Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

I think Henderson will leave in the summer, I think Ole won't give him the chances that he has probably promised Henderson and he will request a transfer.

He isn't going to be happy with only playing the FA Cup and League Cup games, which will be a max of 10 games.

For the wage he is on, Ole should be starting one of Henderson or DDG in the PL and the other in the CL.

Henderson has only played the LC game so far, DDG has played every PL game and has started tonight. Why give someone this wage and not send them back on loan if you aren't going to give him shared playing time.
:lol:

He's signed a contract that keeps him here until 2025 and it's fairly fecking obvious that the club sees him as the long term first choice, doesn't mean that we're going to instantly start playing him in the biggest matches until there's a reason to do so.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
:lol:

He's signed a contract that keeps him here until 2025 and it's fairly fecking obvious that the club sees him as the long term first choice, doesn't mean that we're going to instantly start playing him in the biggest matches until there's a reason to do so.
He is on far too much money to only be played in the FA and League Cup. Send him on loan again if he isn’t going to get games. Pointless keeping him on the bench. Might as well have just used Romero for that role and let Henderson get game time.

UncleBob

He is on far too much money to only be played in the FA and League Cup. Send him on loan again if he isn’t going to get games. Pointless keeping him on the bench. Might as well have just used Romero for that role and let Henderson get game time.
So is fecking Lingard, guess we should've started him yesterday as well.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So is fecking Lingard, guess we should've started him yesterday as well.
Come on that is not the same and you know it. Henderson was clearly brought back from loan under the premise that he would get games. He is young and has loads of time to get even better, sitting on the bench won’t do anything for him.

A back up young GK being on his wage is not the same as Lingard who is nearly 28 now who has been at the club ages that the club can’t shift.

Classical Mechanic

I'm pretty surte that he knew that he's there to put pressure on DDG and if he performs, as he has done so far, then opportunities will be limited. I'd imagine that he has an agreement to go on loan next season if DDG recovers his form longer term.

UncleBob

Come on that is not the same and you know it. Henderson was clearly brought back from loan under the premise that he would get games. He is young and has loads of time to get even better, sitting on the bench won’t do anything for him.

A back up young GK being on his wage is not the same as Lingard who is nearly 28 now who has been at the club ages that the club can’t shift.
You're the one banging on about wages being an important factor, either it is or it isn't.

Henderson will get games, but it's clear that De Gea remains first choice and that means he's going to play in the main competitions, which is the PL and the CL. We're in a difficult group, De Gea is going to play the big ones and we'll probably introduce Henderson for the matches against Istanbul, then it's De Gea onwards if we qualify. Same with the rest of the matches in the league. If De Gea keeps this level then it's his spot and maybe next season we'll swap more often to see how Henderson does as he's the future goalkeeper.

SambaBoy

2nd goal, he went too far over. He was basically stood outside of his posts when the lad took the shot. Better positioning and it would have went straight at him. Not a major mistake, but something to develop.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He needs a consistent run of games, there's usually a reason why keepers don't get rotated, mistakes get punished most of the time, and they need to keep sharp (game time) to avoid making those mistakes.

He needs to go on loan until De Gea leaves, or be sold with a buyback clause, sitting on the bench for 4/5 of the season isn't going to do him or us any favours.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Come on, it was basically a point blank blooter that if it strikes him and fangs off in any direction everyone says it was a great save. I'm disappointed for him to have to come in and keep net for that absolute bomb scare of a defensive performance.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Poor communication for the first goal. It’s an empty stadium he should be screaming at someone to drop back to cover Ba but silence? No leadership and the second goal he has to do better it’s hit right at him and I’m convinced De Gea saves it.

Really disappointed in him.

ROFLUTION

Both goals were situations where De Gea thrives. Might have saved both.

Completely different than at Sheffield United where he had a wall in front of him.

Again, Ed's probably done a new stupid mega-contract. Really hope it at least keeps De Gea on his toes. Has played well so far, so maybe.

