De Gea post-season interview: "Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

crossy1686

career ending
It's aimed at Rashford, Pogba, Lingard, McTominay, Bailly, Martial and Henderson. Possibly Lindelof and Maguire as well.
Maybe Wan Bissaka as well, and whoever else has said they want to leave behind the scenes. McTomminay won’t leave unless we force him out, he knows he won’t play for a top half team if he walks

::sonny::

It’s always the next season
Next season

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
De Gea's flaws as a player are irrelevant in this case. The same with Mata.

Because what they're referring to seems to be basic professionalism. There are obviously players who haven't been meeting the required standard behind the scenes, who have have a bad attitude, who don't want to be here, who are leaking shit to the press and who are creating a toxic atmosphere.

And the likes of De Gea and Mata are entitled to call out that lack of character and desire to be here because flawed though they are themselves as footballers, they at least have the credit of having lasted a long time at the top level while being consistently regarded as good pros and teammates. It sounds like the people they're referring to wouldn't be able to say the same.

MrSingh2002

Alot of our players really are shite.

Which get near being in the Man City or Liverpool squad?

Could argue that Greenwood pre situation, Ronaldo and Varane could start and do well in those teams. Possibly Sancho makes the bench. That's about it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Think we all have a pretty good idea.
Unless you are part of the club and has daily interactions with the players, you have no idea. Not even the beginning of it.

Caesar2290

Looks like the Spanish core has spokern.

First it was Mata yesterday, now it is Dave.

mu4c_20le

Meh. He's been there throughout the whole post-Fergie mess, he needs to take responsibility as well.
Guilty by association?

By all accounts, he seems like a good egg, just a bit reserved, otherwise he's captain material.

Lee565

Weren't we supposed to bring in players with "good" characters and value under Ole? So much for the famed cultural reset :nervous:
That his pal at sky sports neville championed he was doing a great job of doing before then going onto say he doesn't like this bunch of players a season later despite it being all ole's doing

OrcaFat

He loves a good fighting talk interview doesn’t he? Ironic given he’s one of the most cowardly footballers we have.
Not everyone likes his style but he’s not a coward he just plays the game his own way. He’s been good this season and he’s got the balls to call his team mates out in public. I’ve said it before but he’d probably kick the daylights out of anyone calling him a coward to his face. Not that I would approve.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yep, interesting choice of words. He clearly doesn’t like the cut of some of these guys gibs
The same players were here last season and he never mentioned anything. A shitty season, with a manager who came in that had absolutely no clue other to talk about how we need a new squad to beat the likes of Norwich and Watford.

Hopefully ten Hag's got a bit more about him!

marcus agrippa

Odd. It was absolutely nothing like what it is now for the vast majority of Ole’s reign.
How can you say this with a straight face? These problems began during Solskjaer's tenure, and have only come to a head now. It's what happens when you pick players irrespective of form, and sideline others; when you hoard players, promise them game time, and then renege. Resentment.

marcus agrippa

It isn't. I'm not impressed with this since he hasn't improved much for years now. Plus he's been there throughout all the shite. Needs to take responsibility. Am I bit put off with the way he's talking honestly, as if he doesn't have any improvements to make and it's all his team mates. Anyway, ETH will need to deal with all this.
:lol:

When has DDG never taken responsibility? The last time he fronted up to the cameras like this, he was stripped of the captaincy.

hobbers

Unless you are part of the club and has daily interactions with the players, you have no idea. Not even the beginning of it.
No, it's pretty damn obvious to everyone who he's talking about regarding players who dont want to be here. We know who they all are. There's no secrets there.

Yeh we cant be sure over his opinion on some others beyond body language, but it's been pretty clear all season De Gea has not enjoyed playing with Lindelof, Maguire and McTominay.

Biggins

ETH is probably looking for the first flight back to Amsterdam. This team is a total mess and one transfer window will not solve all the problems...

arnie_ni

I think Shaw gets unfairly lumped in with those, he seems to keep a distance from them and doesn’t exactly care about his ‘brand’ unlike those mentioned. He’s the only one that also seems to care about his football.
Was going to ask why everyone throws Shaws name in when discussing this? He was one of the first to publicly call out the players when he done it in a post match interview months ago.

