Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His worst game but let’s see how he responds next time. I think Ole is right to play him in the PL games to see if he’s actually got enough about him to be long-term #1. No idea what he was doing on the 4th goal.

Godfather

Not that I expect him to save that 4th goal but where was he? Comedy gold from him today. Just please don't start him in the final

Heinzesight

Positioning for 4th goal was pure comedy gold.
It was like, “here you go Salah, just pop it in to my right, there’s a good lad.”

He looked incredibly nervous without Maguire. His number one position has never been a certainty for me and definite question marks about him now.

Godfather

He did something very similar earlier this season but was saved by an offside call.

No idea how people can be confident he's "the future" of United.
Nothing for me that would suggest he's even close to being on a trajectory to being a world class gk.
I agree

el3mel

This was rubbish goalkeeping in fourth goal. He literally opened it for Salah to shoot wherever he wants.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can’t remember a more baffling goalkeeping decision all season than that Salah goal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Of the all the goals, he decides to stay back for the last goal ? I mean seriously?

Chairman Steve

Was this the first time he didn’t have Maguire at the back with him? That probably didn’t help.

LJJT

Strange display today and throws up the question are we doing the right thing? Whole team missed Maguire today

NK86

His worst game but let’s see how he responds next time. I think Ole is right to play him in the PL games to see if he’s actually got enough about him to be long-term #1. No idea what he was doing on the 4th goal.
He lost his marbles for the fourth. Completely messed up his positioning. Not that he would have definitely saved it but it was absolutely shambolic the way he was placed for the fourth.

Dan_F

In fairness I think Ole is doing the right thing by giving him a chance. There’s no chance we can afford a top keeper, so we might as well find out now who we’re going to trust next year.

SER19

Absolute horror show. Near taibi levels. Lots of talk but so far not the goods to back it up

ArjenIsM3

Very very poor from him tonight. He could’ve done better on 3/4 goals
You can't really blame him for two of them, the close range ones. Obvious error from him from the shot and bad positioning on the last one but to be honest we went all in and Matic horrendously caused a one on one situation where I'd always fancy Salah over any keeper. Could have made it harder for Salah but I'd blame Matic more than Henderson tbh.

RuudtheRed

He was poor, and just seems to me to lack the X-factor that a goalkeeper for a top team has.

Credit to him for stopping the Jota volley and the Mane 1 v 1 - but we shouldn't turn a blind eye to the terrible handling which led to Liverpool's 3rd goal. When Salah raced through for the 4th goal, I had no confidence in him even getting near to the shot. Admittedly a goalkeeper is disadvantaged there but we've seen De Gea stop many of those in his time here.

As a point of comparison, De Gea would have been crucified on this forum for the errors Dean made today. Both goalkeepers aren't perfect, but I wouldn't trust Dean to start in the Europa League final over De Gea.

Idxomer

He's a poor man's Pickford and I'm saying poor because Pickford has the ability to actually pull off some world-class saves.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Only playing because he came from the famed youth academy. That and to save some cost. Brilliant corporate move this is. Just go and sign a top GK and let one of ddg or Hendo go. Solid PL keepers don't make this errors so consistently. Its comical.

Delano

The experiment is coming to an end I think. So many basic flaws in his technique it's untrue. Never in a million years is he the answer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
yeah I was watching that and thinking he had something up his sleeve but he just stood there, frozen :lol:
Ha same... When he wasn't at the edge of his box I thought he must he planning something extraordinary here.

Turns out that extraordinary thing was showing Salah the goal.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You can't really blame him for two of them, the close range ones. Obvious error from him from the shot and bad positioning on the last one but to be honest we went all in and Matic horrendously caused a one on one situation where I'd always fancy Salah over any keeper. Could have made it harder for Salah but I'd blame Matic more than Henderson tbh.
Absolutely. Not solely his fault, but he still could’ve done better

MetoTTT

Wait, they'll loan De Gea paying a big part of his wages to give him the spot. Well...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Dea Gea is shit now too. No need saying he would have done this or that.

We have a keeping problem but RW, CDM, and CB are more important.

Gavinb33

Absolutey rubbish 2nd half 100%, he was hung out to dry by the team to a degree you cannot give Liverpool good chances time and again like they did.

But let's not get hyperbole on this De Gea has cost us recently in big games as well, his performance in the cup semi final against Chelsea was as egregious as this by Henderson

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Watched plenty of him for Sheff Utd, have now seen quite a bit of him for United. Haven't seen a thing to suggest he's good enough to be Manchester United's goalkeeper.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm desperate for him to make it, but my belief that he will is definitely fading.

I just watched an interview with him this morning, saying "one million percent" he'll be United and England #1. For someone so confident, he looked shit scared tonight.

He's been palming shots into danger basically every single game. Tonight it finally cost him. It's been coming.

The last goal was maybe the worst positioning I've seen from a keeper at the top level.

He's the goalkeeping version of Bailly.

Okey

He's not the answer to the De Gea question. He has his advantages over Big Cave, but No. 1 in his place, he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.