Foot: Right
Player Agent: ICM Stellar Sports
Current Club: Nottingham Forest

On Loan From: Manchester United

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Date of Last Contract Extension: Aug 25, 2020​

Last edited:

Caesar2290

Highlights of the friendly between Forest and Hertha Berlin.

Looks very comfortable in the role of the sweeper keeper/deep playmaker. Hope he has a good loan.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Highlights of the friendly between Forest and Hertha Berlin.

Looks very comfortable in the role of the sweeper keeper/deep playmaker. Hope he has a good loan.

Nice distribution, hopefully he will have good loan. Looks like Forest are a team that builds the game from back.

Dante

Average bang
He looked good in that clip. More than decent with his feet, and quick distribution with his throws. Shot stopping was quite impressive as well.

I would have preferred him to DDG this season, but that's not going to happen. All I can do now is hope both of them have a good season.

Caesar2290

One of the things I liked about that clip is when he was in a similar situation to that "Charlie, wtf are you doing?" backpass. Instead of hoofing it, he actually played a short successful pass to the nearest defender.

We'll see how this season pans out, but it always struck me as odd that we've let him go so easily on loan. Hopefully, the fact that we don't have buy clause built in might mean that we can have him back at the end of the season.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
One of the things I liked about that clip is when he was in a similar situation to that "Charlie, wtf are you doing?" backpass. Instead of hoofing it, he actually played a short successful pass to the nearest defender.

We'll see how this season pans out, but it always struck me as odd that we've let him go so easily on loan. Hopefully, the fact that we don't have buy clause built in might mean that we can have him back at the end of the season.
He needs regular football. De Gea is a top keeper and was always going to play this season. As nice as it is to have a top drawer back up, it’s not fair on the player. I’m glad he’s got the opportunity to play.

Caesar2290

The decision to let him go on loan is looking more and more of a bad decision on our part. I get it that he wants regular game time, and he had so many promises of it for the past 2 seasons only to have a bit part role in the squad.

I'm fairly certain had he stayed here he would have been our No. 1 instead of DDG by the WC. Now ETH has to persist with a GK that isn't comfortable coming off his line to claim crosses.

RonaldoVII

The decision to let him go on loan is looking more and more of a bad decision on our part. I get it that he wants regular game time, and he had so many promises of it for the past 2 seasons only to have a bit part role in the squad.

I'm fairly certain had he stayed here he would have been our No. 1 instead of DDG by the WC. Now ETH has to persist with a GK that isn't comfortable coming off his line to claim crosses.
Henderson was never the answer.

Caesar2290

At least 3 managers disagree with you.
Who are they? Ole dropped DDG and only brought him back when Henderson had covid. Ralf was Ralf.

The jury is still out if ETH will persist with DDG if pulls another performance like this one.

RonaldoVII

Who are they? Ole dropped DDG and only brought him back when Henderson had covid. Ralf was Ralf.

The jury is still out if ETH will persist with DDG if pulls another performance like this one.
Henderson only got in due to DDG having a child. It was hardly on merit and he was average at best.

edcunited1878

Henderson only got in due to DDG having a child. It was hardly on merit and he was average at best.
And then Henderson was injured at the end of the season, which saw him miss out on the Euros, allowing Ramsdale to take his national team place. He's slipped behind Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale and possibly another GK.

And while David came back early for preseason, Henderson was coming back from injury and never recovered his momentum from the previous season. David then went from strength to strength at the beginning of last season and by all accounts had a great season.

Some of these people just refuse to accept that Henderson has not shown above and beyond ability to unseat David. His time may come at United, but until then, he's got a lot to prove to himself and others.

Caesar2290

Yeah, those 2 years prior of consistent howlers must have been just a blip.

And then Henderson was injured at the end of the season, which saw him miss out on the Euros, allowing Ramsdale to take his national team place. He's slipped behind Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale and possibly another GK.

And while David came back early for preseason, Henderson was coming back from injury and never recovered his momentum from the previous season. David then went from strength to strength at the beginning of last season and by all accounts had a great season.

Some of these people just refuse to accept that Henderson has not shown above and beyond ability to unseat David. His time may come at United, but until then, he's got a lot to prove to himself and others.
The problem is that people only remember the first part of the season and cite this as some kind of resurgence. At the same time they completely forget his second part where he was the second worst GK in the league.

