Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

I can see him been loaned out next season, there isn’t much point been 3rd choice keeper at Utd.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's young and getting PL football. Another couple of seasons on loan will be fine. He's the long term England keeper I have no doubt.

Paul_Scholes18

He has been better than De Gea this year. Might be a big step up to play for us though. Much bigger pressure than playing for Sheffield, but I personally would sell De Gea and give this guy a run. Although I can't see anyone going for De Gea with his wages right now so we are stuck with him.

izec

He has been better than De Gea this year. Might be a big step up to play for us though. Much bigger pressure than playing for Sheffield, but I personally would sell De Gea and give this guy a run. Although I can't see anyone going for De Gea with his wages right now so we are stuck with him.
The moment to sell him is gone, that should have happened a while back. I think Dean will move on, he wont get a couple of loans. He wants to be a permanent fixture at a top club, so he wont stick around here. A better club will buy him, maybe abroad, and he will have a good career. He is strong mentally and pairs it well with his talent. If i was Spurs, Chelsea (Kepa was expensive though) or Arsenal, i would try to buy him, especially Spurs may need a new one depending on Lloris. There were also rumours of Bayern monitoring him to replace Neuer in the future, which would be great for him.

Paul_Scholes18

The moment to sell him is gone, that should have happened a while back. I think Dean will move on, he wont get a couple of loans. He wants to be a permanent fixture at a top club, so he wont stick around here. A better club will buy him, maybe abroad, and he will have a good career. He is strong mentally and pairs it well with his talent. If i was Spurs, Chelsea (Kepa was expensive though) or Arsenal, i would try to buy him, especially Spurs may need a new one depending on Lloris. There were also rumours of Bayern monitoring him to replace Neuer in the future, which would be great for him.
It would just be typical us to let him go for cheap and then end up doing great at another team. Our transfers have been so bloody bad for a long time.
It is our academy that is saving us really in general. Rashford and Mctominay is our two most important players right now and they are our own. Greenwood one for the future as well who is already doing pretty well. I love that our academy is so productive though.

IrishRedDevil

He signed a new Contract with us in the summer up to 2022. He has said he has aspirations to play for United and England. If he is sold, there is no doubt we will include a buyback clause.

AshRK

Surely he has to be our number 1 next season. Respect de gea but we surely need to sell him when we can get something for him and not less his value decrease. Also, we cannot afford to lose Henderson

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How much to sign this wonderkid?

OleGunnar20

Surely he has to be our number 1 next season. Respect de gea but we surely need to sell him when we can get something for him and not less his value decrease. Also, we cannot afford to lose Henderson
Can't see it happening but yeah, on merit he has to be in with a shout at least.

As much as I love De Gea, I still think last year would have been the right time to sell. Let's hope he makes me eat those words with a VDS style resurgence into his 30s.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He isn't better than De Gea. Not yet anyway. Some people are nuts.

izec

Can't see it happening but yeah, on merit he has to be in with a shout at least.

As much as I love De Gea, I still think last year would have been the right time to sell. Let's hope he makes me eat those words with a VDS style resurgence into his 30s.
Van der Sar didnt rely on his reflexes though, that's the thing. That is why he made it back, he had everything De Gea hasnt got and these things wont be easy to learn if he hasnt learned them by now. De Gea probably wont age well

El Zoido

Is it a bad sign that when I saw someone on the Festive Fixtures list say “that save from Henderson was De Gea-esq”, I immediately assumed he’d dropped a clanger.

