De Gea post-season interview: "Ones who want to stay, stay at the club. Ones that don't want to stay go out. You don't have to stay here."

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's possible for both of them to not be good enough. Henderson is bang average and has no standout qualities at all. De Gea at least has great reflexes but is very poor at organisation, coming out to catch aerial balls (unless they're literally underneath his crossbar), sweeping and distribution.

Honestly, De Gea is low down the list of problems in the team (and we're never going to shift him on the wages he has anyway) so I'm not too fussed about him staying as long as we can drastically change a lot of the rest of the side. However, if we were in a better position where we didn't need to feck off half the team, he's definitely someone we can improve upon. I'd rather have near half of the other keepers in the league over him.
We couldn't improve too much on De Gea,

He's not perfect but he most certainly is one of the best keepers in the premiership right now.

Champ

Except that didn't happen, did it? Henderson's run in goal last season is literally the best our defence has been in the last four seasons (both by the eyes and the stats). You can try to claim it was coincidence, or put a lot of stress on the 2-3 games where Henderson did have poor games, but overall that was the best our defence has looked for years.
Give over :lol:

Does that game against Liverpool not give you nightmares still??

It does me!!

MalaysianRed7

He’s spot on. He’s done his job this season and has a positive xG prevented, and by some way. He can’t pass, so what? He passes better than Fred, McTominay and Bruno, our weekly midfield three. I’m not even exaggerating.

He has definitely earned the right to start next season as number 1. If Ten Hag deems that his passing is too poor, then let’s look at a new goalkeeper. Either way, Dean Henderson is not the answer.

Champ

Our defence was better with Henderson in goal. We conceded less goals. Henderson would have started this season if he didn't get COVID. We could have had a better look at him to see how the team performed as a whole. Don't know if he was good enough, but I would have liked to have seen more. Nobody has gotten the chances over the last 10 years that De Gea has had. Nobody has played more games than De Gea has over that timeframe. If there is any constant, it is De Gea.

And who did Henderson play against? As context is key of your throwing a bunch of stats out!
How many did we win? How many goals did we score? Etc etc.

The funny thing is he actually faced MORE shots than DDG during them stats period and had way more saves per game, which surely suggests that we weren't great in defence and in fact even worse, hence the more shots etc??!!!

izec

He has been one of the few players playing well and obviously cares about the club and shows some fecking character!

Shame on you seriously ungrateful "supporters"
No hard feelings, however, we need to upgrade soon. We thank him for his services

Oranges038

Give over :lol:

Does that game against Liverpool not give you nightmares still??

It does me!!
I love that this goal always gets thrown up against Henderson. It's the fall back of everyone who is not willing to accept that he was a far better fit for the team and it resulted in more positive results because they conceded less goals. All the stats and performance metrics prove it. Then you have the oh he only played against shit teams argument, DDG has been conceding over a goal a game for 3 seasons and has barely kept a clean sheet against all teams good and bad.

Literally the worst goal I've ever seen a pro keeper concede. But if that one Liverpool goal gives you nightmares this one should be keeping you up at night.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Him and Ronaldo the only ones who aren't walking embarrassments.
Yep. Agreed.

The players being unable to follow instructions of Ralf really does show how unprofessional a lot of our players are and it also shows the player power in the dressing room.
They've become so used to throwing managers under the bus that they were playing badly and didn't even have the decency to try.
The board has made the players extremely comfortable - they don't have any fear of the consequences of their poor performances.

They might try a little for a few weeks under ETH, but I have no doubt that they will attempt to throw him under the bus fairly soon, too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No hard feelings, however, we need to upgrade soon. We thank him for his services
He'll probably finish up as POTY.
I don't see a reason to sell our best players. We need to sell our worst.

Red4Life_#7

You could hear the passion in his voice!! He is up for the fight... this is exactly the attitude all our players need!!

r0663664

Worships Man City
Whatever he say is the truth then make sure that it echo in the dressing room. Even if you have a new Roy Kean in the dressing, he wouldn't be brave enough to tell anyone off. We will have a new captain next season, I guess it could be Dave if Ronaldo isn't staying. I don't know why Maguire was made a captain, he doesn't have the ability, leadership or voice to be a captain. It will be embarrassing to be strip off the armband. Ole really screw up every aspect of football even appointing a captain.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s interviews like this that are part of the problem. It’s the same as McT mouthing off about his colleagues when he’s played half well despite the fact he’s shit at times himself. DdG has had a decent season in a silo, was he making similar comments when he lost his form? When he wanted to go to Madrid?

I fully get the sentiment & agree but EtH’s biggest job is making the club a place where players want to be again. If I’m the next Sancho why other than money would I want to come here?

Not one player on that pitch today will be an integral player in the next successful United side, DdG included.

