Dead Drafters Society

Watching modern games as well or just games pre 2000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Guys, too busy with family stuff at the moment, I'll pick it up again when that's through.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
yeah, also forgot to watch edgars but like the first time, again people not participating. RIP thread

Šjor Bepo

thought of opening a new thread but reckon its better to keep this baby alive <3

As all know im doing my Rijkaard/Carlos thing in order to properly asses their quality considering from casual watching before the reputation didnt match the performance levels. Whats even better is that you watch so many games over the time that you spot some other players that are also over or under rated so its an interesting process.
Just thought maybe someone else could be interested in doing this as well and maybe we all share opinions here? Reckon we all have time to watch 1 game per week? or just post whenever you finish your viewing....contrary to dead drafters we dont need to watch same games nor same players, anyone can watch what they want and share their opinions here afterwards. Idea is to pick a player and watch their games from a peak period against good opposition.

IMO would be brilliant if people get involved so we all learn a bit more about certain players!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Maybe. I won't commit but I'll try to post a review from time to time.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Happy to chip in a semi-regular review. Unlikely to be the same player but.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Any other sites than Footballia? They have put some behind a paywall now.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I'm thinking of two options:

1) picking up my long-time & unfinished Gerd Müller project again. Part of it was making a tactical summary + individual stats of every available full game. Already did this for most games years ago, but I think I'd need to do it again, as stats need to be more in line with Opta criteria to be of any use.

2) Facchetti - how did he really balance offense & defense, how was his actual role inside the Inter/Italy backlines - maybe some check of draft superman status is in order, whatever the outcome?

Any preferences from the drafters? Not that I have much spare time atm, but that's the next problem...

Šjor Bepo

I'm thinking of two options:

1) picking up my long-time & unfinished Gerd Müller project again. Part of it was making a tactical summary + individual stats of every available full game. Already did this for most games years ago, but I think I'd need to do it again, as stats need to be more in line with Opta criteria to be of any use.

2) Facchetti - how did he really balance offense & defense, how was his actual role inside the Inter/Italy backlines - maybe some check of draft superman status is in order, whatever the outcome?

Any preferences from the drafters? Not that I have much spare time atm, but that's the next problem...

smell a fraud in facchetti so id rather you go there :D

harms

Staff
Any other sites than Footballia? They have put some behind a paywall now.
The "master feature" shows you their position in the game. The game itself is still available to watch for free

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The "master feature" shows you their position in the game. The game itself is still available to watch for free
Yep, seems so.

Although "full access to catalogue" appears to be a "master feature" - not sure what this means. As far as I can tell, you can access all matches just as before (without signing up for the "master" thing).

I'm kinda tempted to try a "master" subscription just to check out what the features actually are. But it doesn't look all that impressive at first glance, I gotta say.

ETA I wouldn't mind paying 20 Euros for 12 months if it means access to exclusive (as in: not available to non-paying users) content: It's a good resource and I don't mind supporting it with a few bob. But what I'm after is the match footage, and if I can access all of that without paying...well, there you are: no real incentive to spend money if these "features" are just junk you don't really need: Dark mode, create your own playlists and: randomizer! Yeah, I really need that. It's not Spotify, ffs.

Last edited:

harms

Staff
I'm kinda tempted to try a "master" subscription just to check out what the features actually are. But it doesn't look all that impressive at first glance, I gotta say.
I was a paid subscriber at some point but if I remember correctly it was out of the goodness of my heart, there weren't any additional features at that point. They've added formations to some games that you can only see if you're a member and the search function is slightly upgraded but nothing vital.

Can't even subscribe to them now with Russia being cut away from SWIFT :(

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Can't even subscribe to them now with Russia being cut away from SWIFT :(
Ah, yes - that sucks.

Was talking about this the other day with a Russian acquaintance of mine (in the context of record collecting) - he's pretty much fecked at the moment in terms of ordering stuff from abroad: Visa/Mastercard/PayPal etc.