De Gea post-season interview: "Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Of course it is both but not equally. The players share more of the blame than the manager.
As always. Players are more important than any manager, its why it's not worth getting excited about next season unless we bring in at least 4/5 new starters with the right attitude and quality.

Ralf couldn't have done worse job though.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It was but we were winning some games.
No. It wasn’t. It may have been tactically naive and lacking in quality but the team were pulling in the same direction. That’s why we finished 3rd then 2nd making multiple semi-finals and a final with a 60% win rate over the 18 months post bruno. Something has gone badly wrong this season behind the scenes.

AndySmith1990

If you are professional and you work hard at your job, then you'll have nothing but resentment and contempt towards those who are lazy and have bad attitudes. De Gea is fed up and clearly has been holding back what he'd really like to say. I expect others like Ronaldo, Mata and Matic feel the same towards certain wasters in the squad.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
No. It wasn’t. It may have been tactically naive and lacking in quality but the team were pulling in the same direction. That’s why we finished 3rd then 2nd making multiple semi-finals and a final with a 60% win rate over the 18 months post bruno. Something has gone badly wrong this season behind the scenes.
Maguire playing like a pissed child and always being picked?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
And he is an example of a player that wanted to leave, had a medical and extended for a big chunk of money when his move wasn't possible anymore. If I'm being honest I don't trust him at all and wouldn't surprised if he is just trying to cover his own backside. But the message is in general correct whoever wants to leave or doesn't the temperament that this club needs should leave, no hard feelings on my part, just leave.
Agree with you. I don't trust him either. Feel bad for saying it but just what he says, and also all the history with him wanting to leave. Plus I don't like when a member of the team does not take responsibility as well. That's not the way to move forward.

ETH seems quite intelligent so hope he sees through any one just trying to cover their ass basically. Also, I struggle to see how we will play the way ETH wants with De Gea as the keeper. In any case, I leave all this to the manager.

Ted Lasso

Odd. It was absolutely nothing like what it is now for the vast majority of Ole’s reign.
I lurked quite a bit the last few seasons and as an outsider there was a pretty incredible divide on Red Cafe dating back to Jose's time. Even LVGs tenure at the end was the beginning of the whisperings. Players needing to want sex (I took it as needing more drive). Not willing to do the homework to prepare. Woodward getting buddy buddy.

All the red flags were there.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Well done from DDG. But that dressing room must be toxic to the core for a player to blatantly shed doubt over the professionalism of his colleagues

edcunited1878

How has he bailed us out this season? You could have made the case a few seasons ago, but ever since the season before last he's been a walking mistake.
Without Dave, United would have be out of Europa. Go all the way back against West Ham and Wolves in the beginning of the season. He rescued at least 4 points. He has definitely bailed us out on numerous occasions.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
As always. Players are more important than any manager, its why it's not worth getting excited about next season unless we bring in at least 4/5 new starters with the right attitude and quality.

Ralf couldn't have done worse job though.
SAF was always more important than any player. Same with pep and klop at city and liverpool.

You don't have sustained success without a manager who has authority over the players. Even last month saf when asked about ten hag said hopefully he gets "control".

Varane around town

DDG did as little media as possible before this season. Now he's giving post-match interviews every other week slamming the team.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Obviously been told he’s no.1 next year. Admire the honesty. It must be even worse than we thought.
I think it's a mistake in my humble opinion. I'm struggling to see how someone who isn't proactive is going to do well with ETH and his system. Plus he needs to also look at himself.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Maguire playing like a pissed child and always being picked?
You mean the Harry Maguire that was fantastic second half of last season before getting injured before the Europa league final which many lamented as being the reason we lost? Why wouldn’t he have constantly picked our best centre back last season? This also has absolutely sod all to do with the toxicity in the dressing room that we’re talking about. You’re just saying Ole, Maguire and I’m sure Mctominay will be mentioned next in this bollocks bingo game you’re playing.

Ollie Derbyshire

Love that, shame he can’t really name the ones he’d get rid off. Clearly a massive divide in the dressing room between ones who actually want to put the effort in and others don’t.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I love how blindly devoted to RR some of you are that any criticism of the worst manager we’ve ever had is seen as some sort of excuse for the players.

They’ve all been shit.

Shit manager, shit feckless players.
Both are to blame. However, the players are more to blame than the manager.

Tavern in the town

What is this utter nonsense. Jesus wept
Never collects crosses when they’re right in front of him, I still remember his punch vs PSG in the dying seconds, could’ve cost us the game. Lay on his arse for 30 seconds as Arsenal put the ball into an empty net. Coward.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This following on from these comments from Mata in his interview during the week:

We need a reset in the culture of the club. That’s how I feel. The standards, what it means to represent this club to any player, what entitles you to play for Manchester United, what is expected on the pitch and off the pitch. Many things that need to be clear — this is Manchester United and anyone who doesn’t meet those standards is not up to the task and should not be here. That’s as clear as I can be.
If softly-spoken pros like De Gea and Mata are calling it out publicly then it's pretty clear there's a very toxic element in the dressing room and they need to be the first to go, even ahead of players who aren't good enough but at least have the right attitude.

As SAF said, get rid of the cnuts.

crossy1686

career ending
Exactly my thoughts when reading this. There'll be a great book in this one day.
It won’t, no one wants to read about a bunch of entitled Instagram posers who refused to run and train at night, managed by a guy who doesn’t know how to manage and some American bloke massively out of his depth.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
clearly the ‘dressing room’ is more toxic behind the scenes than we realise. this is a pretty big statement by DDG.

Glad he’s spoken out as our most senior player.

mu4c_20le

Both are to blame. However, the players are more to blame than the manager.
I've honestly never seen you blame the manager, its always both are to blame BUT players more, ole more, board more, etc.

What is Rangnick to blame for?

crossy1686

career ending
I think it's been pretty clear who these are:
Shaw
Lingard
Pogba
Rashford
I think Shaw gets unfairly lumped in with those, he seems to keep a distance from them and doesn’t exactly care about his ‘brand’ unlike those mentioned. He’s the only one that also seems to care about his football.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
SAF was always more important than any player. Same with pep and klop at city and liverpool.

You don't have sustained success without a manager who has authority over the players. Even last month saf when asked about ten hag said hopefully he gets "control".
None of them would win anything with this squad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think De Gea has grown to love this club. Still probably wishes he’d gone to Madrid and won the champions league, mind. Still, you can tell he gets the fans.

Andrew7582

Where is that aggression from De Gea when crosses are being played into our box and balls are being played behind our defence, he's terrified to leave his line. He is part of the problem.