Player Agent: Stellar Football Ltd
Squad Number: #26
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Date of last contract extension: Aug 25, 2020

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
sounds like he needs to take some time off. comes across like a ticking time bomb. it also seems that he’ll be his own biggest barrier to making it here. he comes across almost too driven.

i remember reading jonny wilkinson’s autobiography and can see some parallels. fear of failure meant he’d alan partridge underwater crying technique himself, bite his own hand and rip his clothes (not all at the same time.) dean might be cut from the same cloth.

punk19

To be fair - if we loaned out DDG or made it clear that Henderson was Number 1 then this would mostly go away (from what he has said). It seems like it was trying to get into the team that was causing the issue. IMO even if DDG is slightly better he is not worth £300,000 a week more than Henderson (or, whatever it is). Give him the place in the team and let him have time to prove himself at this club i think he deserves it. Don't want to criticise DDG but always find it easier to want the homegrown to thrive then those from Spain, etc. Henderson is a likeable chap and that counts for a lot to me. DDG when we needed him most to commit to the club has always lead us along the garden path either seeking one of the big clubs or more money. Can't blame him i suppose but now is the time to stop it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Assume he's still injured? Maybe he won't be starting as number 1 after all

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Tough break for him, hope he's over it soon.

Annoying for us as - whoever we go with - having both DDG and Henderson vying for the one position again next season is arguably the worst case scenario of any.

DickDastardly

Just? Long covid is potentially several times more dangerous than a random football related injury.
Its not typical but ok, i agree, Covid does not discriminate.

It can hit pro athletes as much as the next guy, kinda hoping our medical team is on it and it shouldn't be a long term problem.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

It can hit pro athletes as much as the next guy, kinda hoping our medical team is on it and it shouldn't be a long term problem.
What? It absolutely does.

DickDastardly

What? It absolutely does.
Don't know what you're reffering to.

My point was it doesn't discriminate between professional athletes and regular people, it could affect both equally.

But, let's not go into covid stuff on a performance thread. Hopefully it won't effect Deans performances in the future.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Our title chances may be harder within the first few games if our opponents capitalises on De Gea and his inability to deal with corners at all.

It's the only reason he was ever dropped for Henderson.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interesting. Wonder how much this impacts our goalkeeper decision.

Someone has to start the season as #1 and most people would have assumed it would be Henderson. If De Gea ends up starting because Henderson isn't fully up to speed though and does okay, is Ole going to actively drop De Gea in favour of the keeper he might have intended to start with once the latter is fit? Or does it present De Gea with a chance to reclaim the #1 spot again?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Our title chances may be harder within the first few games if our opponents capitalises on De Gea and his inability to deal with corners at all.

It's the only reason he was ever dropped for Henderson.
christ where to start on this

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wish him a speedy recovery. Awful timing.

SirAF

Ageist

Aye, that’s why it’s so scary. Henderson is a top class athlete and is still reeling from it. Bloody hell.

CM

That's a shame for him. Henderson has more of an aura about him and that confidence seems to translate to the defence when he's playing so hopefully he's fit and ready sooner rather than later.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Henderson wasn't particularly convincing under corners either. But I suspect our frailties in that regard had less to do with either keeper and more to do with our organisation at set-pieces generally.

After all, De Gea has always had that weakness but we haven't always been among the worst in terms of goals conceded from set-pieces while he was here. And (surprising though this may seem to some) there are goalkeepers in the league who are just as or even more passive when it comes to claiming corners than De Gea, again without it resulting in the same set-piece goals conceded (or at least the same proportion).

It certainly wasn't the only reason Henderson started ahead of DDG.

Last edited:

GBBQ

Not a great time to be out. If Varane and Maguire form a strong partnership and reduce the corners and crosses that DeGea needs to deal with DDG might go back to looking like his world class self again.