UncleBob

Second goal is from close range and it's hammered in high, can always nitpick and say he gambles too much instead of trusting his reflexes.

First goal is a disaster on so many fronts...Henderson is high up the pitch, but you can't hear him shouting to anyone to get back and cover Ba, then he ends up running back towards goal, then out again to make an half arsed attempt at narrowing the distance to Ba, and he ends up pretty much in the middle of feck all when the ball rolls past him. Bizarre

Swiss_Red89

Just found out on manutd.com that he's had his England debut today. Happy for him. How did he play?

Just found out on manutd.com that he's had his England debut today. Happy for him. How did he play?
don’t think Ireland had a shot on target the entire game... commentators said at one point, may be midway through the second half that they hadn’t even had a single shot.

he played 45 mins. I don’t think any judgement can be made at all given the inept opposition. It’s a positive that it goes under the radar for a GK.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Hope he can nail down the #1 now for England but unlikely with the amount of game time he’s getting atm

Red00012

Rumours we were going to leave him go on loan in January so he can challenge Pickford for Euro’s.

archiebald

Rumours we were going to leave him go on loan in January so he can challenge Pickford for Euro’s.
We really should loan him out if DDG is going to start every game anyway and we still have Romero for the mickey mouse cup games, huge waste of his talent and stifling his development sitting on the bench every game. Given enough minutes he probably displaces Pickford in 1.5-2 years.

AFC NimbleThumb

The handling of this situation really highlights how clueless we are as a club.

He’s young & talented enough to keep his value but we seemingly keep handing out contracts to players we haven’t got an actual plan for.

If DdG is the undisputed No.1 he should have been loaned out; with Romero maintaining his role as No.2 - instead he’s going to play a few cup games till January & be sent out midway through a mess of a season.

I feel for the lad, it must feel like a waste of time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

He’s young & talented enough to keep his value but we seemingly keep handing out contracts to players we haven’t got an actual plan for.

If DdG is the undisputed No.1 he should have been loaned out; with Romero maintaining his role as No.2 - instead he’s going to play a few cup games till January & be sent out midway through a mess of a season.

Where has this come from?

Hes played about as many games as I expected. DDG is obviously our #1, but was very shaky last year. I think Henderson was brought back incase that shaky form continued, but in actual fact DDG has been just fine.

NinjaFletch

In what possible way has Romero retained his role as No 2?

AFC NimbleThumb

Where has this come from?

Hes played about as many games as I expected. DDG is obviously our #1, but was very shaky last year. I think Henderson was brought back incase that shaky form continued, but in actual fact DDG has been just fine.
I think you’re correct in that he was brought back as insurance for DdG but with DdG having started well Henderson is reported to want a loan so him playing as many games as you [& I] expected is irrelevant.

If/when he goes in January we then re-promote Romero but could have just saved the hassle by sending Henderson out at the beginning of the year imo.

DdG is still too young/good to keep sending Henderson out on loan &/or keep him as back up. At 30 DdG has A LOT of years left as number 1 so I understand extending the contract to protect the asset but with his aspirations to be England No.1 & having unsettled Romero somewhat I think we should have handled this differently.

In what possible way has Romero retained his role as No 2?
Had we reloaned Henderson from the beginning of the season Romero could have retained his role as No.2 - this obviously hasn’t happened with Henderson coming back to play second fiddle for half the season.
If DdG is the undisputed No.1 he should have been loaned out; with Romero maintaining his role as No.2
. . .

jamesjimmybyrondean

His presence has coincided with De Gea improving. I don't see why this couldn't have been done with Romero benching De Gea when he was underperforming. Hendereon should have been sent out on loan if he wasn't going to get enough games to improve him. Romero should have been competition for De Gea and not just keeping the beach warm

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think it’s been dealt with just fine - we all know he’s a good keeper. Just waiting for his chance at the club where he wants to succeed.

acnumber9

His presence has coincided with De Gea improving. I don't see why this couldn't have been done with Romero benching De Gea when he was underperforming. Hendereon should have been sent out on loan if he wasn't going to get enough games to improve him. Romero should have been competition for De Gea and not just keeping the beach warm
Romero isn’t good enough to be competition for De Gea though. We don’t play Europa League level teams every week.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think you’re correct in that he was brought back as insurance for DdG but with DdG having started well Henderson is reported to want a loan so him playing as many games as you [& I] expected is irrelevant.

