Gaming Dead Space Remake - PC/PS5/Series X

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just been announced at EA Play Live. Absolutely love the original so looking forward to this. Current gen only as well, which is exciting.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
After what they did with 2 and 3, I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to this.
Didn't mind the second one. Actually, I liked it quite a bit. The third one though they absolutely botched. Terrible.

Siorac

That's not the remake I wanted to see announced at EA Play :(

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah the second was passable for me, but the dumbing had started.

1 was a masterpiece though, I really loved that game.
Yep. The best horror game ever for me. Just incredible and it holds up relatively well to this day.

Irwin99

Never got into this surprisingly. The first game had a mute protagonist, right? Wonder if they'll change that aspect.

AaronRedDevil

The first one was amazing! Absolutely loved that game. Surprised they’ve never made a 2nd, although maybe the fact they followed up the original with Def Jam Icons which was garbage had something to do with it.
Yeah that was horrible. But now is the perfect time. All these horrific music artist today. Imagine smashing the Biebers, Cardi B and all the lil’s heads into a wall. That’s already 1m copies sold right there. Plus they could have a legends section with Tupac, Biggie, Dre, Eminem etc. Now more then ever we need that game. FFNY was epic.

Ramos

Absolutely loved the first one. This and Bioshock were my favorites of the seventh generation.

Some nice background info about making the first game:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So absolutely no microtransactions at all apparently. This is what the senior producer says:

We're looking at what can be taken and reinjected into the first game from a future standpoint. We're also learning from mistakes such as microtransactions, which we will not have, for instance, in our game.
I'll believe it when I see it.

"We don't have microtransactions, but we do have...surprise mechanics!"

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I would believe it. They had an open goal for microtransactions with Mass Effect's multiplayer and they didn't put it in.

Ainu

It's hardly worthy of applause. Shoehorning microtransactions into a remake of a game that didn't have it in the first place would be an appalling move. That it even has to be mentioned is a sad state of affairs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dunno how I feel about this. Maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me but feels as though the original looked too good/recent to be remade. Feels like a game that should be remade in 2030.

Woodzy

Dunno how I feel about this. Maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me but feels as though the original looked too good/recent to be remade. Feels like a game that should be remade in 2030.
I don’t know, lighting makes a huge difference in horror games and if you look at the screenshot posted above then you can see how good it’s looking.

I know they were older games, but the biggest reason the RE2 and RE3 remakes were so good IMO was the lighting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don’t know, lighting makes a huge difference in horror games and if you look at the screenshot posted above then you can see how good it’s looking.

I know they were older games, but the biggest reason the RE2 and RE3 remakes were so good IMO was the lighting.
Thing is RE2 original and remakes are worlds apart - the visuals, the perspective , everything. This one seems to be a graphical upgrade rather than a transformation which is exepected when the game isnt that old.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Thing is RE2 original and remakes are worlds apart - the visuals, the perspective , everything. This one seems to be a graphical upgrade rather than a transformation which is exepected when the game isnt that old.
IMO Japanese developers do remakes better. There's always something different and they build on aspects of modern game design to offer a fresh experience that doesn't just feel like they had an IP lying around they could make money off. Some that spring to mind - MGS Twin Snakes, Resident Evil 1+2+3, Link's Awakening, FFVII Remake, Yakuza Kiwami, Shadow of the Colossus(!), Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, Demons Souls, etc.

I suppose from a Western perspective Sony tend to do a fairly decent job - GoT (if that counts) and Ratchet+Clank.

Actually explains a lot

Don't take this seriously pls

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I am looking forward to this. Never played the original but heard good things (well I think I may have started it but never played much of it).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I am looking forward to this. Never played the original but heard good things (well I think I may have started it but never played much of it).
The best horror game of all time for me - It's incredible. The atmosphere and setting are so good.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It should be some game if they don’t wander too far from the original. It really was a great game, very atmospheric and scary. Fingers crossed they don’t bugger around with it too much beyond graphics.

evil_geko

Looking good...

Don't know where from this screenshot of the original is but it doesn't give it justice at all, original still looks great.

Still think it's too early for a remake. BUT, if it is successful and brings new sequels, I am all for that.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Will be very interested to see how it fares against Callisto Protocol, which is released a month earlier. Will be playing both :D

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Anyone buying this?
Played the original not too long ago and it still holds up relatively well in its gameplay, visuals and especially sound design.
And, as impressive as this looks, I don't think there's any real reason for me to buy this anytime soon, even if it does get favourable reviews/views across the board.