Mickson

Well stats don't lie, this season he clearly has been well above DDG..
Maybe. I love Henderson, but it's also a classic where people wanted to get rid of VDS to get Foster in. Maybe Henderson has been doing fewer howlers, but his positioning for the goal against Watford, for example, is...questioning. And the Newcastle goal. And a few more. Henderson has a lot to learn. I don't think he's better than De Gea right now, but maybe in a few years. With that said, its not necessary a bad thing selling De Gea and using Henderson.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Not sure what happened with that second goal but top class tonight

arthurka

Maybe. I love Henderson, but it's also a classic where people wanted to get rid of VDS to get Foster in. Maybe Henderson has been doing fewer howlers, but his positioning for the goal against Watford, for example, is...questioning. And the Newcastle goal. And a few more. Henderson has a lot to learn. I don't think he's better than De Gea right now, but maybe in a few years. With that said, its not necessary a bad thing selling De Gea and using Henderson.
Not saying he is better either but if you are judging on form Henderson is in a much better form this season than DDG. I personally think our rebuild includes changing our GK type as DDG limitations are for all to see.

In Rainbows

If you were going to test out Henderson, there is no better time than next season. We would still have a fall back option in Romero, and a great youth keeper in Kovar. Much different than the situation before de Gea's acquisition where we were potentially screwed if it didn't work out.

OleGunnar20

Van der Sar didnt rely on his reflexes though, that's the thing. That is why he made it back, he had everything De Gea hasnt got and these things wont be easy to learn if he hasnt learned them by now. De Gea probably wont age well
Yep, agreed. But you never know ey.

SoCross

Maybe. I love Henderson, but it's also a classic where people wanted to get rid of VDS to get Foster in. Maybe Henderson has been doing fewer howlers, but his positioning for the goal against Watford, for example, is...questioning. he
Wait what, I can’t recall this? That’s just silly.

MAME DIOUF 32

I'd be totally comfortable going into next season with Henderson and Romero. Low risk, imo.

Bwuk

I'd rather have Henderson as a starter or back out on loan. He's too good and young to sit on the bench and never play.

izec

I hope rival means he gets a crack at the number one spot. For me, it should be open, rather than De Gea being the undisputed number one and Henderson trying to take it off him. Give the lad chances from the off if De Gea continues like this

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Suits me. Also I hope De Gea's bumper new contract isn't an obstacle to genuine competition between the two, if De Gea continues to under-perform into next season Henderson should get a chance as our number one.

SouthPredators4

Having Henderson to compete with DDG and Romero is overkill. I would rather sell DDG to raise funds for a LB or midfielder, considering we do not have a huge transfer kitty.

Based Adnan

Having Henderson to compete with DDG and Romero is overkill. I would rather sell DDG to raise funds for a LB or midfielder, considering we do not have a huge transfer kitty.
Sell De Gea to who? What club needs a keeper and is willing to match his 350k a week wage?

arthurka

We need to take a hard look at the situation can´t see how DDG and Henderson would work out, having two number ones won´t work even the mighty Klopp figured that out after a while.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Bayern? PSG? Juventus? Real?
Neuer/Nubel/seem to be doing fine with Szczęsny at the moment, then they've got Perin/Courtois.

I mean, I'm fine with Dean challenging DDG but this argument that Romero isn't seen as some sort of challenge himself is a load of bullshit. It looks like an excuse you'd hear from Ole not to play Romero ahead of DDG to avoid any confrontation/drama which is pretty fecking stupid.

izec

Bayern bought Nübel on a free. PSG have Navas, i dont think they are desperate to upgrade, would be more of a sideways move. Juve have Szczesny, who is doing very well, De Gea wouldn't make a lot of sense for them. Real are the only option for me, but even then i dont think they are that desperate for an expensive GK.

Based Adnan

Neuer has been in good form and Bayern have just signed Nubel on a free who is a great talent and also have another good talent Fruchtl on their books
Juventus have just renewed Szczęsny's contract making him top 10 paid players in Serie A
Real Madrid have Courtois and are currently having their best defensive season in the league since 1987/88

PSG is the only one and I'd argue that as things go he's a downgrade on Keylor Navas right now

In Rainbows

Any sale of de Gea would involve United having to eat some of the salary. This isn't a problem if Henderson is on a good contract for United compared to the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.