Dean Henderson England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I dont think he was trying to be disrespectful to Forest, it was more a there are different pressures / skills required at the top half to the bottom half of the table.

I mean Forest themselves went and got Keylor Navas on loan, do you think that is to be 2nd choice to Dean Henderson?

Do keepers not play in other cups? I didnt realise that other competitions dont play with defence or keeper.
It is disrespectful primarily as it isn’t true. If does think it’s the case then he obviously isn’t paying attention or taking an interest in one of his players. In our case, Hennessay has played most of the cup games (the ones we have shipped goals), which is the main reason we went for Nevas. Cooper wants competition for every position, GK included.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If Ten Hag did say that about picking the ball out of the net (I have heard it from elsewhere) then he can feck off the disrespectful little twat. United goals conceded record is nothing to brag about this season and since the WC both teams have conceded 6 in the Prem.
Doubt he said that, that looks like dumb statement to make.

Lyng

It is disrespectful primarily as it isn’t true. If does think it’s the case then he obviously isn’t paying attention or taking an interest in one of his players. In our case, Hennessay has played most of the cup games (the ones we have shipped goals), which is the main reason we went for Nevas. Cooper wants competition for every position, GK included.
While Henderson is grade A cnut and I would love for Ten Hag to shit all over him in public, I highly doubt its a true quote. Its simply far from the type of comment he would make.
I like Forest though and even if you rate Henderson, Navas is a much better keeper and would move you up a level.

Rockets Redglare

Insulting another member
If Ten Hag did say that about picking the ball out of the net (I have heard it from elsewhere) then he can feck off the disrespectful little twat. United goals conceded record is nothing to brag about this season and since the WC both teams have conceded 6 in the Prem.
Of course he didn’t say that you moron.

mu4c_20le

I remember looking at a graph or table of the PL keepers this season, he and Bazunu were ranked at the bottom. Probably something to do with a couple of blowouts early on the season

edit: here it is https://www.football365.com/news/fe...-ranked-psxg-liverpool-alisson-man-utd-de-gea

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I remember looking at a graph or table of the PL keepers this season, he and Bazunu were ranked at the bottom. Probably something to do with a couple of blowouts early on the season

edit: here it is https://www.football365.com/news/fe...-ranked-psxg-liverpool-alisson-man-utd-de-gea
Yes - after Leicester in early Oct we changed formation and apart from a thrashing at Highbury, have conceded less than a goal a game on average with Henderson in net. If the quote is true ETH is an idiot.

Longshanks

Yep, I read that because Ten Hag thought it was not going to help him develop if he has to keep picking the ball out of the net.

It just shows mentality, he wants a keeper that is used to not conceding goals. Henderson is a very good keeper IMO but for a lower league club, not for United.

He has no skill that is better than DDG and we need to improve on DDG. DDG is a better shot stopper and better keeper.

Henderson would have been first choice if he was a ball playing keeper, no chance he is that, he is more of a hoof it upfield keeper.
I can't imagine Ten hag said that. There are different pressures for sure but you don't learn alot potentially sitting on the bench. The conversation happened before he got an injury and forest decided to go and get another keeper because there own back up has been poor.

I'm terms of skill sets Henderson has better distribution, is a better sweeper, better one on one and more commanding. De Gea has him on positioning and mid to long range shot stopping, and maybe just pips him on reflex saves but not much in that one I would say.

On balance I don't think there is huge amount in them, De Gea may wow you more occansionaly but Hendersons better shot prevention probably just about makes up for it. I personally prefer more pro active keepers so given the choice I would pick Henderson over De Gea but we can do better either way. Neither are what you would call ball playing goalkeepers.

romufc

I can't imagine Ten hag said that. There are different pressures for sure but you don't learn alot potentially sitting on the bench. The conversation happened before he got an injury and forest decided to go and get another keeper because there own back up has been poor.

