Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He needs to leave frankly, this ridiculous goalkeeping situation is not sustainable and one has to go, with Dean being the most saleable.

Man Utd 0:1 West Ham

el3mel

People really wanted this lad to be our main GK this season ? Ridiculous.

He's years away from good enough to be the main Man United GK.

Just look at his positioning in his goal. It's awful.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Just look at his positioning in the goal. It's awful.
How is he even at fault? It's Telles' fault.

el3mel

How is he even at fault? It's Telles' fault.
I don't remember saying in my post the goal is his own fault, where did I say that ? I'm talking about his positioning in his own goal.

His overall positioning in his goal throughout the whole game was wank, and he could have easily been the cause of a second goal of their one of their chances in second half, due to him coming out of his goal in a terrible way.

Based Adnan

Just look at his positioning in the goal. It's awful.
Weird criticism. He's at his near post, the ball gets cut back and shot first time. Where do you want him positioned? More to the right? Then you'd be criticizing him if he concedes near post.

His positioning is fine. The defending leading up to the goal is criminal.

el3mel

Weird criticism. He's at his near post, the ball gets cut back and shot first time. Where do you want him positioned? More to the right? Then you'd be criticizing him if he concedes near post.

It seems like people are misunderstanding my post. :lol: I'm not talking about the goal we conceded. I'm talking about his positioning in his own goal throughout the whole game in general.

I'll edit my post.

FerociousCorgis

i think the poster is referring to his overall positioning in the goal, not his positioning "for" the goal, if im not mistaken

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Yeah mate do you wanna teach him ?

Based Adnan

It seems like people are misunderstanding my post. :lol: I'm not talking about the goal we conceded. I'm talking about his positioning in his own goal throughout the whole game in general.

I'll edit my post.
i think the poster is referring to his overall positioning in the goal, not his positioning "for" the goal, if im not mistaken
Fair enough. Can't say I noticed it much. Thought he made some really good saves to keep us in it if anything.

Revan

Assumptionman
Dunno what he was doing in that case when Yarmalenko hit the post, however was good in the next chance minutes when he didn't allow Noble to score.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Has he actually had a good game for us yet? I’m honestly not sure he has. I’m probably just forgetting it though.

Viral United

Dunno what he was doing in that case when Yarmalenko hit the post, however was good in the next chance minutes when he didn't allow Noble to score.
He was no man's land, he try to reach him or say try to close him down, but can't blame him, our defiance was wild open.

Brophs

The One and Only
He was really good, dinked crossfield passes in midfield aside.

RedDevilRoshi

Wasn’t poor but wasn’t anything to shout home about regarding his performance. Average, 6 out of 10.

It’s clear as day that DDG is the number 1 at the club. I reckon we will let Henderson leave in January either on loan or on a permanent transfer. He’s a good goalkeeper that I’m sure will want to be playing regularly week in, week out.

Oranges038

Good to see him back, a solid enough performance.

The Yarmolenko chance and that pass late on he didn't do a whole pile wrong.

Not much chance on the goal either.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bar that ridiculous overhit pass to VDB in the dying mins, thought overall did pretty good.

ti vu

Seems to be happening very often for him to be in no man's land, to be fair.
Agree. He often looks like being in weird position. Neither sweeping a chance according to the play, nor in good position ready to react to incoming shots.

Giving the vibe of Barthez, than proactive VdS.

lsd

The Oracle
Has he actually had a good game for us yet? I’m honestly not sure he has. I’m probably just forgetting it though.

He is very confident apparently and from what i can tell that seems to be his only quality

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am still waiting for a game where he will bail us out. Some world class save or something. He doesn't make mistakes but he doesn't make crucial saves also.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s not that good. I’ve been saying this since he was at Sheffield, he’s a decent premier league keeper but he’s never a United number 1. For me he’s the 3rd best keeper at the club. I rate Tom Heaton fairly highly.

