Dean Henderson England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don't care how good Henderson thinks he is (he isn't THAT good) when you are on loan from your club and you say things like this about your team mates, you need to be sold as soon as possible https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-de-gea-dean-henderson-27993887

Toxic attitude voids everything else. He is a grown up, he should know the basics of a proper behavior in a team environment.

I would prefer to never see Dean Henderson in the United shirt, ever again.
The 'criminal' comment is overboard and he's coming across as being very unprofessional. He clearly feels he was mistreated, but not sure how moaning in public is meant to help him. It will surely put off other clubs.
He needs to just get on with it and make the most of the loan. Feels like he's more a mid-level club player tbh.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The 'criminal' comment is overboard and he's coming across as being very unprofessional. He clearly feels he was mistreated, but not sure how moaning in public is meant to help him. It will surely put off other clubs.
He needs to just get on with it and make the most of the loan. Feels like he's more a mid-level club player tbh.
Yeah. I don't even blame him for being bitter. Wouldn't be shocked if the dysfunctional regime under Ole indeed told him he was gonna be #1 and he feels stabbed in the back, but
1. Things change even when people mean promises in the best way. He is not exactly proving that he is better than De Gea.
2.Saying everything publicly is just incredibly juvenile.He is supposed to be a grown-up.

largelyworried

Some stats so far this season, comparing Henderson to the stat leader and to De Gea.

Shot Stopping
(Post Shot xG - Goals Allowed per 90)
1st - Pickford+0.57
10th – De Gea+0.02
11th – Henderson-0.04

Long range pass completion
1st – Allison54.7%
13th – De Gea34.2%
17th – Henderson30.4%

Crosses collected
1st – Fabianski13.6%
Joint 19th – De Gea1.6%
Joint 19th – Henderson1.6%

Sweeping
(Defensive actions outside the box per 90 mins)
1st - Pickford1.83
5th – Henderson1.14
15th – De Gea0.5

Not a huge amount of games to consider, but the stats are weirdly similar, and unremarkable in both cases.

AshRK

I don't care about him and neither de gea. I hope neither is starting as our first choice GK next season.

Gordon S

Not sure prime Preud`homme would have saved those first two goals. Could have done better for the free kick i guess, even if it was a good one.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not sure prime Preud`homme would have saved those first two goals. Could have done better for the free kick i guess, even if it was a good one.
You underestimate 3 things because of which many Henderson's goals look "amazing".
1) height and arms reach
2) positioning
3) reaction speed

You can see every week how gks save those shots. Good gks.

Gordon S

You underestimate 3 things because of which many Henderson's goals look "amazing".
1) height and arms reach
2) positioning
3) reaction speed

You can see every week how gks save those shots. Good gks.
First goal came from a heavy deflection, from a defenders arms, the ball was heading for the right post but went in towards the left instead. I would love to see the keeper that anticipates that! Barnes shot was beautifully placed bottom corner, close to the post. Not saying he is great by any means but extremely harsh to blame him for these goals.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just hope we can get 20m for him and be done.

sugar_kane

Mocking him for conceding goals in a struggling team is pretty lame, but he deserves having the piss taken for throwing his toddler tantrums every time he lets one in. Once is kind of okay, every time is just fecking bizarre -makes him look like an absolute tit. I wouldn't have wanted to share a dressing room with him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He looks like a WWE ref after every goal they concede. It's embarrassing. Agree with @sugar_kane I wouldn't want to share a dressing room with him.

Neither him or DDG are good enough for what we want to be building so I'd move both on next summer.

lsd

The Oracle
Mocking him for conceding goals in a struggling team is pretty lame, but he deserves having the piss taken for throwing his toddler tantrums every time he lets one in. Once is kind of okay, every time is just fecking bizarre -makes him look like an absolute tit. I wouldn't have wanted to share a dressing room with him.

