6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
His presence has coincided with De Gea improving. I don't see why this couldn't have been done with Romero benching De Gea when he was underperforming. Hendereon should have been sent out on loan if he wasn't going to get enough games to improve him. Romero should have been competition for De Gea and not just keeping the beach warm
Romero is not good enough to be no 1, and never has been. Benching DDG for Romero was never an option.

Romero has never been competition for DDG, Henderson coming back looks like it’s given his the kick up the arse he’s needed, and every player needs every now and again.

I like Romero, he’s fulfilled a valuable role for the club, but he’s never wanted to be no 1, and it not good enough to do that role. Great backup keeper, and the reasons he’s bene a great backup up keeper is his consistency, longevity, ability to stay fit, and not rock the boat. Now we have needed genuine competition, and he’s not the player to do that.

In your scenario, with would still have the same issues with DDG that we’ve seen over the past 18 months, and we have a keeper playing who is the least best option out of the three of them.

No issues at all with the way it’s been handled. Romero aside (and that’s not the managers fault), We have our best keeper playing at a high level again.

Yeah. The club can be under great scrutiny if they sold DDG and Henderson turns to another Ben Foster.

Totally agree, I might have rated Hendo too high.
That’s a risk. Ultimately we will never know until/if he gets the nod at United. It’s a shame we lost the CL game in Turkey, as that might have given him a couple of big games in the CL. He will get some games this season.

You can have all the tools/ skills in the world, but with a keeper it’s all about mental strength. That’s where the likes of Howard, Forster, even Barthez (great for one season) failed.

how does he cope with a big error in a big game? It happens to everyone. It’s to DDG great credit that he’s regained form, not many keepers do, and fewer at the same club.

Swiss_Red89

Good, calm performance. He didnt have much to do but you can feel the calming influence he has on his back 4. Maybe a reason why sheffield locks a lot more shacky without him so far this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hope he gets a few more games and we can see if he his attributes further more.

De gea and Martial feel like very flash different goal keepers and strikers.

Henderson and Cavani feel completely back to old school again on either side of the pitch which I have started to like.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Nice to see him getting some minutes.
Good, calm performance. He didnt have much to do but you can feel the calming influence he has on his back 4. Maybe a reason why sheffield locks a lot more shacky without him so far this season.
More down to losing our captain if I’m honest

Hope he gets a few more games and we can see if he his attributes further more.

De gea and Martial feel like very flash different goal keepers and strikers.

Henderson and Cavani feel completely back to old school again on either side of the pitch which I have started to like.
I can see your point on Cavani, but think what you’ve said about DDG is nonsense.

Gordon S

Seems to be very vocal, i like that. Very confident with the ball as well. Maybe time for him to get some games now

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'm not worried if De Gea is out for a a few weeks. It might be one of those good problems.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not worried if De Gea is out for a a few weeks. It might be one of those good problems.
Yeah it could completely collapse or it could suddenly seem like we let less in from corners - and that has nothing to do from today since that's been an issue for a long time now.

It would be good to find out to know if Henderson is our long term Number 1 now or if we still have to rely on De Gea.

Ps. Would be great for England to stop seeing that Everton goalkeeper so much

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yeah it could completely collapse or it could suddenly seem like we let less in from corners - and that has nothing to do from today since that's been an issue for a long time now.

It would be good to find out to know if Henderson is our long term Number 1 now or if we still have to rely on De Gea.
I very much doubt it would collapse in any way, but yeah I'm certain we'd see a natural improvement in a few areas like the ones you've mentioned either way, even if we might lack a few worldie saves.

cyberman

Seems to be very vocal, i like that. Very confident with the ball as well. Maybe time for him to get some games now
Yep. If he plays well then David cant get back in until he gets his chance otherwise theres no point in keeping 2 excellent keepers.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm a massive fan, as an England fan i was excited to see him come on, as a Chelsea fan i was worried, if you pick him consistently England #1 is a one horse race in my opinion.

Reminds me of our Cech/Courtois situation.

Red_toad

Just has a calm and composed aura, that really helps the back 4. Such a positive that we have an option like him in the squad. Lad comes on a took his chance and looked very assured and confident in himself.

archiebald

I've always preferred him over De Gea since I saw him in goal for Sheffield United. He's almost 10 years younger but plays a more well-rounded game and knows how to command his back line.

He's on almost 1/3 the wage too if we install him as our permanent #1, so that would free up some room and allow us to bring on another top player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fail or no, can't blame Ole for the choice. This is his chance and he will need to take it and repay the manager's faith.

Chief123

It’s great to lose your number 1 keeper and still feel just as confident with your reserve. Similar situation we had with Romero. Most other teams crap themselves if they lose their main man.

West Ham 1:3 Man Utd

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As with De Gea on similar goals, not much he could do for their corner. Then made some good saves. Nice and solid.

I'm sure De Gea will start in the CL if fit but I won't be overly concerned if he isn't.

arnie_ni

As with De Gea on similar goals, not much he could do for their corner. Then made some good saves. Nice and solid.

I'm sure De Gea will start in the CL if fit but I won't be overly concerned if he isn't.
Yea like the Southampton goal he had no chance.

Thought he made a mess of the disallowed goal. His positioning was all wrong

UncleBob

Not very good.

Apart from his pass to Bruno when we made it 1-1, that was solid

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did what he needed to do, a couple of comfortable saves and some confident catches. De Gea has been much better this season than last so he will have to be patient, but he’s a talented goalkeeper.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Did well to recover on Cresswell's free kick. He'd taken a big step to his right expecting he'd go that way, and did well to get back to his left. Good save from a good free kick.

Made a very good save early in the first half too.

He was poor for the incident when Haller fell over. He just skimmed past him with ease.

UncleBob

Yea like the Southampton goal he had no chance.

Thought he made a mess of the disallowed goal. His positioning was all wrong
Henderson makes a mess out of the 1-0 goal by coming out half distance and somehow ended up crouching. He should've stayed on the line

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was good and calm. Nice to see that we again have good no2.
But to ask all of you who criticize Dave. On how many crosses Hendo went from his line? And some of them even were floating crosses.

arnie_ni

Henderson makes a mess out of the 1-0 goal by coming out half distance and somehow ended up crouching. He should've stayed on the line
I actually don't know if this is sarcasm because of people blaming de gea last week or if he actually did do this, I can't remember ha

UncleBob

I actually don't know if this is sarcasm because of people blaming de gea last week or if he actually did do this, I can't remember ha
Henderson ended up at so called half distance, neither here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.