I'm terms of skill sets Henderson has better distribution, is a better sweeper, better one on one and more commanding. De Gea has him on positioning and mid to long range shot stopping, and maybe just pips him on reflex saves but not much in that one I would say.

On balance I don't think there is huge amount in them, De Gea may wow you more occansionaly but Hendersons better shot prevention probably just about makes up for it. I personally prefer more pro active keepers so given the choice I would pick Henderson over De Gea but we can do better either way. Neither are what you would call ball playing goalkeepers.
This is clearly a troll post.

There is no, virtually no evidence to support any of those claims. Henderson most definitely does not have better distribution or one on one.

Henderson is a very average keeper, he has shown nothing, I mean nothing to suggest he even deserves to be number 1 at United. He is a mid-lower league keeper that excels are pretty much nothing.

Longshanks

There is no, virtually no evidence to support any of those claims. Henderson most definitely does not have better distribution or one on one.

Henderson is a very average keeper, he has shown nothing, I mean nothing to suggest he even deserves to be number 1 at United. He is a mid-lower league keeper that excels are pretty much nothing.
Nope no trolling, here is the evidence to support the claims.

https://fbref.com/en/players/e5a76dfe/Dean-Henderson

https://fbref.com/en/players/7ba6d84e/David-de-Gea

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest

Henderson’s distribution is shockingly bad to the point where I really don’t want us to sign him. The rest of his game is first class but Samba’s speed of thought was in a different league - most of our breaks last season started with a ball out from Samba before the opposition had recovered. Henderson just stands their looking before eventually kicking it to the opposition or out of play.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Henderson’s distribution is shockingly bad to the point where I really don’t want us to sign him. The rest of his game is first class but Samba’s speed of thought was in a different league - most of our breaks last season started with a ball out from Samba before the opposition had recovered. Henderson just stands their looking before eventually kicking it to the opposition or out of play.
Ahhhh the De Gea method.

romufc

The data is completely skewed. You are comparing stats of 2 players where one has played 2340 more minutes than the other.

These are stats including last season where United had switched off and let DDG to defend alone.

But anyway, I get it, you need the numbers skewed to support your narrative.

romufc

In my opinion, most goal keepers should be able to do the basics well, shot stop etc.. which is what he does.

DDG excels in shot stopping, I would go to say he is still one of the best in the PL at that.

Henderson for the way he acts and the wage he is demanding doesn't really do that.

I think you will realise once Keylor Navas plays and we will come back to this after a few games.

Gazza

:lol:

El Presidente

Just checked and you've conceded the second most goals in the Prem.
De Gea is 3rd in the clean sheets ranking. Was second up until last week. Where was he wrong?

Our conceded record is literally something to brag about as most of those came at the start of the season when we played Maguire. He only gets cup games now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol:

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Just checked and you've conceded the second most goals in the Prem.
De Gea is 3rd in the clean sheets ranking. Was second up until last week. Where was he wrong?

Our conceded record is literally something to brag about as most of those came at the start of the season when we played Maguire. He only gets cup games now.
“since the WC both teams have conceded 6 in the Prem”.
See previous reply:
“after Leicester in early Oct we changed formation and apart from a thrashing at Highbury, have conceded less than a goal a game on average with Henderson in net.”

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
In my opinion, most goal keepers should be able to do the basics well, shot stop etc.. which is what he does.

DDG excels in shot stopping, I would go to say he is still one of the best in the PL at that.

Henderson for the way he acts and the wage he is demanding doesn't really do that.

I think you will realise once Keylor Navas plays and we will come back to this after a few games.
I don’t disagree with a lot of that but Henderson shot stopping is brilliant, it has be considering the chances we cough up.

Longshanks

The data is completely skewed. You are comparing stats of 2 players where one has played 2340 more minutes than the other.

These are stats including last season where United had switched off and let DDG to defend alone.

[/QUOTE]

Ok these are the same stats but based on just this season. https://fbref.com/en/players/e5a76dfe/scout/11566/Dean-Henderson-Scouting-Report

https://fbref.com/en/players/7ba6d84e/scout/11566/David-de-Gea-Scouting-Report

De Gea is marginally better at shot stopping but Henderson is a far more competent sweeper and much more commanding.

