Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Got away with a couple of awful decisions to come for the ball but got nowhere near it. Fortunate with the offside goal in the first minute.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some harsh criticism of him in the matchday thread.

People have (rightly) been arguing that his tendency to sweep/claim more will see us concede fewer chances and increase our comfort in playing a high-line. The downside is you're also likely to see more errors in that regard, as that more aggressive approach comes with increased risk. If people expected it to only be upside then they had unrealsitic expectations. Particularly so when it's a young goalkeeper bedding in as #1. If it was easy then everyone would do it.

Would like to see more from him on set-pieces generally but there's no need to bury the lad for one bad performance.
I'd like to see him a bit calmer. Then I realise he's just a kid.

Walters_19_MuFc

Really shaky today. Don't know whether its because it was against Burnley - a team dangerous on set pieces but he seemed too eager at times.

spiriticon

Which goalie in their right mind tries to come out and punch balls on the edge of the penalty area?

Sort it out Deano.

Tiber

I always come back to the same question.

If Henderson played for Sheffield United (or whoever) and wasn't already at the club as a free alternative, would he be at the top of the list to replace De Gea?

I doubt it.

James_42

He isn't much better than De Gea at dealing with balls in the area, looks just as shaky.

Doesn't seem to be improving either.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not at his best today, seemed to calm down in the second half though after a weird first half.

Virror

Poor game, but i will still take his bravery over De Gea. He can learn to time his runs right and when to come out, i doubt De Gea will get the bravery needed to come out and try with these balls. Rather mistakes from being to proactive.

Did he take something before the game today? Shocking performance, some of the worst decision-making from a keeper I've ever seen. And that's not even mentioning the decision to put that cap on.

lost7

I'm not sure he's ready to be our number 1 keeper to be honest

criticalanalysis

He doesn't trust Lindelof and I don't blame him
Me too but the way he clattered him was almost hilarious if it wasn't reckless and poorly executed.

He's done that to Bailly and now Lindelof so to be fair, at least he's indiscriminate and just wants to claim the ball.

Mixed bag but he's still no 1 for me. I'd rather have reckless ambition at his stage than meekness.

arthurka

Looked over motivated. Thought he recovered well and was very calm and collected after the Lindelöf mix-up. Some great interceptions after that. Like him, think he will become a very good keeper.

Andersons Dietician

He was bad today. Made some really weird decisions. Two occasions he like left the centre of his goals to make like a back 3. I understand he’s trying to make a passing option but surely you never leave the centre of your goal so so weird, then there were some of the weird occasions he tried to get the ball.

Do wonder if it’s done that Dave is leaving and Hendo is his successor because if it’s not set in stone then I’d reinstate DeGea.

How tall is he by the way? He looks tiny standing in goal. Not helped with the cap. Looked like a teenager got lost and stuck in goal.

Alemar

De Gea would have been crucified here for such a performance. Not the best of games for Dean

Number32

I though he was Kirkland with that hat. His performance looks like the mighty Kirkland too, where is the real Deano?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The first poor game he's had, and the knives are out.
Give the lad a chance, he's learning every game he plays, just as De Gea did when he first joined. De Gea was not the complete goalkeeper when he first played, it took him pretty much a full season to get the experience, and decision making right, even then a goalkeeper will always be prone to an error or two, and not every decision will be correct.
Have some patience.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I always come back to the same question.

If Henderson played for Sheffield United (or whoever) and wasn't already at the club as a free alternative, would he be at the top of the list to replace De Gea?

I doubt it.
100% we wouldn't. One season at Sheffield United wouldn't be enough to convince us to spend the money it would take to bring him here as our #1.

The reality is that he was already at the club though, so giving him a chance not only costs us nothing in terms of a transfer fee but might save us spending that fee later. So we might as well give him that chance.

sillwuka

He is very flappy but then quite reassuring in other moments.

I don't think he is the elite keeper we are looking for but happy to be proven wrong.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
One thing I love about him is his fearlessness. I get the feeling because it was a physical team, he wanted to lay down a marker. Yeah he messed it up but it didn't shake his confidence. He still came out a few times later, and collected a cross under pressure really well later.

He needs to learn from these things, but I'm not sure he will. There is still something I really like about him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The fact that it didnt lead to us drawing or losing the match is the difference.

Henderson is a traditional goalkeeper that gets better when they age like VDS. He isnt De Gea with his reflex ability shining when he is younger.

kiristao

His decision making this far had been good. Am willing to give him the benefit of doubt for this game. Could also got to do with the fact that he was told he would have to help out the CB's against Wood and he was a bit too eager to do so. Maybe could have done better for the goal. Came for a corner and collected well late on.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The fact that it didnt lead to us drawing or losing the match is the difference.
Wood being a toenail offside will reduce the amount of scrutiny he gets, but it doesn't change how much he fecked it up.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He cartainly wants to prove a point that he goes for balls in situations where De Gea would've stayed on the line.

I don't mind his decision making, he made awful choices today but surely this can be easily fixed if he relaxes a bit.

Godfather

Could have cost us today with his brainfarts. I love gks that come off their lines but feck me...

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Pretty shocking tbh. He doesn't need to be the star of the game. Sweeping is fine but really what was he doing at 30 sec mark, that was a horrible decision and that attempt to clear the long pass where he hit with Lindelof, calm down Deano. No need to panic. But also being passive scared of making a mistakes would be wrong. Let's hope he finds that balance.

Flying high

The first poor game he's had, and the knives are out.
Give the lad a chance, he's learning every game he plays, just as De Gea did when he first joined. De Gea was not the complete goalkeeper when he first played, it took him pretty much a full season to get the experience, and decision making right, even then a goalkeeper will always be prone to an error or two, and not every decision will be correct.
Have some patience.
I'm desperate for Henderson to do well. As we all should be, given De Gea has been pushed aside and we don't want to go from having 3 good keepers to needing a new one.

I'd argue Henderson has had quite a few worrying moments already. Today was worse, but we got away with it. I'm happy to 'give the lad a chance', he's got until the end of the season. At which point, a big decision needs to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.