Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Undisputed number one.
You might want him to be but realistically, he isn't. De Gea is very much lurking.

Which in a way I'm glad about. I hope he keeps his place but given how few games we now have to judge him on, I'm glad he's having to try and do so under pressure. I want to see him stress-tested as much as possible before the summer.

He’s got some technical points to work on.

his handling, and parrying are not top drawer.

he also made a save which was similar to the goal he conceded against Milan last week, where he jumps backwards/ almost downwards and doesn’t make himself big at all.

pleased he’s getting a run. Not convinced in the long run that he will be good enough / but he needs a chance to prove himself.

I would however be much happier with the Milan keeper (can’t be arsed to type his surname) in goal.

Aouer-United

I think we have become defensively strong over the last few games.

I wonder how much of that is down to Henderson.

Deano play important role in making us more defensively because he commands the box so well and dominates them physcially. I think Milan could have two big chances if it wasn't for him to come off.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
He's one of those goalies that can throw farther than he can kick isn't he :lol:

I've almost forgotten what it's like to have a goalie that can play football.

Should be our new no. 1. I don't care he if makes 2 blunders next game. I'm sure Ole will see his quality and make the decision in the summer.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It was such a relief to have a goalie coming off his line in the dying minutes to help see out a game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His shot stopping still really concerns me, what the hell was that one in the first half?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Huge huge save from Ibra. Claimed some excellent crosses and long balls, great performance.

Mcking

Last 8 matches
7 cleansheets
1 goal conceded

Last 12 matches
10 cleansheets
3 goals conceded

R77

Same opinion of him;

I love having a GK that will come for things.
Very well played. He is more pro-active than de Gea.
Deano play important role in making us more defensively because he commands the box so well and dominates them physcially. I think Milan could have two big chances if it wasn't for him to come off.
This/these. He looks slightly dodgy at times, but his proactive nature takes some pressure and responsibility off the defence and we seem better and more solid overall with him in there. De Gea going straight back in will be frustrating and undeserved.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Still showcased the same flaws in the tip over tonight as he did with his error last week. It won’t change overnight, but Dean certainly has shit to work on technically.

Red & White

Good performance this evening and I like his in-game management with the ball. Knows when to slow the game down and when to start a quick counter. There’s no doubting he isn’t quite DDG in terms of reflexes, but very few are. A good goalkeeper has a strong relationship with his defence and he seems to have that. Another clean sheet to add, too.

SeanyC

Thought that save was good from Ibra, hadn’t much else to do tbh

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even without being entirely sold on Henderson in the long run (or buying this week's kneejerk that he's obviously better than De Gea, which will then kneejerk in the opposite direction if he makes a mistake again), I'm not sure how Ole could justify dropping him in the next game unless he has real doubts about him generally.

He's justifying his place in the team and unless Ole's already decided that DDG will be #1 next season, that should keep him in the team.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
7 clean sheets in his last 8. Should’ve been 8 but for a mistake which proved to mean nothing.

If he’s dropped now, I’d imagine he’ll look to go elsewhere in the summer

Welbeckham

Bit raw, but still more of a goalkeeper than De Gea. Makes things easier for his team-mates, De Gea does the opposite.

TrustInOle

Stepped up when called up on! He will only get better in my opinion, still young for a keeper and playing a big part in our recent defensive solidity.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That throw in overtime was amazing
And similar (and not a justification to say he deserves the place, just an observation)... tonight and a few times in other games, he caught the ball and ran to the edge of his box ,rolled it to Fred and we're at halfway line, attacking.

Minor thing but one little extra... positive thought instead of holding for ten seconds and the opponent getting set defensively and man marking our defenders making playing it out dangerous

Swiss_Red89

How do you guys see his chances for the next three England games now? This run and Pickfords injury will certainly give Southgate something to think about.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We'd have to be mental to give de Gea his spot back, 7 clean sheets out of a possible 8 for Henderson, his recent form speaks for itself.

Classical Mechanic

He essentially tackled Ibra in the box late on. That’s the kind of position we concede a big chance in when DDG is in goal. Another brilliant throw that would had led to a big chance if Shaw’s ball had been better. That’s three times in his run of games I think. The save from Ibra was only just adequate and was the same poor technique as at last weekend so that needs to get better.

Id like to see him continue to see if his more proactive and vocal style is giving the defence this stronger bedrock. Personally I’ve long felt that DDG undermines the defence with his passive stay on the line style.

kundalini

Important save from Zlatan's header. Other saves were routine.

Not perfect but an encouraging performance.

So much more proactive than De Gea. The shot stopping will come with more game time. He’s proved at Sheffield that he’s a great shot stopper.

The last 10 mins he claimed and came for everything. Made such a big difference.

saivet

Maybe I'm being too critical as I'm watching his game very closely. I thought he was fine but he parried a save in the first half for a corner which I think he should have collected and while the save from Ibra was good, it looked like he got it slighty wrong, rather than tipping it over the bar, it bounced down just in front of the post for Shaw to clear.

Drizzle

Still strikes me as a decent to good keeper. Nothing special, but fairly solid. I do worry about his handling, doesn't feel secure to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.