Foxbatt

The only person that seems to be getting his arse handed to him is you mate.
I have watched it many times and he said it's a sports team. If anyone heard anything else then they need to have their hearing tested.

edcunited1878

It’s interviews like this that are part of the problem. It’s the same as McT mouthing off about his colleagues when he’s played half well despite the fact he’s shit at times himself. DdG has had a decent season in a silo, was he making similar comments when he lost his form? When he wanted to go to Madrid?

I fully get the sentiment & agree but EtH’s biggest job is making the club a place where players want to be again. If I’m the next Sancho why other than money would I want to come here?

Not one player on that pitch today will be an integral player in the next successful United side, DdG included.
But what he said isn't wrong and what does his talent or the talent of the squad have to do with anything? He didn't get his move back to Spain, yes became overpaid, but rebounded back to a high level. Then had a poor year, came back early last summer to get it right, and his dedication and commitment to be better paid off. That's a player with pride, accountability, and the right attitude.

Meanwhile, let's compare it to a Lingard. Didnt get his wish to leave and put up a stink the entire season. Rashford was allowed to go to the England training camp and hangout with his English mates. Delayed surgery and even had 2nd thoughts about it, then was able to recover on his own timeline. Without any other known ailments, he's served up the shite he has this past season in addition to the lack of effort.

Do you see the difference?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Love that, shame he can’t really name the ones he’d get rid off. Clearly a massive divide in the dressing room between ones who actually want to put the effort in and others don’t.
Who are we talking about, who don’t make any effort?

Eddy_JukeZ

Time for the actual cultural reset and not that façade we saw under Ole.

AFC NimbleThumb

But what he said isn't wrong and what does his talent or the talent of the squad have to do with anything? He didn't get his move back to Spain, yes became overpaid, but rebounded back to a high level. Then had a poor year, came back early last summer to get it right, and his dedication and commitment to be better paid off. That's a player with pride, accountability, and the right attitude.

Meanwhile, let's compare it to a Lingard. Didnt get his wish to leave and put up a stink the entire season. Rashford was allowed to go to the England training camp and hangout with his English mates. Delayed surgery and even had 2nd thoughts about it, then was able to recover on his own timeline. Without any other known ailments, he's served up the shite he has this past season in addition to the lack of effort.

Do you see the difference?
In my post, I said I fully get the sentiment. I’m just a little tired of players covering their own arses when they’ve done ok, these comments are self serving.

I’m not sure where Lingard fits in this discussion. Nor Rashford. Did either play today or Brighton? DdGs comments today may have included those 2 but they sure wouldn’t have stopped at them alone so it’s time to stop lambasting a few you’ve chosen not to like & look at the bigger picture, we aren’t dealing with just a few bad apples.

Lingard has played how many times this season & is on his way out yet you’re upset about him rather than the McTs or the Maguires which is the exact misguided outrage that plagues this fanbase. Rashford scored 20 goals last season with said injury but you’d rather focus on his surgery than the fact Shaw has been terrible all season goes away with England scoring a goal then pulls a DdG & blames everyone else but himself when on international duty. Both Lingard & Rashford have been terrible this season but look at their games played & they’ve been peripheral, yet they’re the 2 players you want to compare DdG with. . .

DdG sulked after not getting the Madrid move by the way, he isn’t beyond reproach. He’s hardly got top clubs banging down his door any longer & collects a kings ransom, so yes I’m sure he’d like to stay.

BEST No7

Well said. He's earned the right to call out some of the toxic wankers in the squad.

Dickheads slagging him for it are exactly the same kinda people that need to fk off. This site is full of them. Hang your head in shame. And feck off.

tenpoless

2 points above Westham. He has the right to call some players out because he's been one of the better performers and the most senior aside from Ronaldo.

themanguydude

I don't think he is good enough for a possession based system but he's the type of character we need in these hard times. We should look to keep him for at least 1 more season. Team's harmony is absolutely fecked right now

I think the fact that Ralf did not even put Henderson on the bench (same with Rashford and AWB) meant that he/they is/are part of the players that is causing disunity amongst the team and that we should definitely look to move them on next season

Slysi17

Certain posters like Tavern in the Town and Romufc were defending some of these players in the Erik Ten Hag thread. Unbelievable. When will fans wake up to realise most of these players ain't that good or need to go.

BaneIsPain

I'm glad De Gea's fuming, but I wonder where it went wrong in the dressing room?
Sounds really bad environment with 0 leadership, and 0 responsibility.

Tap

Quality control
Agree with his sentiment. Especially for the likes of Pogba, jlingz, Gashford and fat ass Shaw, if they are not happy, just leave. Don’t infect the dressing room like a virus.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So we have one player who isn't afraid to sugar coat what's happening around dressing room and we have fans discussing De Gea vs Henderson, fecking hell De Gea might not be good enough or first choice, instead of focusing on what he said people always divert to irrelevant discussions that was done 100 times in other threads.

edcunited1878

In my post, I said I fully get the sentiment. I’m just a little tired of players covering their own arses when they’ve done ok, these comments are self serving.

