De Gea post-season interview: "Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

LuckyScout78

New head coach new fresh start. Pre season will show who is most hunger.

Players low confidence and poor performances were effect and caused by a poor United collective. And the Ralf and his team had the most key decisions that lead to United poor collective. Or United collective collapsed.

New head coach. He might get the United collective and ship more steady.

With 2-3 really good Ajax players and others really good players in the summer.

Different reasons/factors and ingredients = difference result = the truth = wider perspective

As a coach. I believe Ten Hag is a much better head coach both Ole and Ralf. And like i said with new stronger ingredients, players and reason. I dont expect same result as Ralf. In the truth i trust. Not specific ego and names.

Many of them want to leave if Ralf stay. During his time here. They havent give the same statement with.... a new fresh head coach.

Oranges038

The thing is De Gea played with Vidic and Ferdinand and none of them complained about DDG not coming out out of his line. Why? because they're top defenders and they know when and when not to pass around at the back.
Also, if there's mistrust between them then the person who should be organizing it is Maguire. He's the captain, he's the most important out of all defenders. De Gea needs to command his area during freekicks and corners, but really he shouldn't have to do that in general plays when we have the ball. At that time it's the defender's. The main problem is we have defenders that are neither calm nor composed actively trying to play the ball around at the back (which can also be attributed to the system, maybe they are instructed specifically to do it?) and when they realize they've made a mistake, such as opponents pressing them and they have no space to run to, they just give it to DDG. So of course I can understand DDG's frustration. After all, if the opponent manages to snatch the ball it'll be him that gets shit on when the opponent scores the goal even though it's most likely a collective, systematical mistake. Imagine the players in front of you constantly scrambling and you never know what they're gonna do, what do you do? you come out, it can lead into a mistake, you don't come out and it can lead into a mistake too. I don't agree that he's a big problem. We have bigger problems. Replace him with someone like Ederson and the defenders + midfielders will still find a way to make stupid mistakes that put the GK in a disadvantageous position. Hell, I can imagine Ederson coming out of his line only for Maguire or Fred to score an own goal. We just don't have an organization nor calmness at the back - the reasons why we brought in Maguire and so far it's been a failure. Meanwhile if we had a decent back four that don't try to outsmart themselves with playing from the back, with DDG still in goal, the difference is gonna be night and day.
It's not about being smart or trying this or that. It's about having a basic undrstanding that the defence and keeper act as a unit. Those players have to know who is in charge of different situations, who's responsible for dealing with it. Yet, you have a keeper who won't even claim a high ball that's right in the 6 yard box. But thinks that he himself has had a great season, and talks about it being a team game and chooses to ignore his own weaknesses and that he's fundamentally a massive part of a malfunctioning unit that has conceded 57 goals in a season.

Lennon

Woudn't that be great after fiasco of Maguire making someone who isn't good enough to play if United have any aspiration to get back to top Captain I wonder what could go wrong .
Not good enough? With De Gea or Ronaldo, we would have been in a much deeper s*hole as we're now ...

RVN1991

I don't see any benefits De Gea calling out in public. To some extent, it's the senior players' responsibilities to address such issues in dressing room, and De Gea failed on this role too, no exception. The same applies to Maguire, Bruno, Varane and Ronaldo.

You can imagine Keane back in the days would keep everyone on their toes to stay focused, give 100% and live up to high standard. We are desperately missing such leadership in dressing room. It's easy to speak big talk in public, but what actions these senior players have taken to solve the problems ? Or they just think they could do their own part well enough and all those failure can be blamed on others ?
Do you have any insight into what the dressing room dynamics are now or when Keane was captain?

Let's face it you've got no clue what DDG does or doesn't do in the dressing room, also funny how you criticize De Gea for publicly calling out players while Keane was banished from the club for doing the same. People in here would be giving him shit for giving generic unauthentic answers so really anyone criticizing the man for being honest and calling out these con men can piss off respectfully.

Bojan Djordjic

Not good enough? With De Gea or Ronaldo, we would have been in a much deeper s*hole as we're now ...
You say this with such conviction. If only we had a season we could easily compare the performance of a United team with Ronaldo and a United without. Like last year for example where we came second in the league and the club was an infinitely happier place.

afatzp

Do you have any insight into what the dressing room dynamics are now or when Keane was captain?

Let's face it you've got no clue what DDG does or doesn't do in the dressing room, also funny how you criticize De Gea for publicly calling out players while Keane was banished from the club for doing the same. People in here would be giving him shit for giving generic unauthentic answers so really anyone criticizing the man for being honest and calling out these con men can piss off respectfully.
I don't know what detailed actions De Gea have taken to address the issues, but I can see the results: an unsettled and un-motivated dressing room which lack of professionalism.

As you mentioned, Keane spoke out in public and at that moment he considered himself above the club and thought that he were entitled to do this, then he was swept out of the door. If we held the same standard, why De Gea can be treated differently ? Before that, no doubt Keane was the role model of leader and captain to set straight the dressing room and he has been well respected.

My point is, calling out in public benefits no one. You trying to be honest , you can try it in dressing room to correct the wrong .