Gaming Dead Space Remake - PC/PS5/Series X

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
FFS, I ordered my copy from Game (due to a deal) and I don't think it's going to get here to saturday!

And that kids, is why you never use game.

I knew it would get great reviews.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Purchased the digital copy this morning thinking I'd be able to jump straight in but it's still six hours or so before I can play. Annoying.

Must be anochered to the release time in the States.

Irwin99

Have you completed it yet @Irwin99 ?

mines downloaded and ready to play so will be starting after work.
errr...how long is this game? :nervous:

Just inserted the disc and will probably give it a few hours tonight. Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about :D

Irwin99

Just finished chapter one and yeah, so far so good. Smooth, pretty tense at times and nice atmosphere. Only negative is a very minor one in that i'm not seeing anything graphically that the PS4 couldn't do, but that's not really much of anything in terms of criticism.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
@esmufc07 You little shite, I've now bought this and will play it.

If it's not amazing, just like the last few games you recommended weren't, I shall be forced to post a certain tweet that nailed you more than myself or even Weaste could over and over.

This doesn't bode well for you:

Just finished chapter one and yeah, so far so good. Smooth, pretty tense at times and nice atmosphere. Only negative is a very minor one in that i'm not seeing anything graphically that the PS4 couldn't do, but that's not really much of anything in terms of criticism.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's dead space, it's a great game already. I can't wait to replay this as it's been over a decade and I loved literally everything about the og game. It can wait though...

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I’m nearly done with chapter 3, really enjoying it so far. I hate those little cnuts that move fast, even when I try to throw a stasis at them. cnuts.
I'm on Chapter 3 myself. I never played the original and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm playing on hard and it is a good challenge. There was one bit in a lab that went into lockdown until I killed all the monsters and it felt like there was an unending charge of those mutant freaks. I just got the saw weapon and its ripping apart enemies.

afrocentricity

Is it still anxiety inducing or are we desensitized nowadays?

Irwin99

Really enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's super scary but it's tense and because i'm a newbie to the series i keep making silly mistakes (not utilizing the time slow down enough).

On Chapter 4. Already had a potential plot twist ruined for me but i guess it's my fault for not playing the original, it's a 15 year old spoiler now after all :lol: .

RUUD_10_LEGEND

I caved in and bought it when it's usually my style to wait for a sale. I had 30 quid of Steam vouchers from Xmas either way, so that's gobbled up a large part of the cost. Now, can I bring myself to wait until I finish High on Life to play it...

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm loving this game, so far. It helps that i hardly remember the og but this is great stuff.

Woodzy

Never played the original so first time playthrough for me. Yeh, this is stressful as feck.

Woodzy

Just got to a little section where I have to either remove the fuse from the lights or elevator to open a locked door and noped the feck out of the game. Anxiety through the roof playing this, they nailed the sound (although I assume it's the same as the original).

RedDevilRoshi

Tempted to pick this up. Never played the original. I take it it’s a similar sort of game to Callisto Protocol but obviously a lot better?

afrocentricity

Just got to a little section where I have to either remove the fuse from the lights or elevator to open a locked door and noped the feck out of the game. Anxiety through the roof playing this, they nailed the sound (although I assume it's the same as the original).
:drool:

Irwin99

Finished! Excellent game. Never played the original but this was a really good game in its own right without having anything to compare it with.

9 out of 10 :drool:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Just about to start this after promising myself not to spend €80 and wait for it to drop in price

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It's a great game! I know that's a lot of cash for a single player but it's a good one.
Onto 3rd stage now. Really taking my time with it / it’s terrifying so I’m creeping around the game.