I’m not sure where Lingard fits in this discussion. Nor Rashford. Did either play today or Brighton? DdGs comments today may have included those 2 but they sure wouldn’t have stopped at them alone so it’s time to stop lambasting a few you’ve chosen not to like & look at the bigger picture, we aren’t dealing with just a few bad apples.

Lingard has played how many times this season & is on his way out yet you’re upset about him rather than the McTs or the Maguires which is the exact misguided outrage that plagues this fanbase. Rashford scored 20 goals last season with said injury but you’d rather focus on his surgery than the fact Shaw has been terrible all season goes away with England scoring a goal then pulls a DdG & blames everyone else but himself when on international duty. Both Lingard & Rashford have been terrible this season but look at their games played & they’ve been peripheral, yet they’re the 2 players you want to compare DdG with. . .

DdG sulked after not getting the Madrid move by the way, he isn’t beyond reproach. He’s hardly got top clubs banging down his door any longer & collects a kings ransom, so yes I’m sure he’d like to stay.
Most people agree that McTominay isn't starting quality and is just about fine as a squad player. Maguire could be one of the complainers and he isn't suited to being captain. He can't handle the just criticism and him sliding and cupping his ears after he scored a goal for England in some international match last year was embarrassing and stupid.

David was 5 years ago and the point is he had conducted himself and challenged himself even after getting paid and knowing he didn't get back to Spain. You have the likes of Lingard wanting assurances and Rashford complaining about match time, Bailly match time, Henderson not playing. They all have to earn the right to play.

Marcus is more talented than Elanga, but he can't get past him in the pecking order for months now, why? The staff chose Pogba to start over Marcus even without Cavani and Ronaldo. It's damning.

Either show up and put in the effort and sacrifices for the greater good or get the feck out. Simple.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Hes been here for 10 years, played 487 games, and some still thinks he has the right to call some people out or speaking out on how bad this season has been?

Give him a good defense and wont be any worse then any other PL goalkeeper stopping balls, passing is not his strong side but he is our biggest problem to replace, to be honest i dont even know which other position is safer then his (Ronaldo is the only one close to him).

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I have a problem with something he's said there. "Those who want to stay can stay."

I bet there are some chancers in the squad who'd be happy to stay, keep their association to the club for their media profile whilst they collect their wages doing the minimum and not living up to expectations.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s also talking about “injured” players I assume.
Suspect so too. Lingard been ill quite a few times, then has a strop when not graced with an adieu at OT. Pogba decided to take it easy after a few minutes at Anfield. Cavani missing in action all season.

roonster09

Scout
David was 5 years ago and the point is he had conducted himself and challenged himself even after getting paid and knowing he didn't get back to Spain
Also that "De Gea wanted to go to Spain" is just a poor point. He didn't, he could have left on free transfer and he he didn't. He signed new contract to spend almost his entire career at ManUtd.

People gave a go at players for answering like robots coming up with trained bs, on the other hand few are losing their shit because player who knows better than anyone calls out the team for being so shit.

edcunited1878

Also that "De Gea wanted to go to Spain" is just a poor point. He didn't, he could have left on free transfer and he he didn't. He signed new contract to spend almost his entire career at ManUtd.

People gave a go at players for answering like robots coming up with trained bs, on the other hand few are losing their shit because player who knows better than anyone calls out the team for being so shit.
When a player says anything like David did, and it's at the end of the season, people get twisted the wrong way. We all see this is the truth. But then when the Sun or Express twist a sentence and mix it with words from a month ago to suit their agenda, people lose all reading comprehension. And feel like that is gospel.

I just have time for a player like David. He's had his ups and downs like all players, but mostly ups and people just discard him. It's their option yeah, but it is disrespectful at the same time. He carries himself well and tries his best, wears the shirt with pride.

roonster09

Scout
When a player says anything like David did, and it's at the end of the season, people get twisted the wrong way. We all see this is the truth. But then when the Sun or Express twist a sentence and mix it with words from a month ago to suit their agenda, people lose all reading comprehension. And feel like that is gospel.

I just have time for a player like David. He's had his ups and downs like all players, but mostly ups and people just discard him. It's their option yeah, but it is disrespectful at the same time. He carries himself well and tries his best, wears the shirt with pride.
Yeah, he has ups and downs, most probably he won't be first choice in couple of seasons of ETH sticks to his philosophy without compromise but all that wont change anything. De Gea has been very good player for us and has every right to call out the players. He is part of dressing room so he knows what's happening better than anyone

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just a Wan Bissaka making slide tackles on the line.

No other aspect of ability or work ethic.