Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

One good thing about Ralf going upstairs next season, plus having Fletch on the side lines (at present) is that the players cant simply fall back on "waiting for the next manager" because the current manager is going to pick the next manager!

Ralf wont forget that Dean walked out and wants out! he wont forget Martial wants out!

L1nk

No player bigger than the club, but I lay the fault of this failure of management on the previous regime and the people above. If Henderson was never going to displace De Gea anytime soon, we should have cashed in on him that summer when his stock was high and he wanted to play regular football, instead I have no doubt he was promised he would take over from De Gea here only for De Gea to then pick up form and make himself undroppable and Solskjaer didn't know how to deal with it. If Dean wants to play for United he should wait for his chance but he's clearly young, hungry and was made promises that haven't been kept, he should keep his head down and his mouth shut but I can see why he would be angry

miked99

I just don't see it wth this guy. He's never going to be good enough to be the undisputed number one keeper for United.

He'll have a good career somewhere, but I doubt it will be here.

GMoore23

Did Rangnick promise him the start against Villa then go back on his word. If so, what's up with our fecking managers not keeping their word. You can't be a true leader of men if your word's worth nothing.

Smores

He's got grounds for genuine grievance with how it's gone but anyone not being professional can feck off.

We should let him leave on loan and then if he has the balls to challenge for his place he can do so under the new manager.

SuperiorXI

It's one thing being upset about not starting but it's another leaking to the press and walking out... if the stories are true then good riddance.

Oranges038

Did the guy in the video really call Romero Romario?

I genuinely think he's a better fit for the team than DDG. And maybe he has grounds to be annoyed, but he should be staying professional and working hard to prove his case.

But, if the reports are true, then he can do one. Don't need that kind of attitude around the place.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Did Rangnick promise him the start against Villa then go back on his word. If so, what's up with our fecking managers not keeping their word. You can't be a true leader of men if your word's worth nothing.
Assuming for a second that happened, the apposite question might then be why Rangnick did so. For example, if (as suggested in a post on the previous page) Henderson is one of the main players leaking to the media and was displaying a negative attitude then Rangnick could well have had good reason to change his mind about playing him.

But it's all very baseless speculation anyway.

redshaw

He was like this before and really he should be let go, not so much for his cocky attitude but he's a young upcoming keeper that can't really waste time on the bench. De Gea has come back into form and earns an incredible amount of money so it was inevitable, the club made a rod for it's own back. Henderson was always either play me or sell or loan me right this minute, he is very keen to play first team football somewhere which I very much understand.

I don't rate either De Gea or Henderson. Sadly for Henderson he's quite short with a thin frame and looks tiny in the goal.

IRN-BRUno

He got his chance at the end of last season and did okay at best. It's nobody's fault that he got Covid and missed the start of this season but he can't complain about De Gea keeping his place since then. Understandable that he's frustrated at not being allowed to leave at the moment but he needs to stay professional about it.

Never really seen enough from him to suggest he'll be a top keeper so we should be looking to move him on anyway. Could probably have got £40m after his Sheffield United loan but I suspect it'll be a lot less now.

sugar_kane

Stephen Howson said today that he's heard reliably that Henderson is the (main) player leaking negative United stories to the press. On a very recent Vibe with Five, also with Howson, and Rio Ferdinand was targeting a specific player he wouldn't name and basically called said player a coward who isn't happy with his lot so is trying to bring everyone else down. Later in the same video, Rio, by implication, ruled out the obvious candidates for this "coward" - not Lingard, not Pogba etc.

Howson also stated that he's heard that Henderson isn't the only one but may well be the main one.
The above is probably just speculation but it had crossed my mind as well that Henderson was the source, he wasn't shy of bigging himself up even openly to the press (from memory, it was when De Gea was going through a rough patch too) and clearly thinks a lot of himself.

I do sympathise with him if he was told he'd get chances and he hasn't, but he seems like a bit of a tool tbh.

izec

Big mistake, we should have given him the No. 1 spot. He will be successful wherever he goes. He will have a better future than De Gea, so keeping him out of goal is just baffling. He needs the backing, GK always do, otherwise they dont perform to their level.You can quote me in a couple of years. Looking for a mid to long term GK when we have one on the bench. This club just doesnt want to make difficult, but right decisions.

izec

If, and its a big if the stories are true and he's the leak he can get to feck.
He is just leaking to get out. Why do you think there are rumours of him being the mole? He wants to force a move out. Can't blame him, he didnt stay to sit on the bench behind a worse GK. Ole made promises to a pot of players and fecked them over by not giving them the fair and promised chances.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He has been mucked about to be honest, should have loaned him start of the season

Pickle85

Very high opinion of himself considering his level is no higher than midtable (yes yes, that's us at the moment etc).

