Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

As much as I love David de Gea, it would be nice if we could replace him without going through a rough patch like we did with the the last 2 great GKs we had. Being our own academy kid would make it even better. Henderson should get his chance here to battle it out with de Gea.

jackal&hyde

As much as I love David de Gea, it would be nice if we could replace him without going through a rough patch like we did with the the last 2 great GKs we had. Being our own academy kid would make it even better. Henderson should get his chance here to battle it out with de Gea.
He will i think. Just not for a couple of years.

Number32

I wouldn't say it was a majority, but some wanted that. Not that VDS was awful, just for the sake of it. New is better and VDS was old.
VDS had a long term injury at the time Foster was our #1 and had a couple of great games before City and Arsenal exposed his weakness. I never think thats a competition.
Neuer has been in good form and Bayern have just signed Nubel on a free who is a great talent and also have another good talent Fruchtl on their books
Juventus have just renewed Szczęsny's contract making him top 10 paid players in Serie A
Real Madrid have Courtois and are currently having their best defensive season in the league since 1987/88

PSG is the only one and I'd argue that as things go he's a downgrade on Keylor Navas right now
Some pundits still believe De Gea is the best in the world, above all of them. He has class, and class is permanent for a GK. Just take Lehman's career for example.

Tbf, Henderson's clean sheet isn't that impressive because Shefield has a great defensive system. He has a great season but our awful defending will expose his weakness here.

dbs235

Not that I want de Gea gone but if he did go, I would be happy with Henderson as his ready-made replacement.

PoTMS

Needs to start next season as our number 1. Or at least given the chance.

demongod

We just paid 130m for 2 defenders for Christ's sake.

He's good and has the colossal ego that a lot of goalkeepers have which is good but Sheffield have the best drilled defence in the league. No need to shit on De Gea who has been playing behind clowns for years now.

dutchred

Personally I think Kovar has more potential. Commands his area and good distribution. Also massive presence

arthurka

DDG needs to get his act together, he is clearly good enough for a starting spot.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's not better than DDG so we should be looking to extend his loan deal at SU unless Dave is leaving. No use shoving him into our first team earlier than necessary.

In Rainbows

Personally I think Kovar has more potential. Commands his area and good distribution. Also massive presence
Both are great shot stoppers. Think Kovar is a better distributor, but Henderson I think has a leadership personality. So think Henderson could transform into having a bigger command of his area.

dutchred

Both are great shot stoppers. Think Kovar is a better distributor, but Henderson I think has a leadership personality. So think Henderson could transform into having a bigger command of his area.
It's great that we have 2 really good keepers when De Gea eventually leaves. The issue is will they have the patience to wait. Goalkeeping is not like any other position where you can regularly rest a player. The only possibility of a game is in the cup competitions. I'm really surprised that Romero has stayed so long as back up

Last edited:

Uniteddy

It's great that we have 2 really good keepers when De Gea eventually leaves. The issue is will they have the patience to wait. Goalkeeping is not like any other position where you can regularly rest a player. The only possibility of a game is in the cup competitions. I'm really surprised that Romero has stayed so long as back up
Romero is on more money than almost every other keeper in the league, so that's why he has stayed.

And De Gea is now a massive financial and footballing liability for us. He just is not the same goalkeeper anymore and teams are targeting him more with high balls. We pay him colossal wages, no other club will pay him close to that, so he is here to stay.

It is a bit of a problem for Henderson, can we leave 300k a week keeper in the bench? Will we end up paying someone to take DeGea off our hands, Sanchez part 2.

DocRockter

What the hell is he doing, helping the scum win the league..??! The lad has not looked the standings??

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Geez is the best keeper on our books. The highest paid one in the world might be the third best at the club these days

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It is because he is a extroverted keeper and someone pushing/motivating himself. I bet keepers like that save more than the timid keepers staying on their line and generally quiet characters
To support your theory: De Gea is possibly the most timid keeper to be as good as he ever was, and he’s pretty awful at penalties

Affirmation

I called it even when he was playing in the lower leagues that Dean Henderson should be our number one goalkeeper next season. It's actually pathetic that this club made David De Gea the highest paid player in the country when it was clear doubts were emerging surrounding his game. But then again this is the same club that rushed to offer an interim manager a full time contract when our performances were clearly declining and ignoring the apparent plan which was to wait until the summer to survey our options.

Last edited:

HJ12

Bigger question is why is Jesus still taking penalties? He misses every second one he takes!

strandty

I called it even when he was playing in the lower leagues that Dean Henderson should be our number one goalkeeper next season. It's actually pathetic that this club made David De Gea the highest paid player in the country when it was clear doubts were emerging surrounding his game. But then again this is the same club that rushed to offer an interim manager a full time contract when our performances were clearly declining and ignoring the apparent plan which was to wait until the summer to survey our options.
Working with him at Grimsby you could just tell he was going places. Commanding his area and making ridiculous saves at 19. Could easily make the Euros.

izec

To be fair, it must be fairly easy to save penalties when he's so far off his line he may as well be taking the penalty himself.
It is clever, refs dont care about it. They are used to let it go. At worst, it will get retaken

Affirmation

Working with him at Grimsby you could just tell he was going places. Commanding his area and making ridiculous saves at 19. Could easily make the Euros.
Well actually I did used to rave about how talented of a player he is from a young age cause he's from my area and have followed his career since then. First seen him play at a local Football tournament before he had even signed for Carlisle United but he has improved vastly over the last few years. Why do you think Manchester United signed him from such a young age then?

Gordon S

If he keeps this up he should be in contention for a starting spot next season, no matter what we are paying de Gea.

Untd55

I cannot see him hanging around if he does not become first-team goalkeeper next season.

He has got a taste for being number one for a team that could finish ahead of us. He is having a brilliant season and is likely attracting interest from some big clubs e.g. Bayern Munich have been mentioned.

If one of them come in for him, I think it will unsettle him unless we make him number one. It will be a massive shame, but I think there is a decent chance that we will lose him.

ArjenIsM3

I cannot see him hanging around if he does not become first-team goalkeeper next season.

He has got a taste for being number one for a team that could finish ahead of us. He is having a brilliant season and is likely attracting interest from some big clubs e.g. Bayern Munich have been mentioned.

If one of them come in for him, I think it will unsettle him unless we make him number one. It will be a massive shame, but I think there is a decent chance that we will lose him.
Agreed

Based Adnan

Bayern Munich interest is surely dead now after they signed Nubel. Between Nubel and Fruchtl they are set as far as young GK prospects go. 23 and 19 respectively.

Can't see any other top side wanting a keeper anytime soon apart from PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.