Dean Henderson image 26

Dean Henderson England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Truth of the matter is that if Henderson is returning to compete for the #1 spot then we've either failed in our recruitment of a goalkeeper, or we have a different manager who doesn't favour playing out from the goalkeeper.

He's a good goalkeeper and will go on to have a very good career in the Premier League, and maybe even for England. Simple fact though is that he is not good enough with his feet.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Based on his recent comments, I'm sure Henderson would be delighted to hear he's expected to "compete" for the #1 spot again.

By the end of next summer both De Gea and Henderson should be gone, with an actual top talent goalkeeper in their place. Stop dicking around with these two bad options.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I personally find Henderson a bit underrated.

Sure he isn’t perfect - but he seems like a goalkeeper that will get better with time.

CloneMC16

Henderson won't want to come back if he's not the #1. We either make him the #1 or buy a new keeper.

Lyng

Henderson won't want to come back if he's not the #1. We either make him the #1 or buy a new keeper.
Hopefully we sign a new one. Henderson is no way near good enough with his feet and with the stuff he said in that interview we should sell him asap.
Get a keeper like Sanchez instead.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It always amazes me how people that want him in goal cite Dave's shitty distribution.

His command of the box, I get, but Hendo isn't good on the ball either.

Lemoor

He's 25/25 in short passes and 18/81 in long passes. It's much more indicative of Forest's style of play than of his distribution. Funnily enough Meslier is one of the only goalkeepers who have lower long pass accuracy than Henderson in the league, but obviously he doesn't attempt them nearly as often.

Phil Osophy

Robert Sanchez (Brighton) is named as an example of a good modern keeper and he's the second worst this season with 41.7 %, practically the same. I think it also depends on the team and what instructions they have.

In 2020/21 Henderson had a 67.2 % at United in the 12 league games he played, 84.6 % in 1 game in the CL (I don't remember which one) and 70 % in 4 games in the EL.

That said it's obvious that his play on the ball is nothing extraordinary and having spent years in the low divisions didn't help, especially in a team like Sheff Utd where he was clearly instructed to kick it long, as it's probably happening now again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another howler for the big man. I've seen trees fall faster

Lyng

How did he not even move after that? Slow badly hit shot and he is just standing there.
We need a better replacement for De Gea

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

:lol:

And it's not even the weakest Harry Kane shot he's let past him.

dbs235

So many on here delighted every goal he concedes, as if he's City or Liverpool's keeper.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Regularly gets shown up as an average keeper. He is good on Crosses/Corner and commands his box well but regularly lets in soft shots. He let in more than a few that De Gea would have been slaughtered for while starting for us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So many on here delighted every goal he concedes, as if he's City or Liverpool's keeper.
Yeah, when you badmouth Manchester United and brag about how you forced a loan move before the new manager could even look at you, Manchester United fans tend to go from not rating you to actively hoping you fall flat on your face.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Put a target on your back, people will take shots.

All he is doing is proving that the club were right about him.

look at this positioning when the shot is taken, he's almost brushing up against the post! why is he over covering that side so much?

He obviously expects Kane to hit a curling shot to the near post, but when he chooses the other corner he's got his positioning so wrong he can't even reach the ball moving at a snails pace.

Awful keeping.

Drz

As much as I was hoping he'd be next in line, I feel if he is at most marginally better than DDG.
And if we were to move on from DDG, it has to be for a top goalkeeper or one of the very best, and he isn't it.
Also, I feel something went on behind closed doors that we are not privy to, given how Ole and now Ten Hag have kept their faith in DDG.

Tiki-Taka

Say what you want about him, if he was playing for us we’d love his arrogance

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Say what you want about him, if he was playing for us we’d love his arrogance
He never showed his arrogance at United he looked scared because of the pressure that's why he never displaced De Gea.

lsd

The Oracle
Amazing how quiet this thread gets when he makes a few big saves!

Don't think it's ever quiet. He lets a goal in people post he makes a save people post

While it's a good penalty save I don't give up that much credit for saving a penalty as you go the right way you have a good chance.

Not sure about the celebrations either I mean he does know the score doesn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.