Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardozo

More than likely if we pay him £100k and loan him out for £50k/wk it’s basically £2.5m to keep him on the books. With an extended contract that sees him in line for the number 1 spot upon his return...

Stretender

Ofcourse Henderson... but De Gea is a unsellable now. Who would pay 350k to a declining keeper? Henderson should be our number 1 next year. But if he can't be... why now sell him now, invest in the team with that money. For eg if we only have a budget for Sancho, may be after selling Henderson we are able to buy Upamecano or Grealish too. It is not like Henderson has played for us. We are doing fine with De Gea and Romero, can do just fine for couple more years.
I get you brother but why not Romero? Henderson is certainly not better than a goalkeeper who plays for Argentina. I think people are getting carried away by Henderson. I agree De Gea may be declining but I would consider Oblak before Henderson or Romero before Henderson. Henderson needs to prove himself with one more stint at a premier league club. He will be good one day but you don't want someone to have their career ended at such a young age, because at United he will not be given time for any mistake he makes.

Renegade

I get you brother but why not Romero? Henderson is certainly not better than a goalkeeper who plays for Argentina. I think people are getting carried away by Henderson. I agree De Gea may be declining but I would consider Oblak before Henderson or Romero before Henderson. Henderson needs to prove himself with one more stint at a premier league club. He will be good one day but you don't want someone to have their career ended at such a young age, because at United he will not be given time for any mistake he makes.
Romero hasn’t been Argentina number 1 for a while now I believe.

Jibbs

Why would you help strengthen a direct table rival when it's clear he's your contracted player? United overpaid in money and term length for their own player, that's on Woodward and Judge, not the manager(s). But what did happen was that there's at least one year of overlap between DDG and Henderson. Henderson's current contract is through June 2022 with an option to extended through June 2023. DDG's current and probably last contract with the club is through June 2023, with an option to extend through June 2024.

Henderson getting a revised/updated contract would represent his ascendancy to co-number 1 with DDG or at least the immediate successor of DDG within 1 or 2 years.

Romero's contract ends June 2021...he's definitely the odd man out, unless he stays on to provide cover for Dean Henderson with DDG leaving within a year or 2.
It is not like we won't get paid for it. If we can extract more than 50m from Chelsea, they won't be able to get one more outfield player and we will be able to buy one more, plus it is not like we will be loosing one of our starting players. He will spend couple more seasons at least out on loan anyways. If we can invest the amount received from his sale in lets say Sancho + Grealish or Upamecano, we instantly improve our side. Two years is more than enough time to evaluate and sign number of goalkeepers.

Jibbs

Because we need improvements in the team now, which can only happen by generating more than 50m in funds. Also, even if we sell Romero, who will be our 2nd choice keeper, certainly Henderson with his sight on euros won't settle for part time role. And for how much can we sell Romero anyways... 5 to 10 m max.

Stretender

Because we need improvements in the team now, which can only happen by generating more than 50m in funds. Also, even if we sell Romero, who will be our 2nd choice keeper, certainly Henderson with his sight on euros won't settle for part time role. And for how much can we sell Romero anyways... 5 to 10 m max.
You don't need to sell Henderson to generate 50 million. Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Jones, Rojo and Smalling can generate 50 million altogether. Handerson should continue with his development. Give him a contract, loan him out to Chelsea. Let Chelsea pay his wages while he develops for us.Pressure is less at Chelsea than at United . He can not be worrying about England. He doesn't fit Southgate's idea of a sweeper keeper. I don't think Southgate is dying to call him up. He ditched Smalling on those grounds.

edcunited1878

It is not like we won't get paid for it. If we can extract more than 50m from Chelsea, they won't be able to get one more outfield player and we will be able to buy one more, plus it is not like we will be loosing one of our starting players. He will spend couple more seasons at least out on loan anyways. If we can invest the amount received from his sale in lets say Sancho + Grealish or Upamecano, we instantly improve our side. Two years is more than enough time to evaluate and sign number of goalkeepers.
I don't think you're also including the narrative of United bringing up their own number 1 throughout the English game/tiers, and being, we think, the England number 1 at the same.

United have put in a lot of time and careful loan efforts to ensure Henderson grows and improves. He's deserved a shot at being number 1 and United aren't going to sell him to raise funds for other players. Unless some team comes in a makes a huge bid for Henderson, who still has to accept a deal because he really, really wants to be the number 1 for United, then Henderson will be at United and have the first cracks at unseating DDG.

edcunited1878

You don't need to sell Henderson to generate 50 million. Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Jones, Rojo and Smalling can generate 50 million altogether. Handerson should continue with his development. Give him a contract, loan him out to Chelsea. Let Chelsea pay his wages while he develops for us.Pressure is less at Chelsea than at United . He can not be worrying about England. He doesn't fit Southgate's idea of a sweeper keeper. I don't think Southgate is dying to call him up. He ditched Smalling on those grounds.
What English sweeper keeper are you talking about? Henderson was called up to England's NT already the past season and is competing with Pickford and Pope.

Regardless of the pressure at Chelsea being less, more, or equal to United....United aren't going to loan out a good player to a direct rival in Chelsea. That's ridiculous and insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.