De Gea Signs New Contract to 2023 (+1)

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
They haven't seen him week in week out in the league.
Probably going off a bad world cup.
Yep. The DDG we see week in week out has been unrecognisable to me whenever i've seen him play for Spain in tournaments.

Denis79

I know there are mixed feelings about this, I for one am delighted he renewed his contract.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Fitchett

Great news! More stability for the team. Let's hope he gets back to his best form now that this is sorted.

AJ10

It's funny how everyone's changed their tune now he's signed a new contract.

De Gea has routinely let in saveable shots over the past 18 months but occasionally pulls out a worldie, that doesn't make him the best goal keeper or shot stopper in the league or even close to. I presume you watched the Crystal Palace match where he was beaten at his near post? Or the Arsenal game last season where Xhaka shot was right down his throat but he failed to save it? There's been loads of instances at the end of last season and you could even argue he cost us a top 4 spot in the end.

On his day he is brilliant but let's not get carried away and start claiming he's the best shot stopper in the world. Just because he's signed a contract and you want it to be true doesn't mean it is.
Another crap post from you, 18 months? :lol: This number seems to be going up, next it will be 5 years.

He cost us top 4?... he was part of it sure but are we going to ignore other players?

Nothing to do with signing a contract, He's a brilliant shot stopper better than Alison and Ederson at that.... Some of our fans have memory of a gold fish or some like you also include making stuff up like 18 months.

That bold part is possibly the most idiotic thing you posted today, Beats your previous comment. So well done.

90 + 5min

Signing DeGea to a long contract is very good thing. It really seems that club is on good way. Last couple of weeks show that. Whatever the wages are it is better to sign him up instead of buying new keeper that would cost us more (sign on fee, contract, transfer fee).

What people should understand is that this is not only good for the team. It is important for the club to show the football world our ambition. Yes, he hasn't been himself last year but he has started well this year.

romufc

Another crap post from you, 18 months? :lol: This number seems to be going up, next it will be 5 years.

He cost us top 4?... he was part of it sure but are we going to ignore other players?

Nothing to do with signing a contract, He's a brilliant shot stopper better than Alison and Ederson at that.... Some of our fans have memory of a gold fish or some like you also include making stuff up like 18 months.

That bold part is possibly the most idiotic thing you posted today, Beats your previous comment. So well done.
I was critical of DDG because it seemed the contract situation affected his performances. But there is no doubt he is an excellent shot stopper, probably the best in the world.

Yes he made mistakes but like I said at the end of last season he has enough good will from over the years where he has single handedly got us points for the fans to support him when he is struggling.

This weekend it seemed he was back to his best and hopefully that continues.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
There is still a great GK in there somewhere. Hope the club bring in good coaching staffs to work with him both on his mental and physical side. Good showing against Leicester. He still young for a gk hopefully all is settled now and put the worst season behind his back. He can push forward for captainship. Wanted him to leave but now that he signed, will cheer him on once again. Onwards and upwards dave!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just had a glance through his post history, at least 70% of his total posts are dedicated to arguing De Gea is overrated. The hell is that all about? :eek:
WUM/Troll maybe.

Apparently ManUtd fan whose only contribution is shitting on ManUtd's best player for years.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
First it was the last few months of last season he was poor.

Then it was a year.

Then someone said it has actually been 18 months

Now i'm reading that he's been poor for two years!

Andersons Dietician

Having watched the trailer they launched to go with his signing I feel like they missed a trick by not having him sitting on a throne on the goal line counting wads of cash maybe making it rain on some peasants like Lingard or something.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
WUM/Troll maybe.

Apparently ManUtd fan whose only contribution is shitting on ManUtd's best player for years.
You can argue De Gea's form has deteriorated since his contract issues sure but to argue he's always been overrated for years has to be a wum.

dev1l

Just had a glance through his post history, at least 70% of his total posts are dedicated to arguing De Gea is overrated. The hell is that all about? :eek:
Maybe we should ask Dave if he remembers running over a cat in green and white hoops...:)

Andersons Dietician

Crazy people, did everyone forget his performance last season against Spurs? Single handedly pulled a Gandalf on them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Now all We need is Pogba to sign a new contract to cause uproar and hysteria after this brilliant news. :rolleyes:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On a sentimental level, I'm delighted. By quite some distance our outstanding player of this hellish decade, De Gea have should have long earned the affection and respect of any right-thinking United fan.