I really don't think it's him

Kag

Feck me. If I did that you might actually crack a smile.
In summary, you’re putting words into my mouth.

I’m allowed to believe that Ten Hag will deliver more than 58 points while still believing he is being set up to fail. I’m also allowed (and right, for what it’s worth) in thinking that De Gea is full of hot air and mistakes.

Real Name

No, it's pretty damn obvious to everyone who he's talking about regarding players who dont want to be here. We know who they all are. There's no secrets there.

Yeh we cant be sure over his opinion on some others beyond body language, but it's been pretty clear all season De Gea has not enjoyed playing with Lindelof, Maguire and McTominay.
Are you a body language expert?
If you're not you're just guessing just like all of us.

Tavern in the town

Not everyone likes his style but he’s not a coward he just plays the game his own way. He’s been good this season and he’s got the balls to call his team mates out in public. I’ve said it before but he’d probably kick the daylights out of anyone calling him a coward to his face. Not that I would approve.
I’m 7ft 2 built like a man mountain fella. I’d throw him about like wet lettuce.

Anustart89

Ooof.. Well said Dave, you can stay! Staking a claim from the captaincy as well

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Guilty by association?

By all accounts, he seems like a good egg, just a bit reserved, otherwise he's captain material.
Definitely not captain material. Saying what he knows the fans want to hear at this moment doesn't make him a leader sorry.

My issue with him saying this is that he also needs to be improving and could have done better too. Not because he's done well on some occasions doesn't mean he shouldn't take any blame. He shares the blame with his team mates. It's a collective shit performance. That the bit that bothers me about what he said.

edcunited1878

What he's saying has nothing to do with ability, it is all about attitude and how you act. And that goes into trust as well. Too many players have stopped pulling the same way and it shows. Nobody is entitled to win matches, you have to earn it and go through so much to win. Not enough sacrifices have been made and it is glaring.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Dave was captain while Young was injured and after Dave did this kind of interview, Ole gave it to Maguire who didn't had any respect among players. Ole's all decisions were awful.

Redfrog

And crucially is just as poor with the ball at his feet as De Gea. Possibly even worse.
Yeah, that’s so true. His ball playing abilities are not even good. People making out the as De Gea cannot kick a football.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:lol:

When has DDG never taken responsibility? The last time he fronted up to the cameras like this, he was stripped of the captaincy.
Taking responsibility takes different forms. Talking is one thing, but he never seems to improve his deficiencies. He should maybe concentrate on that first before throwing team mates under the bus when he himself hasn't been excellent.

arnie_ni

De Gea's flaws as a player are irrelevant in this case. The same with Mata.

Because what they're referring to seems to be basic professionalism. There are obviously players who haven't been meeting the required standard behind the scenes, who have have a bad attitude, who don't want to be here, who are leaking shit to the press and who are creating a toxic atmosphere.

And the likes of De Gea and Mata are entitled to call out that lack of character and desire to be here because flawed though they are themselves as footballers, they at least have the credit of having lasted a long time at the top level while being consistently regarded as good pros and teammates. It sounds like the people they're referring to wouldn't be able to say the same.
Well said. He isn't talking about talent or performance here. It's attitude, desire, effort, character.

Hes basically said a few boys need to feck off.

arnie_ni

Taking responsibility takes different forms. Talking is one thing, but he never seems to improve his deficiencies. He should maybe concentrate on that first before throwing team mates under the bus when he himself hasn't been excellent.
Hes not talking about anyones performance

M Bison

Supports
York City
Can’t believe Dave is getting criticised for anything this season. The shambles our team and coaching has been, he’s 1 of only 2 that can say they’ve actually put a shift in and played for the shirt.

If ETH decided to fire off every outfield player I’d be in full support, horrible team and horrible individuals who don’t care.

TheReligion

Abusive
In summary, you’re putting words into my mouth.

I’m allowed to believe that Ten Hag will deliver more than 58 points while still believing he is being set up to fail. I’m also allowed (and right, for what it’s worth) in thinking that De Gea is full of hot air and mistakes.
Believe what you want. Hopefully you bother to support the club next season.