EtH

I am still waiting for a game where he will bail us out. Some world class save or something. He doesn't make mistakes but he doesn't make crucial saves also.
Noble 1v1. What was that then ? Bowen late on as well.

He was good tonight. Didn’t put a foot wrong. Nothing he could do for the goal.

Revan

Assumptionman
He’s not that good. I’ve been saying this since he was at Sheffield, he’s a decent premier league keeper but he’s never a United number 1. For me he’s the 3rd best keeper at the club.
I don’t rate him at all, but he is better than Heaton. I thought that Romero was better than him though, and was the perfect second keeper.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Noble 1v1. What was that then ?

He was good tonight. Didn’t put a foot wrong. Nothing he could do for the goal.
Nothing? Really? Let me be clear here. His fault? Absolutely not. But you want to say that that shot can't be saved?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t rate him at all, but he is better than Heaton. I thought that Romero was better than him though, and was the perfect second keeper.
Granted, I haven’t seen Heaton play in a couple of years, but I used to watch him at Burnley fairly regularly & he always impressed me. He may have regressed though.

Romero was a very good keeper. We were very unfair to him in his final season.

MUFC OK

Bar that ridiculous overhit pass to VDB in the dying mins, thought overall did pretty good.
I actually think he had a very solid game but the frustration at this moment almost sullied all his hard work. Really wasnt surprised to see him over play it, he fancies himself a bit too much and can see that streak costing him a bit until he gains experience.

Blood Mage

Good goalkeeper. Not on De Gea's level but also too good to be a no.2, he would probably start for West Ham. We need to cash in next summer.

EtH

Nothing? Really? Let me be clear here. His fault? Absolutely not. But you want to say that that shot can't be saved?
Yes I’m saying you are being hypercritical and expecting far too much of any keeper in that situation. The ball was basically pulled back to the six and he has to man his near post first.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes I’m saying you are being hypercritical and expecting far too much of any keeper in that situation. The ball was basically pulled back to the six and he has to man his near post first.
Strange hearing that from United fans. Fans who are watching De Gea saving that kind of shots over a decade now. Not to mention Big Pete or VDS.

The United

He is a good shotstopper.

Although his eagerness to show that he is different to Dave - how he proactive he is in the box - might slow down his natural development.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't remember saying in my post the goal is his own fault, where did I say that ? I'm talking about his positioning in his own goal.

His overall positioning in his goal throughout the whole game was wank, and he could have easily been the cause of a second goal of their one of their chances in second half, due to him coming out of his goal in a terrible way.
He pulled some very good saves to keep us alive in that second half. And one of the save due to great positioning. Not sure which second half you were referring to.

izec

2 great saves in the second half. Almost got a hand to the shot that lead to the goal as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I thought he was good. There isn’t a massive difference between the keepers for me. Last season Hendo was better up until DDG got back into form. This season DDG is playing well so it’s going to be hard for Henderson to get a meaningful run in the team. We have to play him if he’s staying on our books for 350k p/w and he’s actually playing well and isn’t making noises about moving anymore. I can see Henderson being sold or moving out on loan again. He’s definitely the more saleable of the two.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I get that sometimes you need to just clear the ball away from goal, but last night there was a handful of occasions where he had time on the ball and/or a decent option to pass short from the back and he just elected to whale it upfield to nobody and give possession of the football back to West Ham. Got progressively more frustrating as the night went on and we needed a goal.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I thought he was good. There isn’t a massive difference between the keepers for me. Last season Hendo was better up until DDG got back into form. This season DDG is playing well so it’s going to be hard for Henderson to get a meaningful run in the team. We have to play him if he’s staying on our books for 350k p/w and he’s actually playing well and isn’t making noises about moving anymore. I can see Henderson being sold or moving out on loan again. He’s definitely the more saleable of the two.
Bolded part sums the situation up for me. David is genuinely a far superior goal keeper, but was in poor form. I think a lot of folk fell for Deans confidence and bluster, but I don’t think he is genuinely our best option for No.1 if and when we move on from David.

Status
Not open for further replies.