De Gea Signs New Contract to 2023 (+1)

AceUnited

That is a great news, With the contract talks behind him he will be able to concentrate on his game and show everyone that he is one of the best keepers in the world.

One less thing to worry about for the next transfer window.

CM

Well I hope this is the catalyst for him regaining his form and getting back to the level he was at, otherwise this could be a long four years.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That'll do me.

Funny how I no longer feel like slagging him off for recent mistakes now, eh? :lol:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Good news, hopefully he can build on last week's performance. Glad it's not long contract so we can still sell if he doesn't improve.
We all knew he will sign a new contract, that is why he played the way he did.
End of last season, when he made some big mistakes while his head was not on the pitch, we won't see those any time soon.

Raw

It's not that long its a 3+1 year deal It's not like it's a 6 year deal.
Yeah that's a decent length. Perhaps in 1 or 2 years time, Henderson will be ready to take over. Problem is, do we just keep loaning him to Sheffield United until then?

Chresta

Fantastic news this!

Also gives confidence about what is happening in the team and what Ole and the coaching staff are doing... Always nice when a quality player believes in and commits to the team.

stepic

good news.

let's re-sign Pogba and Gomes too and then start filling out our other problem areas.

Yeah that's a decent length. Perhaps in 1 or 2 years time, Henderson will be ready to take over. Problem is, do we just keep loaning him to Sheffield United until then?
I would loan him next season or potentially sell with a buy back clauses.

Deery

Dreary
Good news hopefully he pulls off some more super Dave saves soon.

zenith

Great news.

Maybe a shiny new defence in front of him has played a part in convincing him to stay. That's Ofcourse in addition to a bumper pay rise

Sp00ks11

One of only 2 world class players at United has committed his long-term future to us, fantastic news. Will crack open a bottle of my favourite beer to celebrate this news.

Teja

Good stuff! If we manage to convince Pogba to sign a new deal (and Gomes while we're at it), I'd be very happy with how the transfer funds have been invested this season. That's not to say we shouldn't have spent more, just that the ins and outs and how we've spent money is reasonable.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Nice one Dave, cut out the mistakes if you can and get back to saving us every week please

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Can't say I expected this to actually happen after all the back and forth but I have to say that Dave had behaved admirably during it all and never seemed to actively seek out the press etc.

He s been with us through the last extreme highs and through some (for this club) extreme lows. To think he s still only 28 is awesome and hopefully means he ll still have plenty of years to hopefully relive the moments where we peak. Deserves to go down as a club great.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fecking boom. Absolutely buzzing. I've said it in the past but I firmly believe now his future is all resolved he will be back to his imperious best. Brilliant news.

AaronRedDevil

I've no idea how hes still here. Normally they just move. Even if he's getting paid the same. Glad he's staying, one of the best and don't have to worry about replacing him. Saving United 80m for a new gk for now

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I never expected De Gea to stay with us into his 30s. Until last season’s dramatic loss of form made it obvious he would.

Last edited:

neilv93

This is fantastic news. I have nothing but absolute respect for David. Not only is he a legitimate world-class GK and arguably THE best in the world but he's continually given us his loyalty and best years when no one could begrudge him a move to one of Europe's title-chasing teams. We're lucky to have him.

3KDré

I think this will be a mistake. I hope not, but I think it will be.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When Young leaves yes, he could easily have another year in him though (ya know the turd that wont flush and all that)
Yeah, I meant on the field captain as Young wont play when everyone is fit.

Also Defense is more or less set now with De Gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire and Shaw.

Red Star One

He's not in as good form as he was few years ago, but still top top keeper. Stayed in the club much longer than I could've hoped for considering he was arguably the best GK in the world for quite a few seasons. Brilliant news and Dave is on his path to becoming a true legend here.