on top 5 most payed players (after Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and Bale), but he was nowhere near a top 5 player back then (now he isn't even a player, based only on United's career). We cannot fix that mistake by increasing the salaries of all other players we have.

Saying that, De Gea is clearly our best performing player, so he should get a nice bump on his contract, which puts him around current Pogba's wages. Even a bump of just 50k/week, would put him at 250k/week which would be double of the next best payed keeper in the world, Manuel Neuer (Courtuis might be on more on Madrid, but couldn't find the numbers). Considering the special case we are on (Sanchez mistake, De Gea being our best player, the mess we are on), we should consider a 250-300k/week salary, which for a keeper is an insane amount of money, and quite unlikely that is going to be matched from any other club, unless PSG goes batshit crazy. If PSG goes batshit crazy, then offer to De Gea whatever he wants.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
With Castles apparently being a Mendes mouthpiece, you'd think he would have known the figures. Odd, eh?
To be fair it could be that the club's offer is actually very generous, so Mendes doesn't want to make the figures public as it doesn't help his cause.

Stadjer

Cant really say that i blame him.. (one of) the best goalkeeper in the world but he isnt even competing for major trophies with United. He has to deal with with a defense where the best defender is average at best and he has to bail them out all the time. He is the reason Manchester United is in the Champions League so he deserves the money from that... unlike Sanchez who hasnt shown once why he is earning so much money.

Also the fact he could have been at Madrid and he would have had two CL trophies and be part of the first team who ever won the CL in a row... instead he was part of a team which is disliked by 99% of every neutral fan because negative/boring Mourinho/vanGaal tactics (which didnt result in major trophies) and mostly know for spending loads of money and achieving nothing.

Morpheus 7

You didn’t seem to understand why someone quoted you - I’m happy to help.

I don’t disagree that he should be one of our top earners, I didn’t say anything different.

However, I do take umbridge in you saying that a player and his agent should to rinse the club. The fact that you start jumping up and down when you read an article about standard negotiation tactics says a lot about you.

I’m sorry that you find my posts condescending, but there’s no need to get hyper about an article or that someone quotes you.
Man you need to chill and let others talk now. If your still worked up and need to have the last word, feel free to PM me and we'll take it from there. Take a deep breath lad and take control ha..

Sir Scott McToMinay

Doubt it has anything to do with the contract itself, it was widely reported he was being offered a contract that would make him the highest earning keeper in the world.

I would guess he wants to win the biggest trophies and he’s doubting he could do it here, he’s not 20 years old anymore.

manutddjw

Not overly concerned with this, in the end, we’ll meet Dave’s price and he’ll stay.

If you’re Dave or his agent and have watched players publicly slag this club (including one this summer) only to be given the contract they wanted, you’re not going to do the same knowing how valuable you are?

One day DDG will realise that he's potentially wasting the peak years of his career playing for a uncertain club which ,playing wise, is surrounded by a bunch of self obsessed social media kids.
The penny will drop with DDG eventually.

Stadjer

Just another mercenary. Show him the door.
Yeah sure.. lets sell the player who got us a top 4 position, makes saves literally no other keeper in the world would make and has been at the club for a long time now because he wants to earn as much money as less important players who arent showing they are worth the amount of money they get.

You should buy Woodward a new faxmachine to make sure DDG actually leaves this time...

pascell

I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Castles is Mourinhos mouthpiece? I think it's more that he's the mouthpiece of Jorge Mendes, I mean how the hell would Mourinho know and leak that de Gea isn't happy of the amount he's been offered? Mendes is the agent of de Gea also, makes more sense that Castles is fed information off Mendes than Mourinho on this subject

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Seems like the media have got your clicks again.

Tomorrow: Fred the Red wants a bigger head

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah sure.. lets sell the player who got us a top 4 position, makes saves literally no other keeper in the world would make and has been at the club for a long time now because he wants to earn as much money as less important players who arent showing they are worth the amount of money they get.

