Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

nav_10

@Skeezix
I dont see this weakness:
"Very often, his saves end right back into the penalty box which is very dangerous if more than 1 attackers are in the box. He needs to parry away the ball for a corner or into less dangerous areas. Needs definite improvement in that regard (could learn a lot from Big Dave in that regard)."

Admittedly not all parries/saves were out of danger zone, but largely I think he does a good job of getting the ball away. Bear in mind, the primary focus is always to make the save first and foremost. Errors tend to happen when a keeper tries to overcomplicate/do too much.

I defo agree about the distribution. Think for now thats where we need to see the biggest improvement from Deano.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole already calling him deano :lol:

SoCross

Did he start against Villa? The United Instagram says so. Anyone see how he did?

Amarsdd

Did he start against Villa? The United Instagram says so. Anyone see how he did?
He did start. Don't know about the performance.
Played around 70 mins. Had nothing to do in terms of saves. He was also comfortable on the ball passing out from the back but again Villa weren't too aggressive with their pressing. So it was difficult to judge him in that regard.

sillwuka

It's a shame that Henderson's distribution is average, similar level to De Gea. I feel if he was more of a modern keeper in that regard he would find it easier displacing him as number one.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Really like the look of him. Confident man.

Would not shock me to see De Gea leave next season.

el3mel

Great reflexes in this save. Hopefully he gets his chance in a meaningful match soon.

Brokenbeard

Superb reactions Henderson. Would love to see him in a starting lineup.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a clutch save, reminded me of de Gea in his prime with that one! Didn’t have much to do but reliable when we need him.

Litch

Great game saving save. DDG should be looking over his shoulder.....

yfoFC

That was a DDG cat like save if I ever saw one

This should light a fire under our number 1's arse, and that's just what he needed..

Last edited:

Red00012

Good save considering he must have been cold standing in the same place for 80 mins

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Certainly has started to answer one of the questions levelled at him, will he be ready to pull of match winning saves in a team when he doesn’t have a lot to do? Well tonight he certainly did, I hope he can keep taking these opportunities he’s given to impress in cup games.

youngrell

Great reaction save, but need to see much more before declaring him #1.

Tonight showed why Romero has so many clean sheets, these type of games we barely give up any shots on goal. Good on Dean to be ready when one came.

Toad

Good save but let’s not go over the top and say give him the #1 shirt. So many reactionary comments.

Dan_F

Great reaction by him after the ball was cleared too. No chance Ole keeps him in at the weekend, but it’s great that the next cup game comes so soon.

saivet

Good save but also a save you'd expect/hope he'd make. He didn't have enough shots at him to have an outstanding performance, but provided he doesn't make any errors in the games he does play, I think he will need De Gea to go through a patch of bad form until he can be the no.1 this season.

Good save but let’s not go over the top and say give him the #1 shirt. So many reactionary comments.
Indeed. Especially as DDG had a good game (despite the scoreline) against Palace.

Very pleased he did well on his debut. It’s good to have two keepers playing well. Hopefully the competition spurs on DDG. He’s in possession of the jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.