If/when he goes in January we then re-promote Romero but could have just saved the hassle by sending Henderson out at the beginning of the year imo.

DdG is still too young/good to keep sending Henderson out on loan &/or keep him as back up. At 30 DdG has A LOT of years left as number 1 so I understand extending the contract to protect the asset but with his aspirations to be England No.1 & having unsettled Romero somewhat I think we should have handled this differently.

Had we reloaned Henderson from the beginning of the season Romero could have retained his role as No.2 - this obviously hasn’t happened with Henderson coming back to play second fiddle for half the season.

. . .
Romero supposedly wasn't happy at being dropped for all the big games in the cups after playing all the way to them and wanted to leave anyway.

meamth

The club has to decide.

5-6 more years with DDG or 15 years ahead with Henderson...

Tough choice to make.

archiebald

If we cleared DDG's wages off our books it would make room for another top player or two to join plus we'd get maybe 30m for him.

It's not like Henderson is a huge downgrade either - reflex saves aside I think he's actually better than DDG in certain areas.

Okey

This is where the club has to make a call. Big one, but has to be made. DDG has protected his value with his improved form this season. After a decade here, time to sell him for big money, clear his wages off the books and bank on Hendo. Joe Hart vs Shay Given. Petr Cech vs Cudicini. If we have any doubts at all about making Hendo No. 1, then sell him and stop the waffle. He won't wait forever, and won't get better on the bench.

AFC NimbleThumb

Romero supposedly wasn't happy at being dropped for all the big games in the cups after playing all the way to them and wanted to leave anyway.
Which further compounds the mismanagement of the situation as a whole.

We p*ss off Romero for an out of form DdG who played a rather large role in the FA Cup loss to bring Henderson back on inflated wages as No.2 although he’s never going to be happy with that role at his age/ability.

Henderson will leave on loan in January; Romero wants to leave per his wife’s instagram & DdG has only rediscovered his form with Henderson breathing down his neck - we’ve created an issue here that should have been avoided.

The club has to decide.

5-6 more years with DDG or 15 years ahead with Henderson...

Tough choice to make.
how can you say 15 years for Henderson. Just based on ages your saying we could have DDG until he’s 35/36 or Henderson until he’s 38. That’s not a fair comparison.

given Henderson had played a couple of time’s for United, that’s more than a leap of faith. It very rarely happens that player x can tie down a position for that sort of time. Ironic that DDG is one of those rare cases, and yet he’s still under pressure to be booted out at the ripe old age of 30

I think DDG has been excellent this season, but we need to see whether that’s a prolonged return to form, not just a dozen games.

If it is, then DDG has to stay. Henderson has has the desired effect. He’s not on his last legs, and should be able to stay at the top for four or five years. I would take that over Henderson - as much as I’d love him to be ours and England’s no 1.

meamth

how can you say 15 years for Henderson. Just based on ages your saying we could have DDG until he’s 35/36 or Henderson until he’s 38. That’s not a fair comparison.

given Henderson had played a couple of time’s for United, that’s more than a leap of faith. It very rarely happens that player x can tie down a position for that sort of time. Ironic that DDG is one of those rare cases, and yet he’s still under pressure to be booted out at the ripe old age of 30

I think DDG has been excellent this season, but we need to see whether that’s a prolonged return to form, not just a dozen games.

If it is, then DDG has to stay. Henderson has has the desired effect. He’s not on his last legs, and should be able to stay at the top for four or five years. I would take that over Henderson - as much as I’d love him to be ours and England’s no 1.
Yeah. The club can be under great scrutiny if they sold DDG and Henderson turns to another Ben Foster.

Totally agree, I might have rated Hendo too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.