De Gea's kicking

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He can barely make the half-way line. Just pitiful.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s just an ordinary goalkeeper at the moment.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Terrible distribution. Just giving the ball away all the time.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah, I could just post in the Ole thread rather than mentioning a flaw.
Flaw isn't all his. If you would have his POV you'd realize the limited options you have. The nr. 1 problem with this United team is that the off the ball movement is absolutely abysmal in every position.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Flaw isn't all his. If you would have his POV you'd realize the limited options you have. The nr. 1 problem with this United team is that the off the ball movement is absolutely abysmal in every position.
It is his, far too many times he's not even reaching past the half way line. Okay, options aren't there but stop passing it to opposition 30 yards from the box. Boot it. He kicks like a child when he's pressed.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It is his, far too many times he's not even reaching past the half way line. Okay, options aren't there but stop passing it to opposition 30 yards from the box. Boot it. He kicks like a child when he's pressed.
How many times have our kicks to the front 3 resulted in us keeping possession? Our front 3 are cones on the pitch when we've got the ball at the back. Doesn't make much of a difference if the opposition gets the ball at the half way line or slightly in their own half.

Judas

Open to offers
Eh said it when everyone was giddy about him signing a new contract his overall play leaves so much to be desired, he's so far behind other top goalkeepers with what he does with the ball, and thats ignoring his other flaws. We've now spending an absolute fortune on him in typical modern Utd fashion too.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
What I find incredibly frustrating is how we insist on trying to play it out from the back like we are a prime Barcelona, only to put ourselves in trouble and then the ball inevitably gets played back to DDG who just terribly hoofs it up the pitch anyway.

This seems to happen a lot.

ExecutionerWasp001

As i find myself thinking alot ''what are they working on at the training ground''. DDG's kicking has been a weak part of his game for many years yet there's been no improvement.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He actually used to be decent at distributing the ball. He's definitely had some assists or assist of assists. Don't know what happened to it. Seems a mixture of him and not having the options up the pitch.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
DDG's never had good kicking.

In fact pretty much all facets of DDG's game - bar actual shot-stopping - range from bad to OK... it's just his actual-shot stopping was so unbelievably good that it didn't matter.

Now that it isn't as good... it's starting to matter.

Dr Fink

Although an issue, this is not high up on our list of current problems............there's way, way more pressing issues. Now if we could only play out from the back like all the other good teams, then we wouldn't be complaining. But you have to have comfortable-on-the-ball defenders and lots of movement to do that don't you? FFS......

cyberman

A lot has been made of keeper distribution but im not seeing much playing out through the back from the keeper anymore? It seems to have been a fad with a really small window.
Allison barely touches the ball during a game

Revaulx

DDG's never had good kicking.

In fact pretty much all facets of DDG's game - bar actual shot-stopping - range from bad to OK... it's just his actual-shot stopping was so unbelievably good that it didn't matter.

Now that it isn't as good... it's starting to matter.
He only really started hoofing it long under Jose. The hoofs almost disappeared in Ole's early days and it's really disappointing that they've returned.

His all-round game steadily improved in his first few seasons here. It has certainly regressed significantly since Franz Hoek was sacked.

DoomSlayer

He's bad in almost everything right now. Shocking performances from a player that was supposed to be captain and a very experienced player. No wonder he was stripped of the captaincy and even Rashford is getting it now instead of De Gea.

Dr Fink

He's bad in almost everything right now. Shocking performances from a player that was supposed to be captain and a very experienced player. No wonder he was stripped of the captaincy and even Rashford is getting it now instead of De Gea.
He probably got fed up of actually punching above his weight performance-wise when the the shower of sh*te in front of him couldn't be bothered (like Rashford first half last night).

DoomSlayer

He probably got fed up of actually punching above his weight performance-wise when the the shower of sh*te in front of him couldn't be bothered (like Rashford first half last night).
Then give up his wages, resign and get the feck out of here. I'm sure that Romero and Henderson would be more than proud to play for the badge and give 200% effort.

Dr Fink

Then give up his wages, resign and get the feck out of here. I'm sure that Romero and Henderson would be more than proud to play for the badge and give 200% effort.
I was joking............but in fairness after playing out of his skin (arguably) for several years, could you blame him? I think even Jordan Henderson (nevermind Dean) would do better at the moment.

dove

His kicking is not great but our positioning is so bad that finding a good passing/kicking option is like finding a needle in a haystack. It applies not only to him but to all our team.

OleTheGreat

I think he is trying to emulate other keepers in the game right now because Ole wants him to play it out from the back. Lindelof sent in some delicious passes into the midfield yesterday but we couldn't capitalize on them. I think it's great that De Gea wants to play the ball on the ground for once but I don't think we play Matic, Fred, and Pogba in midfield with each other. Matic has really proved his worth since coming back from the injury. He's bossed the midfield when in possession but he's awful out of possession and that's a real concern in the modern game. I want a player like Busquets who is really smart with his position and making amazing turns under pressure. That Lingard and Periera creep me out. I think De Gea just needs to hit the ball long and hope for our forwards and midfielders to win the second ball. He's not so good under pressure but I think he will improve with time because we can always move away from him and into the opponent half more often so he can easily pass it to one of the CBs and get the ball rolling. Right now, we're so slow in possession, it pains me! De Gea's still one of the best between the sticks and nobody is gonna take that away from him, EVER!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He improved a lot when Hoek was around but lost everything within months of his departure.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I distinctly remember a kick landing not far from the penality box at the other end. The commentator said something to the affect of, ' he's kicked that long, very long.'

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
For me, how good a keeper is with the ball at his feet is nothing more than a bonus. He's paid to stop the ball from going in the net and that's my biggest concern. And unfortunately, he hasn't been doing very well in that department. And with De Gea starting yesterday, it makes me wonder if perhaps Romero will get the nod on the weekend. he has more than earned the chance to prove himself in the league...

AshRK

He has been a great servant and is still a great shot stopper but we should have let him go or should let him go and bring in someone who is good with distribution and his feet. He is too passive in the box. May be far fetched but he could have read the situation better for the second goal. He was stuck on his feet when the pass to mahrez was made.

Overall not been too impressed with him for past one year.

Acole9

Outstanding
The back passes didn't help, the defence were doing them as soon as the match started.

Canagel

He is not very good. Weak command of the box , weak in the air, no communication with his defence and awful distributing. And he even drops the ball into his net from time to time. Yet he is untouchable in this club for some reason..