On a more pragmatic level, he really needs to rediscover his best form. I don't buy that his reflexes have dulled at such a young age, particularly as most of his errors over the last few months seem to have been down to concentration. The worry is that it isn't something as simple as the contract situation that caused this issue as the poor form started with a pretty dire world cup for Spain, which should presumably have been unaffected by his contract with us. If it's a more generalised confidence problem then it may linger yet.

Revan

Assumptionman
Great news. I still think that the loss of form was just temporary, he'll get back to top 3-5 keepers in the world in no time.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Looking back at when I first joined this forum I can honestly say United fans now are the worst, I dont remember reading half the shit back in 2005 when I joined that I do now
1) we were different team back then.
2) fans are more critical and desperate now.
3) we should bring back the old full member rules.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought some fans would learn something from Rooney's contract saga. And us when giving out Sanchez and Schweni, big players having bad season, a mega salary.

Meh..

Last edited:

Drawfull

Excellent news.

The excessive criticism of him and absurd overrating of other keepers because their defence did a good job just highlights the fly by night nature of fans.
The thing is he's being criticised for not commanding his box, or not being able to play out from the back but both of these were arguably true whilst he was in Matric mode.
Shut up twat
:lol::lol:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Just like Rooney, right?

And de Gea has been very average for at least 1 whole year, now. In my mind, past performances doesn't justify a huge jump in wages, if you've been performing bad for a whole year.

BTW - you feck off.
Enjoy your doom and gloom!

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Crazy people, did everyone forget his performance last season against Spurs? Single handedly pulled a Gandalf on them.
Ah, that was a vintage performance vs Spurs. We completely folded like a cheap suit that second half and if not for De Gea, would have got embarrassed.

Put some respect on his name. :drool:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Grates on me he holds the club to ransom, waits til there is months left on his contract and then posts on Twitter “There’s no place like home” when it’s announced. Its Bollocks. Just be truthful and say “Theres nothing like earning 400k a week after bonuses”.

That all said, i know its in his and his agents interest to sign the best possible deal but it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully with this in the past he can concentrate on his performances after a few shakey moments over the past 6 months or so. On his day he is one of the best in the world.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The thing is he's being criticised for not commanding his box, or not being able to play out from the back but both of these were arguably true whilst he was in Matric mode.
There's some fair criticism but a lot of people going over the top.

They haven't seen him week in week out in the league.
Probably going off a bad world cup.
Couldn’t really care less about his national team. It didn’t stop me thinking Steve Bruce was a top class CB, just because he never got a cap.

It’s what he does for us that matters, and he deserves some slack from ‘fans’ about his dip in form - it happens to most (human) footballers.

DDG doesn’t care about the keyboard warriors, the match going fans support him.

Caliban

David is a professional, and this `being valued by your club thingy - is now sorted out`

David would not have signed if he didn`t believe in the project - he just wouldn`t, that is non discussable!

Now, do your job and back your players, and give de Gea another warm welcome a GK needs confidence - back him!

PS. This also shows that Ole does not scare players off (according to plenty posts on redcaf and that he is not a complete weirdo `sarcasm`)

I like de Gea, he is likable - this Man Utd team starts to be very likable (end the mercenaries), and like someone famous once said, the GK is half the team!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I don't want to believe that him committing won't turn out to be anything less than great news. Hopefully we see him play more like he did at the weekend than the previous 12 months.

davidmichael

Basically a no lose situation for us as if now he’s got the contract situation out of his mind and can focus on football again he’ll get back to being the best keeper in the world again, if he doesn’t and we sell him we won’t shortchange ourselves as he’s under long term contract.

Definitely a positive step forward though as alongside Pogba De Gea is our only genuine world class player and it shows players believing we’re headed in the right direction, hopefully now we can sign Pogba to a new deal too as well as Gomes and Chong then we can fully focus on bringing in the new players needed to really push on.