Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he did well and looks a very good no2, tonight for me showed that whilst DDG isnt perfect, Hendo isnt at his level yet - i'm sure he will be in time but didnt seem it yet IMO.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Was shaky early on when he completely lost his position relative to the goal for Bowen’s offside goal. He somehow was defending his actual near post.

Very good as the game grew though. Lovely save on the freekick.

Cecc07

De Gea conceded the same goal and was heavily criticised, double standarts here again. Overall I think not a bad game for him.

The United

I had a funny thought when he saved that free kick. That Dave might have let it in.

ROFLUTION

Was shaky early on when he completely lost his position relative to the goal for Bowen’s offside goal. He somehow was defending his actual near post.

He was terrible at covering the goal against Basakshehir too on the counter. Looks a real flaw in his game that he leaves so much space for the attacker, looks very off compared to United (and De Gea) standards.

Mostly gets praise in here because we won. In the long run he needs to fix the abovementioned problem and fast. He's nowhere near De Gea shot-stopping wise.

Mcking

I know quite a few were desperate for one of those shots to squirm under him. Disappointment for them I guess.

RedIan

I thought he had a great game, superb save from the free kick, a number of other solid saves and more than that his pass out for the pogba goal was brilliant... never seen Degea do that.

lex talionis

Promising, but he’s not ready to take over for Dave just yet. Or Romero, but we’ve on from Romero, who deserves a lot more praise than he gets here, for a variety of reasons.

marktan

His distribution looks excellent, which would be huge if it's consistent. De Gea was meant to be a good passer but his hoofs never seem to find anyone.

That said De Gea is just as good if not a better shot stopper then Henderson right now. Bit of a dillema but a good one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
De Gea conceded the same goal and was heavily criticised, double standarts here again. Overall I think not a bad game for him.
I didnt get to watch the full match but I think it's because De Gea is an experienced keeper in a role that many regards to get better with age (which is not entirely true with de gea because he is more a reflex keeper; a master of reflexes).

On the opposite side Henderson is someone who is still a young goalkeeper who if good enough can possibly grow in to a well rounded experienced Goalkeeper - which wont happened without the experience to alter/fix his mistakes or habits.

Caesar2290

Good, calm performance. He didnt have much to do but you can feel the calming influence he has on his back 4. Maybe a reason why sheffield locks a lot more shacky without him so far this season.
This. I noticed this aura since the Brighton and Hove cup game. I remember it was the first time
He was terrible at covering the goal against Basakshehir too on the counter. Looks a real flaw in his game that he leaves so much space for the attacker, looks very off compared to United (and De Gea) standards.

Mostly gets praise in here because we won. In the long run he needs to fix the abovementioned problem and fast. He's nowhere near De Gea shot-stopping wise.
You're being really harsh on the lad. When De Gea joined us he was a leaky cauldron and couldn't save a long shot even if his life depended on it. He didn't become out No.1 till February that year.

And speaking of weaknesses: why don't we mention the fact that DDG conceded 2 identical free kicks in back to back games from the exact same angle. I'm starting to think that he is developing a Joe "shoot to the lower left side and you will score" Hart weakness. That's unacceptable for our highest earner. Let's be honest here, if SAF was in charge, by the end of the season Deano would've been our No.1.

Deano is a young lad and he is still learning. Even so you already see that he's comparable to current DDG reflex wise, he is a lot better at sweeping and commanding his CBs. They just look way more comfortable when he is playing. Yes he makes mistakes. All young and even experienced GKs do. But part of it is just down to performance anxiety. Give him a run of games and he will flourish

Devil may care

He was fine, everyone has their preferences and some want to upgrade every position twice over, but personally goalkeeper isn't a position I have any concerns over in this squad.

criticalanalysis

Some nervy moments and a bit weak in the 1-one-1 situations but overall positive.

Great first save in first couple mins at his near post where he came out and blocked all the angles.

A bit similar to Neymar's goal midweek, which was a bit pathetic for De Gea. That's called covering your near post.

I hope he gets more games. Technically or positionally I don't think he's stand out better or much worse than De Gea but he has other tangible qualities like not being afraid of using his size and covering his 18 yard box, which is something we desperately need if we want to play more progressive football i.e a higher line.