As a sidenote, the fact that Dean lost his NT place was down to injuries/game time. What does that say about DDG who can't get ahead of a Brighton GK despite being our No. 1

Mcking

Agree with some of this, and I'm happy he has gone on loan. Two goalkeepers competing for a starting spot rarely works and would be just putting your goalkeepers under unnecessary pressure. You don't want the goalkeeper in your team trying to impress, it is only going to lead to mistakes that will likely be costly.

Henderson has impressed in all his loans so far, but his stock is probably as low as it has ever been for the last few years now. If he returns another impressive Premier League season, then he would be making a much stronger case.

I don't want him at the club for as long as De Gea is here. The man with 400+ appearances will always have it easier no matter how well Henderson performs in the games he plays. We should keep loaning him out if we see him as our next No 1, or be decisive and replace De Gea with him in the squad.

SinNombre

We should do neither.

Hope Hendo has a good season, sell him for 25M, and then let DDG return to Spain and buy a new GK who fits ETH’s style next summer.

Caesar2290

We should do neither.

Hope Hendo has a good season, sell him for 25M, and then let DDG return to Spain and buy a new GK who fits ETH’s style next summer.
Probably the best outcome for everyone involved. Who would you pick as DDG replacement?

edcunited1878

Yeah, those 2 years prior of consistent howlers must have been just a blip.

The problem is that people only remember the first part of the season and cite this as some kind of resurgence. At the same time they completely forget his second part where he was the second worst GK in the league.

As a sidenote, the fact that Dean lost his NT place was down to injuries/game time. What does that say about DDG who can't get ahead of a Brighton GK despite being our No. 1
You're cherry picking the second half of the season after United went out of the CL and lost the plot on all facets of football.

Nobody believes David is the long term solution at the club due to his contract/wage situation and the approach is shaping up to be under EtH.

Henderson should get a clear shot at being number 1. He's earned a chance but he's unable to beat out David. That's very clear.

Sanchez fits the need for Spain and I agree with that. So then you ask yourself, is Henderson equal or better than Sanchez? No. Could he be, maybe, but jury is still out. If Henderson was as good as you believe, then he would have more clubs going after him. But he's played 1 full season in the PL with Sheffield and now going into a 2nd with another newly promoted team.

Henderson has been unfortunate with injuries and timing of them. That's all part of football. I've mentioned many times before in previous DDG threads...his time at the club is coming to a crossroad and for everyone involved, it should end. Last guaranteed contract year is this season. Club have an option for 23/24. Henderson is under contract for 23/24 and 24/25 at one-third of DDG contact.

izec

Our actual number 1 on loan :houllier:

And i thought we dont look at names and past performances anymore

tomaldinho1

Not going to pretend I watched the whole game but he looked immense in the highlights today. Weird as a United fan seeing a keeper owning their box, why isn’t he competing with DDG he’s already so much more aggressive and active off his line it seems a waste.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he will have awesome loan playing as modern keeper, next season we can let de gea to and replace him with Henderson.

SoCross

If he impresses ETH, he’d have a place with us next season.
If De Gea does well, we will have a great keeper too.
If neither impress, we will get a new keeper.

All ‘ifs.’ This season is all about building for the next for me. Get CL footie, try to win a cup trophy, get in players suited for United.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
One of the all rounded goalkeepers that reach their prime the older they get.

Idxomer

There isn't even anything special in this video but it shows how a proactive keeper can make it much easier for his defenders.

I have no doubt he's gonna have a better season than De Gea like the last time he went on loan.

Oranges038

That's pretty much just bog standard goalkeeping right there.

If anyone thinks that there's something special about it, it just shows how little of that DDG actually does compared to your average keeper.

Olecurls99

A very good goalkeeper. I'm sure he's gonna have a very good season for Forest. Then we either sell or put him in the team. I suppose a lot of it comes down to how De Gea does this season.

Kag

Collected the ball on the edge of the penalty more times in that one video than De Gea did all of last season.
Of course. Henderson is a really good goalkeeper and will prove it again with regular games this season.

Meanwhile, we’ve got Krusty the Clown in goal, too scared to come off his line and catch the ball.

I don’t blame Ten Hag for the goalkeeping situation; the whole situation has been managed abysmally by the club.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Do Forest have an option to buy in this loan?
No. It was rumoured but I think we negotiated it to just a loan, ten Hag needed as little distractions as possible and the goalkeeper situation had the potential to be a headache. So Henderson in the Prem for a year, go and develop some more, don't activate the +1 on DDG's deal and let Henderson come back and steak his own claim next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.