Dean Henderson England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Any top keeper would be able to control that with their feet and pass it to a teammate before they got closed down.
Wait, so you think "top keepers" control shot /crosses that happen inside the box? Would love to see one example of this happening.

Any normal keeper... Hell, every keeper just saves it / knocks it out for a corner.

It's a bit silly to judge a keepers distribution on one mistake, let alone a mistake that has nothing to do with actually passing the ball. Otherwise Alisson is currently the worst passer in the league.

arnie_ni

Keep.up the good fight. Saving the ball with your feet has nothing to do with your ability to distribute with your feet.

If it did, de gea would have the best distribution in the world because i don't think there's a keeper who saves with his feet more.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Wait, so you think "top keepers" control shot /crosses that happen inside the box?
Maupay's scuffed cross was travelling at about 1mph. This wasn't a De Bruyne-esque delivery. So yes, I expected De Gea to be able to control the ball rather than watching it hit both of his feet.

Besides, my initial point was in response to this section of your post:

I'd give the edge to De Gea because, while his passing isn't great, he does have a very good first touch
Nothing about that Everton goal screamed "good first touch".

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would this cnut be ineligible to face us in the cup?

Al-T

Would this cnut be ineligible to face us in the cup?
I believe Loan players are permitted to play against their parent club in domestic Cup competitions. Unless United have put a clause in his deal forbidding it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not sure what’s wrong with that celebration. I absolutely loved it. He has just saved a penalty to get his team to a cup semifinal so he deserves to be thrilled

Idxomer

Kind of funny he won't ba able to play in the semifinals after all of this.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not sure what’s wrong with that celebration. I absolutely loved it. He has just saved a penalty to get his team to a cup semifinal so he deserves to be thrilled
Oh didn’t you know he’s enemy number one on here… I really don’t mind his antics at all! In fact I wish our pussy cat of a keeper would show some fecking passion.

JB7

People just hate him. He could come out & say Boris Johnson was a cnut and people would shout him down.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Sheffield United will probably be promoted, they are 9 pts up, and given how they have looked, you got to bet on it being more than 9 pts rather than less than 9 pts when it’s all said and done.

I would be surprised if Nottingham isn’t relegated, but Henderson was fantastic for SU the last cameo they had in the PL.

Hope we make some transfers with them. They are getting parachute money this season, and will get a lot of TV money next year. Wouldn’t mind it if they were looking to get back their home town hero Harry Maguire and Dean Henderson. 50m for the both of them? ;)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We can give written permission for him to play apparently. Can’t wait for his meltdown when we don’t :lol:
I mean yeah that just isn't going to happen.

It would be daft for multiple reasons.

CM

He celebrated harder than Martinez when he won the WC :lol:
I actually think there's a similarity between the two in terms of mentality. Don't think either of them are anything more than midtable standard goalkeepers really but both can get up for a big game - both seem to have a pretty decent record on penalties as well.

city-puma

just watch the highlight. Henderson performed amazingly and pulled out at least two stunning saves. Then, in penalty shootout, save two.

criticalanalysis

I know he's a bit deluded and got a big mouth but I love stuff like this (when it's doesn't involve us). Seems like he started it with the cupping of the ears (probably got a lot of abuse from the fans behind him) and then the back and forth with the Wolves players :lol:

Rockets Redglare

I actually think there's a similarity between the two in terms of mentality. Don't think either of them are anything more than midtable standard goalkeepers really but both can get up for a big game - both seem to have a pretty decent record on penalties as well.
Yeah they’re not elite goalkeepers in terms of ability but they think they are which gives them the mental edge in big games and knock out competitions.
The best goalies for shootouts are always absolute wankers.

JB7

just watch the highlight. Henderson performed amazingly and pulled out at least two stunning saves. Then, in penalty shootout, save two.
Yeah I've got a few mates who were in the Wolves end, said they'd been giving him stick all night and he was outstanding so they fully expected him to give some back at the end.

Doracle

Certainly builds on that theory on the true allegiances of ‘Brent’ :p
I’d be relatively supportive of this if he was someone who we might want back. However, he burnt his bridges when he left and I don’t think he will ever play for us again. No benefit to us in allowing him to play.

Chairman Steve

I wouldn’t let him play against us regardless if he was the most wholesome player ever. We’re not a charity and tough shit for being an loanee.

But because he talked shit on us the minute he joined Forest, then I definitely don’t feel bad. Forest should have splashed out on a full purchase instead of spending it on 50 other players in the summer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.