Last edited:

Dve

A little minus for his positioning on their disallowed goal where he didn´t manage to cut the right angle, making it easy for their player to score. But when he is on the ball, he looks like a footballer, that´s where he is better than De Gea. Henderson makes it easier to play out from the back. But De Gea has been very good this season, and he should still be nr. 1.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This guy is absolutely dripping with confidence and has the skills to back it up.

ThinkTank@Cafe

A lot more aggressive than DDG, especially in terms of desire to be involved into the game. His forward thinking pass to Bruno isn’t enough appreciated. He thinks like field player. DDG is imperious on the line but is a liability in overall teamplay

Red00012

His ball down the line for the equalizer was great
I was expecting a few images of that incident from behind the goal showing it was out but saw nothing. It just looked like Moyes was the only one who thought it was out.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Thought he was great today. Solid saves, good distribution and even though we were shaky in defence in the first half he was instrumental to a solid second half there.

Does the OP not get updated by the way?

Red00012

Promising, but he’s not ready to take over for Dave just yet. Or Romero, but we’ve on from Romero, who deserves a lot more praise than he gets here, for a variety of reasons.
You can forget about Romero I’d say , Grant was on the bench today

predator

Youth NITK
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far of Hendo.

Admittedly, my knowledge of goalkeeping is limited to the odd occasion when I would volunteer to go in net at 5 aside, but its clear as day he is a different type of GK to DDG. He's cocksure and composed during set pieces, which is a breathe of fresh air.

On the other hand will he be capable of pulling off the freakish close range reflexes like DDG, which have decided matches?

I know Dave has had a fair few hiccups lately but he has pulled us out of the shit on many occasions and is currently our longest serving player. I personally find it difficult to bad mouth him.

Ideally, De Gea leaves next summer or the following summer, amicably, after we win the CL and give him a testimonial. Then Hendo takes over and cements his place as number 1.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Did anyone notice his position for that Bowen offside goal ? Thought it was horrible.

Not sure if he is ready to take over yet.

Bebestation

Did anyone notice his position for that Bowen offside goal ? Thought it was horrible.

Not sure if he is ready to take over yet.
De Gea learnt this type of stuff whilst playing to be fair.

I dont think we can wait for Henderson to turn to De Gea before we choose him; he has to play, again experience playing for United, make mistakes, learn the right decisions before improving as a player.

Personally this is why as much as I love De Gea, I'm ready for a change now. I'd rather see Henderson develop and keep Romero happy as our number 2.

tenpoless

Go on. Keep telling us to sell De Gea and replace him with Henderson immediately after. In a team struggling for consistency that'd be a suicide.

Bebestation

Go on. Keep telling us to sell De Gea and replace him with Henderson immediately after. In a team struggling for consistency that'd be a suicide.
I dont think it is.

De gea is not that 10/10 player he once was to alot of people.

People were asking Romero to replace him last season. Now we have Henderson aswell that might be added in to the conversation too.

De Gea is still a good player but he has his weaknesses and a style of play that does effect our play in my opinion.

tenpoless

I dont think it is.

De gea is not that 10/10 player he once was to alot of people.

People were asking Romero to replace him last season. Now we have Henderson aswell that might be added in to the conversation too.

De Gea is still a good player but he has his weaknesses and a style of play that does effect our play in my opinion.
We struggle to string passes together or create chances sometimes. Henderson never knows the pressure of becoming the main GK at United. The last thing we need is a nervous, bound for mistakes (due to pressure) GK.

Grande

Congrats on writing a post here that does not compare him and Dave.

I didn’t notice the positioning on the offside goal much, but you’re probably right. I though fromwhat I could see, he did almost everything pretty well. Not a blinder, but not a game to play a blinder in either. Generally I thin it’s good enough for any team if their keeper plays mostly faultless, is a bit aggressive and has good distribution. In that regard this was a step in the right direction for me.

Sylar

Decent game, nice distribution, and a few good saves

But at least we know it's not the keepers fault on set pieces (him or DDG)
We need lots and lots of set pieces training on the defensive side

Status
Not open for further replies.