Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

He isn't sure where he is in relation to the goal so is unsure where he is or what angle he has.
The annoying thing is he does no where he is as he’s just ran back from his 18 yarder looking at the goal and not Salah for a large part of it. So he knows exactly where he is he just for whatever reason takes a terrible position.

Keane has just said something as well which I fully agree with and have mentioned before. He looks tiny between the sticks.

I’m guessing DeGea must have said he is off because on performances no way has Henderson showed he is in anyway better than DeGea. Heard a rumour DeGea is going back to Atletico and will be a swap with Oblak which if DeGea is leaving Oblak is arguably the only other decent option.

Blood Mage

Atrocious tonight and has looked shaky most times I've seen him this season. Yet to be convinced that he's better than the likes of Foster, Kuszczak and Lindegaard.

RonaldoVII

Not sure how he's at fault for the last goal. It was over as soon as Matic made the bizarre choice of engulfing himself in No man's land. Salah had all the advantage in the world.
He isn't at fault for it but it's still a pathetic attempt at trying to prevent it.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm still not sure about him. His positioning is odd at times. He parries the ball out too much for my liking.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
De Gea hasn't been that guy for 2 or 3 years though, we have conceded more goals from set pieces this year than I've ever seen and Henderson hasn't been in goal for all the games
De Gea had a poor 2018 WC and then since then he has been very inconsistent. I still expect him to make some saves. 1st and 4th goal tonight, I think De Gea makes more often than not.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought of Ederson after that goal. It’s a weakness of his too. Don't remember him doing it that recently though.
I'm fairly sure that usually Henderson's weakness in those sort of situations is that he runs out too early, which as the tweet says makes the chance easy for the striker. It might be that this was overcorrection on his part having been caught out like that before. He did the first part right by staying deep but then didn't move at the right time.

Paxi

Who is this guy lad? I seen you post him mentioning the way he swings his arms behind him and now I cannot unsee it. He does it every single time, obviously.

kundalini

Worrying performance. Admittedly they had a lot of big chances but awful error for the 3rd goal and left a huge space for Salah to score the 4th. Did well to stop Jota in the 1st half and Mane in the 2nd.

Keepers are going to make errors from time to time.

At the moment, I'd still have Henderson in goal for next season based on his generally upwards trajectory. Hopefully he can learn from his mistakes and improve a bit.

OhGee

Atrocious tonight and has looked shaky most times I've seen him this season. Yet to be convinced that he's better than the likes of Foster, Kuszczak and Lindegaard.
Yeah and many out there think he should be our #1. He is a Jordan Pickford v2.0. Next year this time we’ll be rueing the moment where we swapped a world class goalkeeper for an average one who should be starting for a mid table team...

mu4c_20le

Who is this guy lad? I seen you post him mentioning the way he swings his arms behind him and now I cannot unsee it. He does it every single time, obviously.
Some kid trying to make himself known and get hired by a football club

Classical Mechanic

I'm fairly sure that usually Henderson's weakness in those sort of situations is that he runs out too early, which as the tweet says makes the chance easy for the striker. It might be that this was overcorrection on his part having been caught out like that before. He did the first part right by staying deep but then didn't move at the right time.
Progress then, if you’re being optimistic!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was pretty poor tonight.

Along with Fred and Shaw he was responsible for the 3rd goal. And it seemed the error was playing on his mind as he had a brain freeze moment for the 4th one. I don't expect a goalkeeper to save a 1 v 1, but there were some really poor touches by Salah, and I really believe Hendo could have made it a lot more harder for Salah, if not saved it

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just some guy who does freelance goalkeeper statsitical analysis. He works with some clubs but mostly I started following him because a few of the high-level stats experts from the likes of the Financial Times followed him, so I figured his use of stats would probably be reliable at least.

I think he's really good. Or at least the things he says seem obviously true once he points them out. I'm spotting that arm swing on a load of goalkeepers now too. :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Just some guy who does freelance goalkeeper statsitical analysis. He works with some clubs but mostly I started following him because a few of the high-level stats experts from the likes of the Financial Times followed him, so I figured his use of stats would probably be reliable at least.

I think he's really good. Or at least the things he says seem obviously true once he points them out. I'm spotting that arm swing on a load of goalkeepers now too. :lol:
He’s got a PhD in Astronomy from Cambridge so you’d expect him to be a diligent and capable individual. Seems weird to have that education and spend your career analysing how goalkeepers move their arms though.

Paxi

What you think of Henderson. I'm concerned. I just can't see it. Don't get me wrong im not an expert like that twitter guy but I've never really saw it with Henderson. I don't think his for form has picked up or dipped since SU. I think he's largely same goalie with same traits. Do I think he's a good keeper -- sure! Look at Ramsdale, there -- like a rabbit in the headlights. But is he a clear upgrade on De Gea? No, not for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Didn’t watch the game but his positioning the fourth goal. Woof.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Still has a lot to learn. But his all round game, so far has him ahead of de Gea. Maguire a big loss in front of him too as our defence was even more appalling than usual.

Dave has made loads of mistakes early in his career and even more recently. Hendo deserves his own run to see what he is made of.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
De Gea saves first and second. Fumbles the third just as Henderson does. Possibly saves 4th -- certainly does better with positioning. I mean the positioning for the 4th? Are you kidding me?
The only one I'm confident DDG would be better on is the 3rd. He is very good on avoiding rebound goals when possible.
1st one was a late deflection that *maybe* peak DDG gets to, just about, 2nd was unsaveable, and 4th, well he did badly, but even if he tried harder Salah is probably scoring there. Only the 3rd was a real error.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's better than de Gea still, I feel. Need to give him a chance to develop anyway because we're not spending big money on a keeper anytime soon.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Pickford vibes, jittery and unsettled. Even when De Gea first came into the team he made mistakes regularly but you could see the potential and it paid off big for a good number of seasons. I just don’t see that in Henderson.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Couldn't believe the Salah goal. No keeper does that.

Rush out and if Salah finishes past you, fair enough, he's a good finisher. Don't just stand on the line and give him the entire goal to slot it into.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Good keeper. De Gea is better for me. People seem to underrate De Gea as he’s not on the ridiculous level he was 3-4 years ago.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Nowhere near Utd No 1 right now...

The overblown self confidence etc remind me of the "grrr English lion" shite that surrounded the likes of Hart, and Pickford.

If tonight was a cameo, I'm starting De Gea in every game for the rest of the season... the least he deserves is a chance to show he's capable of rising to the challenge.

edcunited1878

He had a poor match today, no doubt about that. Was this his first Liverpool v United match in PL?

He clattered into McTominay for the 1st goal, which made his punch weak and neither communicated, which kept the ball in the box and United out of whack. 2nd goal was a good header but there was only one window or pocket the ball was going through and it went through, but not too worried about the 2nd goal as the 3rd - he should have controlled the save and rebound was bad...4th goal he exposed the entire left handside of the goal, thus getting his angles a bit wrong.

On to next week, hopefully he'll take tonight as another good lesson and kick on. Made a couple good saves on Jota.

Status
Not open for further replies.