Acole9

Outstanding
He sounds like a twat, we should just get rid. He's not even that bloody good.

Gazza

He is just leaking to get out. Why do you think there are rumours of him being the mole? He wants to force a move out. Can't blame him, he didnt stay to sit on the bench behind a worse GK. Ole made promises to a pot of players and fecked them over by not giving them the fair and promised chances.
Can't blame someone for (allegedly) breaking the code of conduct and behaving unprofessionally? Of course you can. Legitimate grievance or not, there is the right way and the monumentally stupid way of going about things.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Very high opinion of himself considering his level is no higher than midtable (yes yes, that's us at the moment etc).
Which is signifcantly better than rotting on our bench.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
From the outside it looks like no one within the first team , I include coaches, seems likeable. :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Of course you can. If he's the source, then the he could at the very least just go public and state he wants to leave and hand in a transfer request. But to anonymously leak information damaging the dressing room morale is just pathetic.

Pickle85

Which is signifcantly better than rotting on our bench.
Oh don't be so dramatic. He signed a contract, it hasn't worked and he'll probably leave at the end of the season. Time will tell, but I imagine he'll end up with midtable/relegation fodder clubs.

United in sin

I blame Solskjaer for feeding Henderson's inflated ego. Henderson should've been made clear about his position as number 2 but Solskjaer promised him more and gave him a run of games.

In fact he was pretty much number one during that run even after De Gea returned from his personal trip to Spain. He would've been number one goin into this season if not for getting Covid but De Gea has rightfully taken his spot back

JPRouve

Scout
Oh don't be so dramatic. He signed a contract, it hasn't worked and he'll probably leave at the end of the season. Time will tell, but I imagine he'll end up with midtable/relegation fodder clubs.
He is rotting on our bench, there is no two way about it. And if you actually think that the club is rational then there is no way they gave him that contract without selling him the idea that he was supposed to play significantly and it would understandable if he is a bit upset. Now he probably shouldn't storm out of training or anything like that in the middle of the season. Also there is seemingly a trend with a bunch of players that have been sold something and got something else, they are either all liars/foolish or someone was/is highly dishonest within the club.

JPRouve

Scout
Comes back to what I said in my “young goalkeeper” thread. I don’t understand why any ambitious young goalkeeper would want to be a number 2. Nor why any club would ask them to be one. Total waste of a career and always a risk of causing tension.
It was a surprisingly good point from you. :angel:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Big mistake, we should have given him the No. 1 spot. He will be successful wherever he goes. He will have a better future than De Gea, so keeping him out of goal is just baffling. He needs the backing, GK always do, otherwise they dont perform to their level.You can quote me in a couple of years. Looking for a mid to long term GK when we have one on the bench. This club just doesnt want to make difficult, but right decisions.
He's not really that amazing, he's good but it's not like we'd be losing van der Sar, a top 8 team is about his level I'd say and I'd be surprised if he ever went above that. I don't think he's ever likely to be good enough to be England's #1 for example.

Pickle85

He is rotting on our bench, there is no two way about it. And if you actually think that the club is rational then there is no way they gave him that contract without selling him the idea that he was supposed to play significantly and it would understandable if he is a bit upset. Now he probably shouldn't storm out of training or anything like that in the middle of the season. Also there is seemingly a trend with a bunch of players that have been sold something and got something else, they are either all liars/foolish or someone was/is highly dishonest within the club.
I suspect what happened was that he had more faith in his ability than was deserved. Yes, maybe he was promised more game time than he's getting but a change of regime happened and the new manager clearly doesn't want to rotate keepers in the same way. It happens...he's getting well compensated for it and will, probably, get a move at the end of the season. No big deal.

Thiagoal

Nah, he’s never going to be an elite keeper. He looked far better at Sheffield United where the pressure was less. The Mo Salah goal solidified my view last season; that was under 10’s level positioning

JPRouve

Scout
I suspect what happened was that he had more faith in his ability than was deserved. Yes, maybe he was promised more game time than he's getting but a change of regime happened and the new manager clearly doesn't want to rotate keepers in the same way. It happens...he's getting well compensated for it and will, probably, get a move at the end of the season. No big deal.
Okay, so explain to me why the club gave him a starter contract? You actually think that it happened without the idea of starting him? My suspiscion is that the club planned to sell De Gea but couldn't and then started the player with the larger contract because initially De Gea wasn't even good so there is no argument to support the idea that he deserved it more.

mu4c_20le

I kinda figured it was him, remember reading about some speculation before and I can't imagine him being happy about not playing for so long. Ralf was right to drop him.

JPRouve

Scout
Even a stopped clock…
But seriously, I remember a conversation about it in past year and it goes beyond young goalkeepers. There has been a strange trend of good and very good players joining clubs without any prospect of clear gametime.

Status
Not open for further replies.