Neither are particuley strong in there distribution but Henderson is slight better IMO, he's certainly more confident and has a better long kick and long throw but De Gea may be slightly better technically with short to mid passing.

Olecurls99

Dave is doing it for Man United. Not every keeper can hack the big time.

What are we talking about here?

Dave De Gea is twice the keeper Dean Henderson is

Longshanks

Dave is doing it for Man United. Not every keeper can hack the big time.

What are we talking about here?

Dave De Gea is twice the keeper Dean Henderson is
Dean has done it for Man United aswell.

Twice the keeper you say? That's a wild claim with no actual evidence to back it up.

I don't think either are good enough for us in all honesty there are considerably better keepers out there, quite a few of them.

Olecurls99

Twice the keeper you say? That's a wild claim with no actual evidence to back it up.

I don't think either are good enough for us in all honesty there are considerably better keepers out there, quite a few of them.
Hasn't Dave been our player of the season multiple times? Hasn't he been in the PL team of the season? Streuth

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
United have one of the highest clean sheet totals in Europe including two against your team, stop crying about made up quotes.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
United have one of the highest clean sheet totals in Europe including two against your team, stop crying about made up quotes.
In the Prem DDG has eight, Henderson six? By all means brag away mate!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pure wumming . Don't understand the point in coming to a United forum and comparing a relegation outfit to a team in top 3 (with all respect).

Coming to facts , our 26 goals conceded may look like bit excessive but we conceded 10 in 2. 16 conceded in 19 is probably one of the best. Well, you can't control what other post.

redcucumber

In the Prem DDG has eight, Henderson six? By all means brag away mate!
Mate, you've conceded 35 goals in 21 games. The 4th highest in the league. Coming onto a United forum and calling ten Hag an idiot based on some random (likely made up) quotes is a sure fire way to piss people off. Wind it in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
and people wonder why some fans dislike Henderson. He can get fecked :lol:

Enjoy fighting it out with Keylor Navas :D

jesperjaap

I agree, when DeGea was playing awful and there was competition between the two, I didnt understand people saying dump DeGea due to his weakness with his feet and play Henderson, its worse than DeGea. I also think he is erratic charging off his line.

I think he is a good young keeper, but personally dont see anything special in him, will or should never ben the number one at Old Trafford so no point keeping him as his self belief is great, the ability behind it doesnt match it fo rme

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

What a bizarre post. Dean has done it for Man United aswell? Not 100% sure what evidence you need regarding DeGea, title winning, multiple player of the year keeper for us. I'm well aware of his faults and we absolutely should be discussing them but to suggest himself and Henderson are comparable in their historical performances is pretty ludicrous. Dean's done nothing yet and looked shaky as feck when he got his shot with us.

Based Adnan

Don't blame him for not wanting to come back and be second choice

Probably backs himself to replace Navas once he's back from injury as he's very highly rated over there

Longshanks

What a bizarre post. Dean has done it for Man United aswell? Not 100% sure what evidence you need regarding DeGea, title winning, multiple player of the year keeper for us. I'm well aware of his faults and we absolutely should be discussing them but to suggest himself and Henderson are comparable in their historical performances is pretty ludicrous. Dean's done nothing yet and looked shaky as feck when he got his shot with us.
Historical performances? I mean it's hard to compare them from before Henderson even played in the PL but since Hendersons debut PL season there hasn't been alot between them at all.

De Gea does have historical performances to back him up, a couple of truly remarkable seasons. But they are now the exception rather than the norm and other than a purple patch the first few months of last season he has been very average for the last 4-5 seasons. So much so that Henderson out performed him in 19/20 and 20/21. So far this season they are pretty equal with De Gea pipping Henderson on shot stopping at the moment but Hendersons better command and sweeping brings them about level IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.