Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Would love if he became our #1. He has that captain personality.
If players from our youth system develop to their maximum potential (unlikely, I know) it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to field a starting 11 entirely made up of PL-level academy graduates.

izec

If players from our youth system develop to their maximum potential (unlikely, I know) it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to field a starting 11 entirely made up of PL-level academy graduates.
We have a great bunch of academy lads at the moment and our recruitment suggests that may go on in the future as well. I know people say that only a few make it traditionally, but i have a feeling currently if given chances, that more than usual could be part of our squad mid to long term.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Keep this up all season Deano and you'll definitely be our no. 1.

Classical Mechanic

Southgate has taken a shot at his arrogance by telling him he won't play in the seniors if he doesn't wind his neck in.

“I didn’t like the fact that our boys came off that and thought they were still the best team in the tournament,” Southgate said. “That can’t be the case. For me, it’s the biggest reminder that in the seniors we must always have humility. That’s a little bit down to their age. They’ve got to recognise it and learn from it.

Nickosaur

Southgate has taken a shot at his arrogance by telling him he won't play in the seniors if he doesn't wind his neck in.

“I didn’t like the fact that our boys came off that and thought they were still the best team in the tournament,” Southgate said. “That can’t be the case. For me, it’s the biggest reminder that in the seniors we must always have humility. That’s a little bit down to their age. They’ve got to recognise it and learn from it.
Is that aimed at Dean specifically? Would need to see the full context but seems like it's the team as a whole?

How do you know it was about Henderson?

Classical Mechanic

Is that aimed at Dean specifically? Would need to see the full context but seems like it's the team as a whole?
How do you know it was about Henderson?
Henderson made the comments publicly. I don't think any other players suggested such a thing. It seems directed at him without singling him out specifically and it needed to be said. It was very poor from Henderson, especially given that he made big error in the tournament to go along with the big error he made in the u20 world cup, although that was of less consequence.

Name Changed

weso26
He's a good goalkeeper but realistically he will be sold before he ever gets a chance to become number one, especially after DDG's contract signing.

Alemar

Excellent performance against Everton away. Clean sheet, several very good saves.

ArjenIsM3

Excellent performance against Everton away. Clean sheet, several very good saves.
Yep good game. Big year for him. If he does well this season he might have a chance of displacing De Gea next season. All depends on how they both perform this season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
De Gea special that was

snowkarl

Unbelievable... incredible mistake. Not the first this season either.

Raw

Saw this thread bumped and thought, wow, must be having a good game against Liverpool!

Nope. Kinell.

arthurka

Well to be fair he has done quite well up to that point and after it. Saved 1 v 1 against Salah.

FujiVice

He's a 22 year old who has played 6 topflight games his whole life. Let's not get the noose out just yet, eh?

arthurka

That was their first shot on target though...
He controlled the box very well and had plucked the ball from crosses with safe hands. He didn't look flustered at all. But after it he looked great and made a couple of good saves, He is young and will make these from time to time, we have a seasoned international and he seems to make them a lot lately.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This season will do him some good, think he'll be a good player but he needs to cut out these mistakes. Ive seen him make a couple this season already and also a few last season

izec

He used to punch a lot and seems to be transitioning to catch more. Mistakes happen to young keepers, needs to stay focused. If in a few years he hasnt ironed out these dumb ones, then it is time to worry

dev1l

Imo today s mistake was a concentration issue. Many keepers are making these type of mistakes because before they actually have the ball in.their hands, they are already thinking what to do with it next.
Anyway young and learning..

Hughes35

Weirdly, this game actually gave me more hope that he can become a very good keeper.

It's an absolute howler of a mistake but he just forgot about it and had a very good game after the error. That's the sign of a top keeper IMO, being able to just move on and having the guts to pick yourself back up.

meamth

A young gk learning the crucial part of the game.

Time and time again we heard this, "Goalkeepers making mistakes is normal, but it's how they perform after that mistake is what matters"

He's learning, not fecking useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.