Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Is Henderson better than De Gea right now? Not a chance. Would it be a risk to replace De Gea with Henderson. Absolutely. However would we be a better team if we sold De Gea and bought a CB or DM with the money? For example - is Koulibaly or Partey + Henderson better than De Gea and our current DM and Defence. I would say yes.
Lots of ifs and buts. And yes ut would take more cash to get Koulibaly but Im just talking round about hypothetical fees.
Also weigh in the risk of loosing Henderson and the possibility that De Gea keeps declining.
Thats one of the hardest parts —when to sell. And historicaly we have been sht at this. Keeping players for too long, carrying them for years, then selling for next to nothing. We need to make the right decision.
I'm not really sure you can say that. Obviously Henderson isn't as good as De Gea was at his best, but neither is De Gea anymore. So if we forget his best and just focus on their performances this season, there's a decent argument to say that Henderson has been better. Take it back to last season and it's probably even a stronger argument considering just how bad De Gea was especially for the last couple of months, although obviously Henderson was only in the Championship at the time.

Replacing De Gea with Henderson would be risky as we have no idea how well he'd handle the step up. But the same could be said for just about any keeper who isn't already fully established at a top club. Personally I'm not sure if he's the right option long-term as there are question marks over his distribution, but I do think the timing is right that he should be given the opportunity for a season or two and see how he goes.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I'd say it is fairly nailed on he'll go back to Sheffield United next season then if all goes well have the chance to be our #1 in 21/22.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Perfect situation. Let him have another season in a good team, then challenge De Gea next year.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Are we allowed to loan him back to Sheffield United again next year? I thought there was a limitation for a player to be loaned to a club for more than 2 years in a row?

Impulse

Are we allowed to loan him back to Sheffield United again next year? I thought there was a limitation for a player to be loaned to a club for more than 2 years in a row?
No, that only applies to an individual loan deal. If he were to go out again to Sheffield United next season it would be a completely separate loan deal.

T_Model101

Loan deal finishes on 30th June
Question: Should we extend this with Sheffield Utd being rivals in the race for 4th?

macheda14

Question: Should we extend this with Sheffield Utd being rivals in the race for 4th?
FIFA/UEFA are looking at automatically extending everyone's deals until after the end of the postponed season. How they can do that, I do not know.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd be amazed if they're in the top 6 next season personally.

Alemar

He could start playing for the National team, and we would have seen then whether or not he is ready for Man Utd.

peridigm

Hearing we're extending his contract with 100k/wk wages? Has to be staying if true.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Hearing we're extending his contract with 100k/wk wages? Has to be staying if true.
Around that figure, apparently put us off due to us having to pay a large chunk of it for a loan.

dev1l

There were rumours that we were willing to loan him to a European club

L1nk

100k a week???? I see this club has learned absolutely nothing about overpaying players then, jesus 100k a week for what he hasn't even done anything for United yet, i must have missed the part where he became one of the worlds best keepers the last couple seasons

ti vu

He's better staying to challenge DDG, or this wage is as silly as it gets. Nobody would agree to pay him that wage to take him on loan. Us partially pay him wage on loan is just stupid.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The financial prudence of Woodward on the footballing side rears its ugly head

Bwuk

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell De Gea.

100k a week for a keeper who won’t play unless De Gea is injured is maddness.

Renegade

Who’s buying De Gea on his wages?
My bet is we loan Henderson to a European/EPL side who are willing to pay 100% of his 100k wage.

dev1l

We won't sell DeGea this year. Seems the club is trying to find Henderson another club to go on loan (Villa?).
If they don't find a club, Romero will move on and Henderson will come in as 2nd keeper.
That s my impression

Untd55

Who’s buying De Gea on his wages?
My bet is we loan Henderson to a European/EPL side who are willing to pay 100% of his 100k wage.
There are not many clubs outside the top sides that could pay £100k a week to a loan goalkeeper. It would not be a great idea to loan him to a top side as: (a) he may not get any playing time (b) if he does get a lot of playing time, it may turn his head away from us.

We will have to pay a lot of the wage if he is going to be loaned out. The question is, who is going to give time to a loan goalkeeper outside of Sheffield? It is a massive risk loaning a goalkeeper, especially on that wage.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Cannot understand this, 100k a week for an average Joe who's done nothing in the game

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
100k a week???? I see this club has learned absolutely nothing about overpaying players then, jesus 100k a week for what he hasn't even done anything for United yet, i must have missed the part where he became one of the worlds best keepers the last couple seasons
But he has done it with another good PL team.

Also this year is his last year contract with us. Maybe that has something to do with this "inflated" new wage. Just like Rashford and Martial who are on 200k & 250k/wk.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If it’s 100k a week to keep him just sell him.

No back up GK is worth those wages.

cyberman

But he has done it with another good PL team.

Also this year is his last year contract with us. Maybe that has something to do with this "inflated" new wage. Just like Rashford and Martial who are on 200k & 250k/wk.
Yeah, its 100k for a breakthrough keeper who looks quality or lose him to Chelsea in the near future.
Suddenly pretending 100k a week is big money just shows how our fanbase are just waiting to be offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.