Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
De Gea saves first and second. Fumbles the third just as Henderson does. Possibly saves 4th -- certainly does better with positioning. I mean the positioning for the 4th? Are you kidding me?

izec

Terrible. Needs to have a hard look at himself. If you get games, you need to take your chances. He is fecking up currently.

OmarUnited4ever

First goal poor clearance but the defence ball watching, second goal can't be blamed for, Pogba let his mam run free at the back, third goal he should've done better but I blame Fred and Shaw for it, fourth goal should've come out of his line as he did with Mane..

Overall bad game for him but the team was in total shambles

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What was he doing for the 3rd goal though? Why did he push the ball straight back to Firminho?

acnumber9

Was this the first time he didn’t have Maguire at the back with him? That probably didn’t help.
Apparently Henderson’s great skill is how calm he makes the defence. Like coming out and punching the ball from you just as you’re about to clear an uncontested header would make you calm.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
De Gea saves first and second. Fumbles the third just as Henderson does. Possibly saves 4th -- certainly does better with positioning. I mean the positioning for the 4th? Are you kidding me?
Don't worry, he makes the defence calm.

Utter bullshit. He is average but has a huge ego and made some saves while on loan. To replace DDG with him would be a catastrophe

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This audition for #1 isn't going according to plan, is it.

Ole saying he picks players based on form? Can we have a game we can base this evidence on please?

Revan

Assumptionman
He is just one of those random mid-table
keepers who you forget their existence after a couple of years. Seems that we will go into a goalkeeping limbo (same as between Schmeichel and VDS) in the next years.

Alemar

Experiment with Henderson must have ended, apparently. Even in his worst matches de Gea has never been THAT poor

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
First - saves more often than Henderson
Second - saves more often than Henderson
Third - could spill it just the same
Fourth - gave up on the match by then

DDG probably would have kept one of the two out.

But Henderson solidifies is more in the back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Poor performance, fumbled a shot for one of the goals and then his positioning for Salah's breakaway goal was awful.

Classical Mechanic

De Gea let in almost a carbon copy of Liverpool’s second against Leicester on Tuesday.

Paxi

First - saves more often than Henderson
Second - saves more often than Henderson
Third - could spill it just the same
Fourth - gave up on the match by then

DDG probably would have kept one of the two out.

But Henderson solidifies is more in the back.
Im not sure what you're trying to say mate. Sorry had a few.
On balance De Get should be our number 1.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Another loan? Doesn’t look ready does he
Another loan would do him about as much good as it did Joel Pereira. He just doesn't have the reflexes or the technique to be good enough for the job. He can shore up his technique and be good enough to have a solid career at a PL club, but it's not Man Utd.

He's a poor man's Pickford and I'm saying poor because Pickford has the ability to actually pull off some world-class saves.
This has always been a shit comparison for the reason you mentioned. Pickford is a Lloris-type keeper, he's got great reflexes and can use them to pull off some pretty incredible feats of shot stopping, but always has a feck up in him. I haven't seen anything to suggest Henderson could even be that.

acnumber9

Barthez made it harder for Di Canio that time he just stood with his hand in the air than Henderson made that fourth goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was given the keys for the second half of the season to see if he’s up for it, and I don’t think he is in the long term. I’m certain De Gea no longer is either, though. Bit of an issue we will need to resolve at some point, but with so many other positions of priority...

Paxi

De Gea let in almost a carbon copy of Liverpool’s second against Leicester On Tuesday.
I'm not saying he's making that save 10 times out of. I'm saying, I've seen De Gea make those saves at a canter back in the day. At the end of the day, were not trying to make a sideways move to a goalie -- we're trying to improve on De Gea, and with Henderson, we are not.

Bosws87

Has anyone actually seen anything that makes him any better then Romero in all honesty apart from age.

sillwuka

Ole has played a blinder here, he needed to know if Dean was anywhere close to the required level needed for next year. Evidently not. Unfortunately I don't think Dean is capable of the heroics De Gea has shown before with regards to shot stopping.

The more I think about it, the more I'm willing to accept De Gea glued to his line only because I know he will save us when it really really matters!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Im not sure what you're trying to say mate. Sorry had a few.
On balance De Get should be our number 1.
Haven’t seen the fourth goal myself.

My concern about the final is potentially no Maguire might necessitate Henderson to tighten up the back five.

If Maguire plays, then DDG should start.

mu4c_20le

I'd be delighted if he could reach Pickford levels. He and Heaton or Johnstone can rotate.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Not sure how he's at fault for the last goal. It was over as soon as Matic made the bizarre choice of engulfing himself in No man's land. Salah had all the advantage in the world.

Not to standard unfortunately. Some decent moments in this run but a few blunders too. Unlucky Deano. You won’t be on top. I was rooting for you.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Mad to write him off but the sort of performance that really makes you wonder....

4th goal beyond belief, what on earth?

Roboc7

Has anyone actually seen anything that makes him any better then Romero in all honesty apart from age.
We’re just seeing his limitations playing regularly at higher level, Romero wouldn’t last long as a number one, hasn’t done in the past.

Paxi

Haven’t seen the fourth goal myself.

My concern about the final is potentially no Maguire might necessitate Henderson to tighten up the back five.

If Maguire plays, then DDG should start.
I've followed Henderson quite thoroughly over past 2 years and I just don't see it in him. Sure, he's brave and commanding -- I don't buy Keane's assessment that he's not a big presence -- he's just very average apart from being brave and commanding. Very underwhelming.

Gavinb33

I'm not saying he's making that save 10 times out of. I'm saying, I've seen De Gea make those saves at a canter back in the day. At the end of the day, were not trying to make a sideways move to a goalie -- we're trying to improve on De Gea, and with Henderson, we are not.
De Gea hasn't been that guy for 2 or 3 years though, we have conceded more goals from set pieces this year than I've ever seen and Henderson hasn't been in goal for all the games

Status
Not open for further replies.