De Gea post-season interview: "Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

UnitedFan93

He really fecking isn't.

This myth needs to be killed with fire as it's fecking embarrassing.
He really is. A fecking bottler who has a 'good' season every time we finish 6th because it meant we didn't finish 8th, I.e when the pressure is off. Watch him when there is something at stake to play for, whether for United or Spain; nine times out ten he'll make a howler. He lost his place to fecking Kepa in the Spanish team ffs.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Because Nick Pope came higher than De Gea in all of them, and look where that got him :lol:

Sometimes this place really cracks me up, :lol::lol:
Yeah, 4 goals fewer conceded than Manchester United while playing for an actual relegation team. Pretty impressive.

Caesar2290

Because Nick Pope came higher than De Gea in all of them, and look where that got him :lol:

Sometimes this place really cracks me up, :lol::lol:
VDS was playing for midtable Fulham. Does that mean that Caroll or Taibi where better than him?

Football is a team sport.

And the rest of our squad is prime Brazil in the seventies?

He's saved us many points this season.
Did he now? Shoud I remind you that this man is on 375K week and wouldn't even start for the Top6? And yet people are mad because Bruno got a raise.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine if he's one of those deemed a bad character, or not good enough by the new manager :lol:

onemanarmy

He really is. A fecking bottler who has a 'good' season every time we finish 6th because it meant we didn't finish 8th, I.e when the pressure is off. Watch him when there is something at stake to play for, whether for United or Spain; nine times out ten he'll make a howler. He lost his place to fecking Kepa in the Spanish team ffs.
Don't think Kepa has played a game for the Spanish NT since 2017.

jesperjaap

I feel like I’ve heard this line trotted out by DDG more times than I need too this season, actually these past few seasons.
Have you? Can understand hearing the bad season and lookign foward to a new manager as been plenty of both....but I havent seen him criticising the attitude or desires of team mates, that is very damning, there is quite obviously a rotten core within this squad needs removing that are not happy here

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah, 4 goals fewer conceded than Manchester United while playing for an actual relegation team. Pretty impressive.
Feck me,

Another one :lol: :houllier: :rolleyes:

Member 101269

DDGs comments tell us how split the squad is and how out of control management are to allow these comments.

jesperjaap

Fighting talk from one of the biggest bottlers in the squad. What an absolute mess we're in. De Gea can talk all he wants, he's fecking shit like the rest of them.
Oh come on, has he had bad periods, yes one really long bad period, has he made msitakes....of course, he is a keeper, is he maybe a bit passive within the modern games, maybe but how many keepers are there that really are great with the ball at there feet.

He isnt Van der Sar and is certainly not Schmeichel, but within a poor decade at the club he has been player of the season several times and our best player. He has been over taken the last few years by a few keepers both within our league and Europe and for his country, but this is a world class player and still one of the best of the world, I find the criticism of DeGea ludicrous, especially embarrassing and in no way objective or constructive criticism of him like yours.

There are several who deserve this kind of criticism in the squad, there are loads worthy of constructive criticism, De Gea is one of less than a handful that deserces neither whether or not you would prefer a more modern keeper....easy to forget some of the struggles we have had with keepers liek Barthez, Bosnich, Foster for example, DeGea has been one of the best keepers we have ever had

CloneMC16

He really fecking isn't.

This myth needs to be killed with fire as it's fecking embarrassing.
Unfortunately, it's not a myth. A goalkeeper needs to do more than make saves. The better keepers in the league have much better all around games than De Gea. He is part of the reason why our defence looks poor. His passive keeping puts pressure on everybody else. I'm not saying he is the main or only problem. He is just part of it.

Without David we would be playing in the stupid conference. He is right,
57 goals conceded would have Been worse, He had calamity Harry in front of him.
If players don't want to be with us, he is right to tell them to sod off.
Who cares if we're in the conference league? 6th or 7th is complete shit. It makes no difference. I agree that if players want to leave, they should leave. What I laugh at is him saying that he's proud of the season he's had. He said that the other day. He's conceded 57 goals :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Says a lot when a guy who tried to weasel his way to Real Madrid is making these quotes about the rest of the players.
Weasel? Come come, he was super professional about it all despite it obviously being a dream move for him. At the time he was performing way way above everyone else in our team and we were going nowhere.

Wilt

De Gea ….of course his £375,000 per week salary has nothing to do with him wanting to stay :lol:

Red_toad

Yup, yet got relegated.

Sometimes stats hide what's really going on.
What stats?
Are you saying Dave had a good season and he’s not responsible for our defensive issues? I’d say there are plenty of questions to be asked about not commanding his area and his distribution. He’ll need to really kick in with the coaches next season, as Ten Hag will ask an awful lot from him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Weasel? Come come, he was super professional about it all despite it obviously being a dream move for him. At the time he was performing way way above everyone else in our team and we were going nowhere.
At the time he was on the bench because the manager thought that he wasn't in the right state of mind. I won't say that he wasn't professional but he was literally not performing.

Champ

Another one of them annoying feckers with functioning eyes, yeah.
Another one of those annoying feckers who tell the truth,

That's what you actually mean. :D

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Meh. He's been there throughout the whole post-Fergie mess, he needs to take responsibility as well.
Probably the only player we've had since then that we can comfortably say "it would have been a hell of a lot worse with him"

UnitedFan93

Doesn't really negate what @Tom Van Persie said: he's the only one (and Phil Jones!) who knows what winning the league with Manchester United feels like.
True, but if the comment implies that De Gea is important to keep because he has won the league before, then I disagree with that comment. De Gea is nowhere near good enough. What he won almost ten years ago is irrelevant when he now doesn't meet the requirements of a title winning keeper. Too many weaknesses in his game for me.

CloneMC16

:lol:

This guy is delusional. He's the best paid goalkeeper in world football and still has massive holes in his game. Blames everybody around him and refuses to look at his own game.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
At the time he was on the bench because the manager thought that he wasn't in the right state of mind. I won't say that he wasn't professional but he was literally not performing.
Yeah, I remember. But there was no talk from his agent or damaging quotes from him, if I recall. Unlike so many of the cnuts in our team now and previously.

Mind, I don't think he's good enough. But that's another matter.

CM10

If anyone has a right to talk it’s de gea. Been our player of the season more often than not and has been here long enough to compare standards then and now. Don’t lump one of the only undoubtedly decent pros we have in with the rest of the chancers.
Maybe he's not quite unprofessional but De Gea is as much of a chancer as most of the underperformers in this team. He's lucky the shitshow around him is so bad it will inevitably deflect some of the negative attention away from himself. Some elements of his game are embarrassingly bad.

There isn't one player who escapes from this season without some stink on them and that certainly includes De Gea.

Champ

Unfortunately, it's not a myth. A goalkeeper needs to do more than make saves. The better keepers in the league have much better all around games than De Gea. He is part of the reason why our defence looks poor. His passive keeping puts pressure on everybody else. I'm not saying he is the main or only problem. He is just part of it.

Who cares if we're in the conference league? 6th or 7th is complete shit. It makes no difference. I agree that if players want to leave, they should leave. What I laugh at is him saying that he's proud of the season he's had. He said that the other day. He's conceded 57 goals :lol:
The better all round goalkeeper got relegated today,

It goes a lot deeper my friend,

Just wish people would actually see that rather than be reactive to everything they read.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t know why people are getting all excited.

De Gea himself is a massive fanny and a big part of the problem. This will be even more obvious as and when we start to get slightly better, just as it has before.

But, yeah, crack on, I guess…
I think the extreme lack of self-awareness in a lot of our players is an actual issue.