Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Greenwood is the only strange one and Southgate seems to be holding the Iceland incident against him although magically absolving Foden of blame.

Probably the truth is United fans used to be spoiled with loads of England players but now, if we’re honest with ourselves, is there anyone outside of Maguire, Shaw and Rashford who should 100% be in the squad.
United probably have the biggest England contingent with Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire, Shaw and Henderson. There's also Lingard who is usually in and around and then Wan Bissaka who is out of favour.

Greenwood's form didn't warrant a call up for the majority of the season. His end of season form was good and he made the larger squad, with rumours he was going to be part of the 26 man squad. If Greenwood was good throughout the season he would have been called up like Foden was.
Greenwood was called up but withdrew with injury. Also Foden didn't start the season well and only really kicked into form towards the end of it. Infact I don't think Foden even played that much.

Jibbs

Awarding De Gea that ridiculous contract should be reason enough to sack Ole. Just goes to to show what a novice he is.

As for Henderson. He should absolutely be our number 1 next year with preferably a new keeler as back up and to fight that number 1 spot.

De Gea is a costly mistake. He should be let go for free. I bet there would hardly be any takers even than. Probably only Juventus.

tomaldinho1

United probably have the biggest England contingent with Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire, Shaw and Henderson. There's also Lingard who is usually in and around and then Wan Bissaka who is out of favour.
I think Maguire being out is the big miss from a United fan's perspective as I'd imagine Southgate would put Shaw in with Maguire given they are already a partnership.

Last game's starting XI + subs was: Spurs, City x 4, WHUM, Chelsea, Leeds, Athletico, B'Dortmund, Everton x 2, Villa, United...probably the most broadly English team I can remember from a huge selection of clubs and nice to see some non English clubs in there as well.

Last Euro's starting XI + subs was: City x 2, Spurs x 5, Chelsea, United x 2, Liverpool x2, Arsenal. (amazing when you contrast the Spurs presence then to now)

For reference: Hart, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Dele, Dier, Rooney, Sterling, Kane, Lallana + Milner, Wilshere subs.

Re Henderson this upcoming season will be make or break at United I feel - if he can perform well and cement the No1 at club level I think he'll be England No1 for ages. Everyone wants a sweeper keeper these days and that then helps us with Maguire/Shaw maybe even AWB coming into contention.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think Maguire being out is the big miss from a United fan's perspective as I'd imagine Southgate would put Shaw in with Maguire given they are already a partnership.

Last game's starting XI + subs was: Spurs, City x 4, WHUM, Chelsea, Leeds, Athletico, B'Dortmund, Everton x 2, Villa, United...probably the most broadly English team I can remember from a huge selection of clubs and nice to see some non English clubs in there as well.

Last Euro's starting XI + subs was: City x 2, Spurs x 5, Chelsea, United x 2, Liverpool x2, Arsenal. (amazing when you contrast the Spurs presence then to now)

For reference: Hart, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Dele, Dier, Rooney, Sterling, Kane, Lallana + Milner, Wilshere subs.

Re Henderson this upcoming season will be make or break at United I feel - if he can perform well and cement the No1 at club level I think he'll be England No1 for ages. Everyone wants a sweeper keeper these days and that then helps us with Maguire/Shaw maybe even AWB coming into contention.
You did say squad not starting eleven

United are well represented in my opinion, especially in comparison to other big clubs.

tomaldinho1

You did say squad not starting eleven

United are well represented in my opinion, especially in comparison to other big clubs.
Yes - that's fair - maybe the difference isn't numbers but the player reputations. I guess we're used to having key players you knew would start i.e Rooney, Rio, G Nev, Becks etc. whereas now I'd say the media really focuses on non United players. Maybe Maguire is the exception but he's injured.

Gandalf

Awarding De Gea that ridiculous contract should be reason enough to sack Ole. Just goes to to show what a novice he is.

As for Henderson. He should absolutely be our number 1 next year with preferably a new keeler as back up and to fight that number 1 spot.

De Gea is a costly mistake. He should be let go for free. I bet there would hardly be any takers even than. Probably only Juventus.
I never knew that Ole was in charge of contracts and budgets, the bastard!

arthurka

Tbf to him he's got better throughout the season and really he's not bad for a 5th choice. Who would Spain's 5th choice keeper be for example? Kepa is their 4th choice so...
Really thought he had a mare of a season.

Siezard

Ole didn't award the contract. He was not the manager at United yet. Get your facts right.

Status
Not open for further replies.