Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

One of the worst performances I've seen from him. Not looking good if he continues like this.

Here we go.

knee jerk thread of the night.

I said weeks ago, that not just about his talent, it’s about his mentality, and how he reacts when he drops a clanger, as all keepers do. Let’s see.

he’s a young keeper, he made a mistake, we won. Get off his fecking back. Try supporting our bloody players for a change.

toxic fanbase.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I still don't really understand the bumper contract you gave him or why you're rotating them. I know Ancelotti likes rotating keepers too but I feel like it's a position where consistency is absolutely key. Should have kept him out on loan at a better club.

Devil77

All keepers make mistakes. Better in a game like this than a CL decider. Great save at the end when we were up 3-2. He’ll learn from this.

Superunknown

I look at him and I see Ben Foster when he played for us. A talented goalkeeper who has the potential to be number one, but probably won't be. I thought he was disappointing today. Can't be squandering opportunities like this and making mistakes like that...

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
De Gea made clangers when he first came too. Biggest thing with a GK is not letting those turn you flappy.

Santos J

Here we go.

knee jerk thread of the night.

I said weeks ago, that not just about his talent, it’s about his mentality, and how he reacts when he drops a clanger, as all keepers do. Let’s see.

he’s a young keeper, he made a mistake, we won. Get off his fecking back. Try supporting our bloody players for a change.

toxic fanbase.
Yeah at the time the match day thread was a mess, people may as well have been celebrating him making a mistake just because they prefer DDG still.

Bojan11

Should have cashed in if Chelsea were offering big money because no doubts they would be looking to replace him after a year.

De Gea got away with being glued on his line due to his brilliant reflexes. Henderson doesn’t have those qualities. We can blame Lindelof all we want for that goal, but Henderson should be coming off his line in that area. Sheffield United put the ball in that area for a reason because they knew he would be stuck on his line.

He is just another Ben Foster. Great at nothing.

Could have got a big fee for him in the summer off the back of the hype.

We always make stupid transfer decisions - in and out.

Same with Dan James, with Leeds wanting to give us more than our money back.

UncleBob

Shocker. But christ your captain playing a 6 yard ball back to you 6 yards out from inside the box when there are opposition players around. Awful stuff.
Henderson has the right angle and view of the entire situation, all he has to do is boot the ball away

saivet

The only positive thing I can say about his mistake is that it's the type of mistake that is easy to cut out. I'd have been more concerned if he dropped a clanger from a cross or shot.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
There was no need to make the ‘keeper change today. Stupid decision from Ole. Henderson is a no mark and we are not a charity.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Should have cashed in if Chelsea were offering big money because no doubts they would be looking to replace him after a year.

De Gea got away with being glued on his line due to his brilliant reflexes. Henderson doesn’t have those qualities. We can blame Lindelof all we want for that goal, but Henderson should be coming off his line in that area. Sheffield United put the ball in that area for a reason because they knew he would be stuck on his line.

Henderson wasn't glued to his line at all, ridiculous to compare him to DDG for that.
He was for the goal, but that was the rarity tonight. And it was unlucky as it rebounded in.

Zoo

All the talk beforehand was whether he might be in for his inside knowledge of Sheffield United but maybe it was the other way around and Wilder told his forwards to close him down at every opportunity.

Virror

De Gea made clangers when he first came too. Biggest thing with a GK is not letting those turn you flappy.
De Gea still makes clangers, pretty much all goalkeepers do. But it wont stop people from shitting on a player who is young and hasn't played much this season

U99ted

I thought he and the team recovered very well from the early mistake. They happen. We can't melt down for every little error, especially if we turn it around.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
No chance did he have a shocker. Great Goalkeepers still make mistakes like that from time to time... the important thing is it's not consistent.
I'm bamboozled at this thread. How are people saying we should have sold him? This is so weird.

He was coming out for loose balls, ensuring the defenders don't get too close to their own net, he didn't get beat on his near post like ddg occasionally does, he stood his ground and didn't pussy out of anything. When it was business time he made the save at the end to ensure us victory.

Like people used to say for ddg. If he made a mistake then he made a good save too.

Idxomer

Too shaky.

Early to see how he'll cope long-term but we've seen it over the years how big the pressure is on a United Goalkeeper.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Jesus wept. Knee jerk of the week. He played badly tonight. Which can happen. Anyone writing him off based on this one performance needs to give their head a wobble.

RepardReece

Christ. State of these comments, you people hammering him seem to only be watching the goals.

Yeah at the time the match day thread was a mess, people may as well have been celebrating him making a mistake just because they prefer DDG still.
its amazing, but not surprising how quick they turn on our players.

personally, I think DDG should be no 1 - but I’d love Henderson to be successful. He’s been at the club a very long time, and deserves a hell of a lot more respect than our plastic fans.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Keepers, more than any other position need a run of games, De Gea had similar issues when he first came here, sitting out for 5-10 games then playing 1-2 isnt going to cut it.

Put your knives away until he plays 10+ games in a row people.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Henderson wasn't glued to his line at all, ridiculous to compare him to DDG for that.
He was for the goal, but that was the rarity tonight. And it was unlucky as it rebounded in.
And it was inswinging in.

These people are ddg loyalists. You cannot argue with them. This man was not glued to his line at all.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That was a bad game. I'm going to put that down to being over anxious to hold down the No 1 position. When you're anxious you make stupid mistakes but he best learn from this.

Telegram Sam

Some strange overreactions in here. Though not too surpising these days.

1st goal yeah it's an error and there's no real excuses for getting caught on the ball and not having as much time as you think. Young inexperienced goalkeepers make mistakes, especially for the bigger teams with more pressure.
Don't really think he could've done much for the 2nd goal either given how the well Sheff U players had him penned in the goal on each corner. Lindelof wins the header but it deflects straight back in the net off McGoldrick's head.

Ramsdale's mistake on Rashford's 2nd goal was the worst goalkeeping moment of the night. We came away with the 3 points so Dean's error didn't cost us and that's all that matters. He should learn and improve from it.

Bojan11

So what was he doing for the goal? It was in his area.

Status
Not open for further replies.