Current club:
Sheffield United
On Loan From:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2020​

Last edited:

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Think we might run with him and Romero if De Gea leaves this summer.

marktan

Both him and Tuanzabe really should be going back on loan to Villa and Sheffield. They're not going to start any games for us, and will play as a sub in very few too, so really makes no sense to disrupt the experience they've had in promoting those teams and so let them play 30 odd games as starters in the top flight.

If by chance either of them are with us, whoever's made that choice needs sacked. Axel I could maybe understand if we promote him, but he's got so many CB's in front of him it's unlikely.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Both him and Tuanzabe really should be going back on loan to Villa and Sheffield. They're not going to start any games for us, and will play as a sub in very few too, so really makes no sense to disrupt the experience they've had in promoting those teams and so let them play 30 odd games as starters in the top flight.

If by chance either of them are with us, whoever's made that choice needs sacked. Axel I could maybe understand if we promote him, but he's got so many CB's in front of him it's unlikely.
Axel can only go on loan to Villa for 6 months. I think rather than try and find him 2 loan clubs for the season we are either waiting to see what other teams do to reinforce their CB positions before finding a suitable PL loan, or we are going to start him on the tour and see what we have with him. I think he is a lot closer to the first team picture than what some people think though.

I would like both him and Dean to go to Sheffield United though, Wilder plays good stuff and Axel would get to develop his offensive game a lot under him, Wilder likes his RCB and LCB overlapping like full backs and supporting the attack like the old Cruyff Dream Team 3-4-3

marktan

Axel can only go on loan to Villa for 6 months. I think rather than try and find him 2 loan clubs for the season we are either waiting to see what other teams do to reinforce their CB positions before finding a suitable PL loan, or we are going to start him on the tour and see what we have with him. I think he is a lot closer to the first team picture than what some people think though.

I would like both him and Dean to go to Sheffield United though, Wilder plays good stuff and Axel would get to develop his offensive game a lot under him, Wilder likes his RCB and LCB overlapping like full backs and supporting the attack like the old Cruyff Dream Team 3-4-3
Why only 6 months?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A player can't be loaned to another club for more than 24 months without them now being obligated to buy them. Some rule change after the Chelsea/Vitesse Arnham saga.
I don't think that's true. We loaned Baba Rahman to Schalke for 2 and a half years (that ended this year) and Mario Palasic just agreed another year on loan at Atalanta (days after extending his contract at Chelsea) with an obligation to buy.

khoazany

A PL club can only loan maximum 1 player from another PL club...

Bwuk

He's been pretty open in the press about wanting a new contract before going back on loan to Sheffield. Very confident in his abilities with becoming United's #1 his main aim.
He’s got a great chance as well. If Dave doesn’t resign and leaves on a free next year, assuming Henderson has a good year with Sheffield he’ll get the number 1 shirt.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He’s got a great chance as well. If Dave doesn’t resign and leaves on a free next year, assuming Henderson has a good year with Sheffield he’ll get the number 1 shirt.
Yeah, I think that is how he sees things. He was great for Sheffield last season. A repeat of that in the Premier League would be great for his chances.

Web of Bissaka

Some reports stating he's joining the squad on tour soon.

Next week (more likely) or end of this week, we'll be seeing him performing.

EDIT: Apparently not.
"Young goalkeeper Dean Henderson has not travelled out to Singapore."
(United Official Website)

Last edited:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Why isn’t he at Sheffield United already? What benefit is there to keeping him here as third or fourth choice behind De Gea, Romero and Pereira?

I would accept no loan fee and pay his wages it it meant him being a starting premier league goalkeeper ffs. Is this just the club being greedy wanting a deal for him? Or are they considering him being number two with
Cup appearances? I would still rather the former.

pascell

Why isn’t he at Sheffield United already? What benefit is there to keeping him here as third or fourth choice behind De Gea, Romero and Pereira?

I would accept no loan fee and pay his wages it it meant him being a starting premier league goalkeeper ffs. Is this just the club being greedy wanting a deal for him? Or are they considering him being number two with
Cup appearances? I would still rather the former.
Apparently they're looking at Joe Hart as an alternative.

Mickson

I'm only guessing but I guess United are waiting for De Gea to sign a new contract. If he isn't, then maybe Hendo will stay.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Back at Sheffield Utd for the season. Good move.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Seems a bit pointless from his point of view, unless Sheff Utd couldn't afford to make him permanent. De Gea's contract renewal means he has no future here as a potential #1, might as well get out for good.

Good from our perspective as if he does well in the PL he increases his transfer fee and we get that instead of a bigger club possibly vuying him off Sheff Utd next summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He'd be pretty silly to sign a contract extension if De Gea does.
He is just 22. He will have plenty of time to be our #1. I think ideal condition is to sell him with buy back clause.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If De Gea doesn't improve on what he was last season then he could definitely win the job.

However, my guess is that form is temporary.

Web of Bissaka

I think the main reason has to do with Dean's contract.

United's hieararchy is "demanding" Dean and his agent to extend their contract first with us before joining Sheffield on loan.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think the main reason has to do with Dean's contract.

United's hieararchy is "demanding" Dean and his agent to extend their contract first with us before joining Sheffield on loan.
He's already signed it hasn't he?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is just 22. He will have plenty of time to be our #1. I think ideal condition is to sell him with buy back clause.
Sheffield don't have any money though, loan makes more sense to my mind. If they stay up they can go the buy with buyback route then if De Gea is still here.

Havak

Pokemon master
I expect we will still loan him back to Sheffield United for this season, it seems like the most sensible thing to do.

If de Gea does sign this new deal though, and there's no talk of Romero finally moving on any time soon, I think we will end up selling Dean. However, I expect we will have quite a low buyback clause in place regardless of who we sell him to.

Based Adnan

Done well today including a wonder save. Made a good save in the build up but could do nothing for the goal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Made a very good save before the goal as well, nothing he could do with the rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.