You should buy Woodward a new faxmachine to make sure DDG actually leaves this time...
Think you may have missed some obvious white text there.

jem

First of all, after the events of recent weeks, I'd be very wary of anything the media report regarding United. That being said, there can be no messing around with DDG. The guy is the best in the world, and the only elite player that we have. He's also a model professional - if ,as Pogba claims, you cannot play well when you are not happy, how do you explain De Gea's performances following the botched Madrid transfer? The guy is class through and through.

clarkydaz

Were there not reports last week or week before that the club were confident he would sign a new deal? This doesn't look silly at all

Rolaholic

Just the kind of news we need...

These fish papers are absolutely loving piling it on

Josep Dowling

It’s an odd situation because he’s one of our best players but goalkeepers just don’t earn the same as someone who sticks it in the back of the net.

Would he get over £250k a week anywhere else? Would he even get the contract he’s on now anywhere else? I highly doubt it.

There are very few options out there for him imo. Hopefully it gets resolved.

AlwaysRed66

If those figures you quoted are correct, we actually made a great deal on Sanchez. 350k a week and just 1m signing bonus equals a total cost over five years of around 80m just for the salary. And then add 1m as the "signing bonus". Thats under 100m in total cost over five years for a worldclass player (even if he hasnt shown it yet). That said I dont believe for one second that Sanchez sign on fee was just 1m. If so his agent sucks at his job.

This is OT since this thread is about De Geas contract situation though. What I am arguing is that people should get off this narrative of the actual weekly salary being of the importance that its being made out to be. For the club and the player its the total cost/reimbursement over the term of the contract that is important. How this is structured in weekly wages/sign on fees/playing bonuses is not that important. Every player´s situation is different. Does anyone actually believe that Fellaini signed a new deal for around 180k (or whatever has been "reported") a week without a significant sign on fee? I don´t.
How can this be a great deal if he has destabilised the wage structure of the rest of the team. Paying someone world class wages for average performances is appalling deal.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
You know football's a mess when normal folks pick the side of these greedy millionaire primadonnas.

Nico87

You know football's a mess when normal folks pick the side of these greedy millionaire primadonnas.
It's hardly that simplistic, the money in football is undoubtedly obscene but I don't think it's as much about the amount of money offered as it is,our star performer asking to be valued as much as his underperforming peers. I think in any line of work if your output is much higher than your colleagues over a prolonged period of time and they were paid significantly more, you would feel a little undervalued.

liamp

As opposed to the side of the greedy millionaire executives or greedy billionaire owners? He's asking for compensation in-line with what he's worth to the company and in-line with other top performers. You can be earning minimum wage at fecking McDonalds and be in the same situation, just at an infinitely lower scale. As far I'm concerned, I hope DDG gets as much as he possibly can given his bosses were the ones stupid enough to shatter their wage structure for a player like Alexis.

Johan07

How can this be a great deal if he has destabilised the wage structure of the rest of the team. Paying someone world class wages for average performances is appalling deal.
Because a similar player in status and age to Sanchez under contract would have cost that just in transfer fee.

That said I dont believe for a second that Sanchez sign on fee was 1m.

And I stand by my original point: this wage structure thing is overrated. Its the total cost for the club thats relevant. How you structure it with regard to sign on fee/weekly wage is if not irrelevant; again: overrated. A player like Sanchez or Fellaini out of contract will always command a larger cost in total wages and/or sign on than a player under contract or that is signed with a large transfer fee attached.

Therefore it is not relevant to compare De Gea to Sanchez. At least not this year.

ZlatMan

Pay him whatever he wants. We wouldn't be playing in Champions league without his saves but if we end up losing him then it's no lose. We can get Oblak or Navas who are just as good if not better.

stu_1992

Just pay him. Unlike the other high paid players at this club, this guy has proved himself to be instrumental to us. Pogba and Sanchez are the highest paid but as a result of what they did previously at other clubs. Neither has been good consistently here as of yet. De Gea has. Best in the world in his position. End of story. We didn't fight off Madrid for so long just to piss him off now.

ash_86

It a negotiation and that how its suppose to be. Literally happens at most club Read: Sterling. We'll throw in some bonuses , see if he signs, else will sell him for upwards of £100m and buy Oblak .