Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Can't see him being our long term number one. We should look to sign real competition for him this summer if De Gea leaves

The United

Thought he should have done better on their goal. But, then my expectation on United goal keepers are high especially if he is the one to replace David who was and (still is) an excellent shot stopper at his peak.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thought he should have done better on their goal. But, then my expectation on United goal keepers are high especially if he is the one to replace David who was and (still is) an excellent shot stopper at his peak.
Reminded me of the Grealish goal against us last season. Same opposition, same top corner. Both of them basically unsaveable.

Red00012

He earned them loads of points, statistically, the previous season. They would've easily stayed up imo. I don’t think they would have done as well as last season though because teams have also worked out how to beat their system.
No chance he would have kept them up

Davie Moyes

At first I wondered if he could have done better on the goal until I saw the replay and angle behind the goal. It could not have been more unsaveable.

Red00012

It hit the roof of the net , goals go in sometimes and keepers aren’t at fault.

Red_toad

That shot was magnificent , no keeper was going to save it, it was unstoppable. But you expected Hendo to do so? Jeez.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
on 1st viewing it maybe looks saveable, but the replay behind the goal shows it wasn't. arrow shot to the exact top corner.

e - maybe a question of positioning, i can't judge that. but from where he was, nobody could save that.

Teja

Total fluke goal, not much you can do about those, just move on.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
At first I wondered if he could have done better on the goal until I saw the replay and angle behind the goal. It could not have been more unsaveable.
Me too. I thought he should have done better, until you see another angel and no one would have saved that

Alemar

Not bad overall, made several saves, although he needs to work on technique: contrary to de Gea who often catches footballs, Henderson almost always parries them.

Nickelodeon

Don't think there was enough evidence to judge him on yesterday. The goal was perfect top corner so no blame attached to him, his distribution was again not tested much (though there was one stray pass into touch in the first 10 mins if I'm nitpicking) and he made one save down low which was somewhat similar to what Martinez let in from Greenwood.

izec

Not bad overall, made several saves, although he needs to work on technique: contrary to de Gea who often catches footballs, Henderson almost always parries them.
Yes, handling is a valid criticism. I said that when he was at Sheffield as well. The rest are minor tweaks, but he needs to work a bit on his handling and when to parry/catch and where. There is a fine line that is difficult to master. De Gea was very good at this and has an advantage over him there

Sylar

Ive noticed that, even a 'weaker' shot he parried to his left. Wonder what that is about.

Overall though, I feel more confident for our defence when hes in goal compared to the 'now' DDG

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can't see him being our long term number one. We should look to sign real competition for him this summer if De Gea leaves
Based on what exactly? Strange one this.

lsd

The Oracle
Based on what exactly? Strange one this.

Watching him. He seems a solid enough character but has to many weaknesses. He is not a good shot stopper and has conceded some poor goals this season.

I just don't see him as being good enough to be our number one long term

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

We look a much better team with him in goal. He'll make different mistakes than De Gea because he commands his area better and plays like a sweeper where De Gea is rooted to his line. He'll get caught out now and again but we'll concede less chances.

The chances that he prevents through being proactive can't be measured by stats however but its obvious when watching.

De Gea has not been the same keeper since that stupid rule of defenders being allowed in the penalty area on goal kicks. Probably a coincidence but he's had to adapt his game a bit and doesn't look comfortable doing it.

Foxbatt

The fact he played in the lower divisions might have helped him deal with the physicality of the British game. DeGea at his peak was one of the best in the world and Dean has a long way to go to earn that tag.
The defense looks more comfortable with him in goal though.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Will say again, don't see the hype with this guy. Definitely not United quality.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Very very poor from him tonight. He could’ve done better on 3/4 goals

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We need to be looking for a new keeper in summer methinks. Neither he or de Gea is up to the required standard.

pablo__p

Positioning for 4th goal was pure comedy gold.

He did something very similar earlier this season but was saved by an offside call.

No idea how people can be confident he's "the future" of United.
Nothing for me that would suggest he's even close to being on a trajectory to being a world class gk.

acnumber9

If he’s number one next season we’ll be looking a new keeper within a year. He comes and challenges McTominay who has a free header on the first and makes an arse of the punch. I need say nothing about the third. And the fourth, he couldn’t have made any easier even if he’d got a huge neon sign saying please shoot here. He’s as average as they come.

England’s third choice keeper behind Pickford and Pope as United’s number one? God help us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's entirely average. Mid table premier league goalkeeper. We have other priorities, but he definitely isn't the answer IMO. Just looks small in net with no stand out qualities.

Absolutely shambolic. The positioning for the fourth goal was laughable. I genuinely don't know what we should do for our goalkeeper position next season, I don't trust him or DDG.

Status
Not open for further replies.