DomM

has anyone else been impressed with Heaton in pre season, think he's done very well.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Both not good enough, don't really care which one of them can't play other than it being difficult for a professional football player to be out. Heaton is as good as both if not better. And that too is nowhere near good enough.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
has anyone else been impressed with Heaton in pre season, think he's done very well.
Tom is a solid keeper, capable of shithouse superman performances for Burnley against us for example, but he’s not week in week out quality for us, or CL quality for that matter. If Sergio Romero couldn’t get a game, I don’t see Tom getting many.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Both not good enough, don't really care which one of them can't play other than it being difficult for a professional football player to be out. Heaton is as good as both if not better. And that too is nowhere near good enough.
have to agree here. I think a fresh new keeper preferably one who has already been on consistent level in a big league should have been looked at as well.

De Gea might need a new challenge and Henderson is to inexperienced to carry this United to winning actual trophies (in my opinion).

since that isn’t the case, one would ideally hope that De Gea at 30 age kicks on and finds his form that made him world class .

Zoo

Rough luck for Dean and hopefully he gets over this quickly. It does give De Gea an unexpected chance to save his United career behind what should be a very good defence.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Covid doesn't just effect the unfit or the overweight.

Long Covid can knock the stuffing out of even the fittest sportsmen.
Of course it can, I never said otherwise.

But on average it affects the elderly, obese, and immunocompromised most severely. So by definition, it does discriminate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Of course it can, I never said otherwise.

But on average it affects the elderly, obese, and immunocompromised most severely. So by definition, it does discriminate.
A virus effecting the weak the worst? well I never.

The point is COVID can make even the fittest people really struggle. There's clearly different levels that people get, some just a mild cold - others full blown pnuemonia.

For somebody as fit as Henderson struggling to train because of it shows that.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
A virus effecting the weak the worst? well I never.

The point is COVID can make even the fittest people really struggle. There's clearly different levels that people get, some just a mild cold - others full blown pnuemonia.

For somebody as fit as Henderson struggling to train because of it shows that.
I understand that, my point is that "COVID does not discriminate" is asinine wording, when statistically it very much does.

If I were to hire 10 men and 1 woman for my company, would I be able to claim that "I don't discriminate"? I don't think so.

Marcus

This is exactly why United need 2 good gaolkeepers! Hope both DDG and him stay and fight each other for a starting spot.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I understand that, my point is that "COVID does not discriminate" is asinine wording, when statistically it very much does.

If I were to hire 10 men and 1 woman for my company, would I be able to claim that "I don't discriminate"? I don't think so.
If those 10 men and 1 women were the best 11 candidates for the job, then yes.

Mickson

I'm not totally up to GB's vaccinations, but shouldn't he be fully vaccinated? A blow for Deano though, awful timing.

Mickson

Getting vaccinated doesn't stop you from catching the virus and feeling its effects, it just drastically reduces how ill you get if you do catch it.
That's absolutely not what they have told us here in Sweden, apparently, it reduces the chances to catch the virus. But I don't know so I won't discuss it further. I will assume that he's not fully vaccinated then.

United in sin

That's absolutely not what they have told us here in Sweden, apparently, it reduces the chances to catch the virus. But I don't know so I won't discuss it further. I will assume that he's not fully vaccinated then.
Right, that's what we're told as well stateside. The vaccine significantly reduces the chances of getting infected and the efficacy of most of the vaccines is over 90%

The Cluck

Right, that's what we're told as well stateside. The vaccine significantly reduces the chances of getting infected and the efficacy of most of the vaccines is over 90%
I probably should have been more specific (I wouldn't want to spread misinformation): getting vaccinated doesn't guarantee you won't still catch the virus and feel its effects, but yes, absolutely, it will dramatically reduce your chances of getting it and getting seriously ill as a consequence.

No idea if Henderson is fully or partially vaccinated, or neither, though.

Acole9

Outstanding
Judging from the update Solskjaer gave yesterday it sounds like he's still fatigued from it.

Hope he gets well soon and we see him back on the pitch.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Any news on him? Is he fit and does he still want to be first choice (somewhere)?

Status
Not open for further replies.