It's clearly very fake but he must think it's the thing to do and that it makes him look good which it doesn't

Tommy79

Dear god those stats for the amount he has let in from outside the box are horrific, as he has to take his fair share and it's not just the defenders and people were demanding that be our #1.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Dear god those stats for the amount he has let in from outside the box are horrific, as he has to take his fair share and it's not just the defenders and people were demanding that be our #1.
Not quite. You will always underperform against the goals you actually concede, but will always be overperforming every time you make a save. You also shouldn’t use pre-shot xG to assess GK performance, because it doesn’t do anything to tell you how hard it is to save any particular shot.

JustinC00

Howler of a game yesterday. Whoscored had him rated 4.8, which was 1.1 worse than the 2nd worst rated player of that match. Bottom of the table with the 2nd most goals allowed but i'm sure he has zero to do with that.

Didn't want ETH to see him in training because ETH would have wanted him to stay. HA. what a joke. Naaaaaaah, he was worried about ETH confirming that DDG was still the #1 like OGS and Rangnick did.

FujiVice

There's nothing he does that is better than David De Gea. He's Ben Foster without the self awareness.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Wouldve been interesting to see him play against us last week, reckon we could have hit 4 or 5 then.

Varun1

There's nothing he does that is better than David De Gea. He's Ben Foster without the self awareness.
Strange thing to say, given Watford weren't best pleased with Foster's social media activities.

Devil81

Hopefully Forest stay up because I think they will buy him.

I'd imagine we'd get a decent fee for him.

FujiVice

Strange thing to say, given Watford weren't best pleased with Foster's social media activities.
Yeah, he was a 40 year old man planning his exit strategy. He knew what he was doing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hopefully Forest stay up because I think they will buy him.

I'd imagine we'd get a decent fee for him.
If not Forest someone will have him, hopefully we don't even think about keeping him

FujiVice

And one would expect much better from a 40 year old man.
Why? Millionaire owners in the second tier of English football will get over it. Ben Foster took in a vunerable homeless person on Christmas day a few years ago. I think he might be quite a decent guy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If not Forest someone will have him, hopefully we don't even think about keeping him
With his comments in the summer about wanting to leave before ten Hag even had the chance to talk to him, I’d be surprised if we do.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

His distribution is far better than De Gea's and he's much better at commanding his area.

I know he's much more of an unlikeable bloke but let's not pretend that every single aspect of his game is inferior to De Gea's.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His distribution is far better than De Gea's.
Not sure about that. Henderson is certainly much more willing and eager to come out and try to play the ball around, but his actual ability to do so isn't very good. Not with his feet, anyway. His distribution with his throws is certainly much better. He sets up a lot of counter-attacks with quick throws to players in good positions, and it's something that I'd love to see more of from whoever our keeper is. Makes me miss Schmeichel.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His distribution is far better than De Gea's and he's much better at commanding his area.

I know he's much more of an unlikeable bloke but let's not pretend that every single aspect of his game is inferior to De Gea's.
It's not at all.

He's just as poor - if not more so - with the ball at his feet.

I'd give the edge to De Gea because, while his passing isn't great, he does have a very good first touch

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It's not at all.

He's just as poor - if not more so - with the ball at his feet.

I'd give the edge to De Gea because, while his passing isn't great, he does have a very good first touch
His distribution with his hands is miles better than De Gea's throwing. See Shaw's goal vs City in 2021.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The fact that De Gea's pass completion is about 10% higher, and has a much much better first touch, means that he's not.
Once again De Gea was absolutely mint with the ball at his feet tonight wasn't he. Dean Henderson can only dream of having such composer on the ball.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Once again De Gea was absolutely mint with the ball at his feet tonight wasn't he. Dean Henderson can only dream of having such composer on the ball.
The goal had zero to do with the ball at his feet? That would be like me showing one of the several goals Henderson concedes from range and saying "not great with the ball at his feet is he?"

He only misplaced two passes (both long balls) today by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.